Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The most you have spent on a Nintendo 64 game?

Insert Coin (Level 0) FUZZY PICKLES!!!'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Limelight788

Default The most you have spent on a Nintendo 64 game?

So we've got a thread for NES/Famicom titles and SNES games. Now it's time for N64 to have one.

The Nintendo 64 just happens to be my favorite console and the only one where I have a large library of carts for (over 30+ games). Having just gotten into retro gaming July of last year (and especially since this year started), I would say that the game I had to pay most for was Worms Armageddon for the Nintendo 64 at $123.95. I got this game mainly because I remember renting this game a few times out of Blockbuster and liking this game a lot so I decided to buy it out of nostalgia. It's still a fun game to this date but I can't say I would have paid this much had the N64 not been among my favorites. Luckily, all other remaining games I'd liked to get aren't particularly expensive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Majora's Mask at $59.99, I believe is the most I ever spent on this platform.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

It's one of my favorite systems as well. I've probably got close to what you have in number of carts, many of which I bought when they first came out.

Not counting original pricing, I think the most I paid was $50 for a loose copy of Animal Forest. I was an AC nut and I saw it MGC for $50. It was fun but I accidentally deleted a save of someone that had Famicom games....awww maaaaan....

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

35 for Sin and Punishment complete in 2004. Runners up would be Paper Mario CIB ($25, 2010), Stunt Racer 64 CIB ($25, 2004) and Taz Express w/ manual ($20, 2002).
    Last edited by Nathan Dunsmore; 03-12-2015 at 06:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess I'm kinda lucky that I bought the bulk of my current N64 collection a couple of years ago before stuff started getting crazy (although there are still quite a few carts on my want list). Thus far, the most I ever spent was 12 bucks on Paper Mario.
    Social Justice Warrior and proud of it!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

$12.75 for a used copy of Starfox 64 CIB. I also traded $60-80 worth of Intellivision stuff for a CIB Conker's Bad Fur Day a few years back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since Conker's Bad Fur Day appears to be the new Earthbound in terms of how ridiculous the prices are (which is stupid since it's not even remotely rare or hard to find), I guess you got a good deal.
    Social Justice Warrior and proud of it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I spent around $50 for the Japanese import version of Perfect Dark limited edition back in the day. That version is still worth some money too.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I recently traded a CIB Conkers for Ys 3 on turbografx. So basically swapped out a $100 game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$50 each for Paper Mario and Conker CIB like brand new. This was before the insane spike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I can't find anything as far back as ebay will go, but I think it's pretty safe to say post-N64 era the most I think I ever paid was maybe $20 tops. I don't put much value into N64 games to be honest, not even back in the day really because so many abandoned it I rarely had something to play half its life (which caused me to go multiconsole with a Turbo Duo so it wasn't all bad.) $20 may even be a stretch but it's a fair price I think.

The few games I've picked up I can remember over the last few years I know I didn't pay more than $5-15 for and that's including when I had Bomberman the Second Attack, Hydro Thunder w/book, Gauntlet Legends, Resident Evil 2 and a few others. When I was buying, most people considered the system non-collectible garbage still as things only changed in the last couple of years.

Insert Coin (Level 0) FUZZY PICKLES!!!'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Limelight788

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    It's one of my favorite systems as well. I've probably got close to what you have in number of carts, many of which I bought when they first came out.

Not counting original pricing, I think the most I paid was $50 for a loose copy of Animal Forest. I was an AC nut and I saw it MGC for $50. It was fun but I accidentally deleted a save of someone that had Famicom games....awww maaaaan....
    I used to have an old N64 back from 1999 that I eventually ended up with around 15 games for (which was sent to my dad's house after we got a PS2 in Christmas, 2001). Unfortunately, it broke back in November, 2007 and my dad sold all of the games (except Pokemon Stadium which happened to work after all of these years) since he assumed I wasn't interested in getting another one (I didn't want to make a ruckus over losing it so I said basically nothing). But over time, I realized just how much I missed my N64 and a big reason why I wanted to get a job was so I could get another N64 and buy games for it again. I should have started back in June, 2011 when I finally got a job but then again, I was anticipating Smash Wii U and I wanted to get the game on launch so that took priority for me (although I did end up buying a N64 in October, 2013 anyway along with Super Mario 64, Blast Corps, and Diddy Kong Racing).

