Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The BEST unknown SNES game the world needs to know about (NEW four-player thoughts on page 3)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Will this work on a super everdrive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGex View Post
    Well since this thread has been bumped, I am gonna have to give this game another ride. We have a family game night, and this one needs to bee added to the game rotation. We moved since the last time I played this game, it kinda got lost in the shuffle. This one sure deserves some more play!!!
    I'm excited too because next time my bro and his GF visits, we'll get the 3-player mode going. Will be my first time playing more than one human opponent. Should be a blast

Sneak, happy to share and spread the news on OB Club. As I said before, it's a shame it didn't come out back in '94. Had it, I have little doubt it would be praised universally and given more recognition when people talk about the most memorable SNES games.

theMot, I'd assume so. But I could be wrong. I know OB Club works on the ToToTek without being modified.

RVGFANATIC: SNES, Saturn, mad ramblings and more
    RELIVE | REMEMBER | REPLAY

Brand new URL!

Insert Coin (Level 0) marvelus10's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im curious if anyone ever got to making a repro of this game?

If so please comment on what modifications you made and to what cart you used etc..

Thank you

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marvelus10 View Post
    Im curious if anyone ever got to making a repro of this game?

If so please comment on what modifications you made and to what cart you used etc..

Thank you
    I'm not a repro-cart guy but the game's a 8M/1mb ROM that doesn't use SRAM for anything so IIRC it should be pretty repro-cartable as it is.

If you're weary about the original ROM then you could use the modified one for the Powerpak.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Mega Man Meets Mario?!

BS Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman Zero review

Very cool little game that mixes in elements from the platforming and beat 'em up genres quite nicely and seamlessly. There are also some moves that will remind you of Street Fighter (Hadoken fireball, rising uppercut, leg sweep) and even one enemy that totally screams Castlevania. All in all, Kaizou a nice little 2-player game worth checking out! The company that developed this game, NCS, was underrated. They also programmed BS Out of Bounds Golf and Zen Nippon Pro Wrestling Budokan, two of my personal favorites.

Brand new URL!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Banta Satellite"? *cough*
    I think next time you may want me to proof-read your articles before publishing. Mr. Satellaview-fact-checker can help with information!

But putting that aside for now...

Now this one, I've already played to death (Or so I thought - just learned I could do Shoryukens and need to figure out how to do them on command, lol).

Shubibinman Zero is similar to O.B. Club in terms of what would need to be done for Powerpaks or repro carts.

I can also say with some certainty that the 8M Pack for the game is documented as valuable - It's sold on Yahoo Japan Auctions for over 30,000 yen all by itself, which is not as much as the Squaresoft games but a very daunting price regardless. The high price is most likely due to it's limited boot-ups rendering a game that can still "play" to be a rarity. Of course, the fact that it's a pretty solid game gameplay-wise helps, too.
    And poor Callis, when he got the cart it was locked, so he couldn't do anything with it but redump the game (Thankfully the redump's at least useful as verification.)

There's multiple parties of people interested in fan translating the game. I'd like to hope that turns out well. The Satellaview needs more fan translation love.

By the way, you might want to try whatever's done in this video here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I think next time you may want me to proof-read your articles before publishing. Mr. Satellaview-fact-checker can help with information!

Now this one, I've already played to death (Or so I thought - just learned I could do Shoryukens and need to figure out how to do them on command, lol).
    Oops, a mistake I'll fix. Yeah, I was pretty sure it was Satellaview, but the HG101 article wrote Banta Satellite and I went with that one without further double checking.

I first played Kaizou in the late '90s, got it on cart in 2010 and in my last playthrough this past week first discovered the Shoryuken. I'm not sure how to produce it on command though. I think it's a Dragon Punch command, but I can't pull it off perfectly. The game had a ton of potential. Too bad you couldn't grab and hold bad guys as well, so that it would have played even more like a beat 'em up. Still, as is, I recommend it whole-heartedly to anyone who's a fan of the style.