I'm surprised you paid that much for Animal Forest. Usually you can find the game for less than that CIB.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

As we get newer and newer on systems here, there probably should be a qualifier like the NES thread, like used only, as many people who post here probably paid retail for at least a few games on these systems.

I know I paid retail (around $60) for Goldeneye, Ocarina of Time, Quest 64, and probably one or two others at the time.

Used, I think tops I ever paid out was about $15 for Super Smash Bros. At least my Conker's Bad Fur Day was free. Got it in a press kit back in the day when I was managing a store. Wish I'd kept all the packaging. I still have the shirt with Conker face down in a toilet, but it's pretty beat up now. If I'dve known it'd get so silly, I probably would have been a little more careful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$25 for Sin & Punishment complete.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

As I had an N64 at the time, then around 40 quid for new titles, although I had a US N64, so they were mail order imports. Still pretty much the same price as the PAL versions being sold here.

I own Sin&Punishment, Bangia-oh, ISS2000, and a few of the harder to find games, but didn't pay more than standard new price for them either. I don't own the "Blockbuster" games heh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FUZZY PICKLES!!! View Post
    I'm surprised you paid that much for Animal Forest. Usually you can find the game for less than that CIB.
    Now but then I think it was a little higher. I checked before I bought it and prices online were not that far off. I think I only found something like 2 copies online then.

My N64 is my launch day original. A couple controllers were also from that time period but I replaced the sticks a while back. About 10 years ago you could buy OEM sticks off E-Bay for a decent amount.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's one thing I never got into was N64 import games. I really can't think of much they got we didn't that was actually worth bothering other than I guess AC and definitely Sin and Punishment(shame the wii sequel sucks compared.) I remember there being a Neon Genesis Evangelion game too, not sure if it was all that english friendly though.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    As I had an N64 at the time, then around 40 quid for new titles, although I had a US N64, so they were mail order imports. Still pretty much the same price as the PAL versions being sold here.

I own Sin&Punishment, Bangia-oh, ISS2000, and a few of the harder to find games, but didn't pay more than standard new price for them either. I don't own the "Blockbuster" games heh.
    Wasn't ISS2000 one of the Blockbuster-exclusive games, or could I be thinking of something else?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think it was, but either way it is on low production so it is worth some scratch. There's lists around of what they only had, and then the stuff they partially only had that went into some very very limited form of retail around it or after like Transformers which did hit retail in very teeny numbers or Indiana Jones which lucas arts via the website sold just a few thousand copies of with the majority of the run (10K I was told back at E3 2000 by a guy on the project) going to blockbuster.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Hmm, $70, I suppose, but that was me paying full price when the system was still active. For used games, I think a few of my imports were the most expensive, like in the 30-40-some dollar range, for games like Sin & Punishment, Getter Love!!, and Bomberman 64 (not to be confused with the US release of the same name). I only buy my N64 imports complete, though. For used US games, I know I spent 20-30-some bucks on stuff like Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness and Goemon's Great Adventure, but those were also complete (got them only a year or two after they were released). For a loose cart, geez, I don't know if I've ever even spent more than 10 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    That's one thing I never got into was N64 import games. I really can't think of much they got we didn't that was actually worth bothering other than I guess AC and definitely Sin and Punishment(shame the wii sequel sucks compared.) I remember there being a Neon Genesis Evangelion game too, not sure if it was all that english friendly though.
    There are many good Japan-exclusive N64 games. I mean maybe not compared to Super Famicom, PC Engine, Saturn, and other systems that are very popular among importers, but there's still plenty of good stuff. The problem is that not many importers care about the N64 so there's little info in English on what's out there, which creates the vicious circle of importers assuming that there's nothing worth caring about. But that's everybody else's loss because I've built up a nice little collection of Japan exclusives without having to spend too much on them.