Brand new URL!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Oops, a mistake I'll fix. Yeah, I was pretty sure it was Satellaview, but the HG101 article wrote Banta Satellite and I went with that one without further double checking.
    A bit of an issue with HG101 lately is how their older articles tend to take a while to get updated to account for new factoids and tidbits. BS-X Shooting has been ROM dumped and released for over a year and their Dezaemon article still doesn't do a complete coverage of it. IIRC, their Shubibinman article goes way back to the early 2ks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I finally got a four player game going with BS Out of Bounds Golf (or, BS Golf Daisuki! O.B. Club, to give it its more "proper" name) this past holiday season. Just wanted to report that yes, the game does work with four human players and yes, it's as fun as I imagined it would be.

I played with my bro, my 24 year old cousin David (who loves games) and his 20 year old sister, who is a casual gamer. David's played it before and this was his sister's first time. She fell in love with it right away, and wasn't complaining about playing some "ancient 30 year old SNES game" as she sometimes tends to view them. It was cutthroat, and knocking them out of bounds was a hoot and a half. I knocked her ball out of bounds and she went from exuberant to downright depressed, lol. That was mean of me, I'll admit, heh. We also played the 4 player "tag team" mode... which works wonders as well especially when you have two experts and two novices. Pairing expert-novice vs. expert-novice makes it so much more fair as opposed to every man for himself with varying skill levels.

Awesome game. By chance, anyone here ever got a 3 or 4 player game going yet? It's a different kind of multi-player fun since you wait for your turn and get to scout the competition in-between. It's much more methodical than say, a crazy Bomberman match... but I like the fact that it's a little bit more calculating and deliberate... it's definitely not non-stop action, but it's brutally competitive nevertheless. I don't think I'll ever grow tired of this game. Would have loved to seen a "Mario-ized" version of this game on SNES...

Brand new URL!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post

Shubibinman Zero is similar to O.B. Club in terms of what would need to be done for Powerpaks or repro carts.

I can also say with some certainty that the 8M Pack for the game is documented as valuable - It's sold on Yahoo Japan Auctions for over 30,000 yen all by itself, which is not as much as the Squaresoft games but a very daunting price regardless. The high price is most likely due to it's limited boot-ups rendering a game that can still "play" to be a rarity. Of course, the fact that it's a pretty solid game gameplay-wise helps, too.
    And poor Callis, when he got the cart it was locked, so he couldn't do anything with it but redump the game (Thankfully the redump's at least useful as verification.)

There's multiple parties of people interested in fan translating the game. I'd like to hope that turns out well. The Satellaview needs more fan translation love.

By the way, you might want to try whatever's done in this video here.
    I realize I'm way late to the party, like 3 years late... but we have ways of executing arbitrary code in set places, via a game genie. The game genie could be used to write a really, really simple program, and make sure it writes this code to the first line of code on the SNES cart (I don't remember the first address an SNES uses). It would move the appropriate byte (0x00 for unlimited resets) to 0xFD5, the location the header checks to see if there are any resets left.

MOV 0x00 0xFD5
    JMP -1

http://superfamicom.org/blog/2010/03...re-sorry-dude/

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/nesc...ode-maker.html (For NES)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKobold View Post
    I realize I'm way late to the party, like 3 years late... but we have ways of executing arbitrary code in set places, via a game genie. The game genie could be used to write a really, really simple program, and make sure it writes this code to the first line of code on the SNES cart (I don't remember the first address an SNES uses). It would move the appropriate byte (0x00 for unlimited resets) to 0xFD5, the location the header checks to see if there are any resets left.

MOV 0x00 0xFD5
    JMP -1

http://superfamicom.org/blog/2010/03...re-sorry-dude/

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/nesc...ode-maker.html (For NES)
    I commented on this already in the blog post, but I'll repeat here that I never managed to get a Game Genie working with a BS-X cart.

To be more specific, in particular, multiple attempts I made to load my actual BS-X carts into a SFC through unothodox methods (through the port of a ROM copier, through a SFC Neo Myth) would lead to a "Error 08" when trying to get to the Memory Pack menu - if I even managed to get that far. Basically, there'd be no way any of this info would be of any use if I can not even access the memory pack content.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Now I want to give this game a shot.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'm assuming the BS-X cart uses the expansion pins, and isn't that pretty much the reason using a Game Genie won't work?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yup, unless you mod it