Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Default January 2012 Finds!

Happy New Year to all!

I know it may be early for some, but since it's 12pm here in PR (AST time zone), it's officially Jan 1. So let the January finds begin!

Nothing wow to start of the new year, but I did get a few items in the mail:

-Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition (PS3)
    -Catherine Limited Edition (PS3)
    -Epic Mickey Collector's Edition (Wii)
    -uDraw tablet (PS3)
    -Back to the Future (PS3)
    -Knights in the Knightmare (PSP)
    -Over the Hedge: Hammy Goes Nuts! (DS)
    -Dungeon Seige III (PS3)

Nothing classic, but I'm still happy with the purchases. And now that I will have time off from work, I can catch up on some good gaming goodness.

Goody.

Hope to get a few computer parts to create an HTPC, mainly an Athlon II X3 455, GA-M68MT-S2, and 8GB DDR3 RAM. Since this will be a simple "browsing" computer, I don't need a fancy video card...was opting for a GIGABYTE GV-R645SL-1GI Radeon HD 6450 1GB.

I'm hoping to connect this to my 32" LCD to watch some 1080p HD movies I've downloaded!
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Technically it's only 10:00pm here, but I might as well post in the new thread. I stopped off at the Shreveport GameXchange store on the way through town, and picked up Cosmic Commuter, Cosmic Corridor, Sir Lancelot, and Gangster Alley (which turns out I already have) loose for the Atari 2600, $1.95 each. And Crime Wave for the Saturn for $3.95. And since they had a "buy *blank* used games and get one free" sale, one of the Atari games was gratis.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For you N64 collector's you know this isn't an easy one to come by.

I was happy with what I gave for it. I traded 4 PS2 games that i bought at a pawn shop for $1.99 each for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I've never heard of that game. What is the usual asking price? Was it a low production run? One of the last titles?
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

low print run. Last complete one went for $88 on ebay beginning of december and it was in bad shape. I had sold a decent CIB one for $100 before.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

SNES Jr, Kirby Superstars, Mario All-Stars, and Taz-Mania with the cables and a controller for 40 bucks. Not the best deal on the planet but I'm perfectly happy with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Technically a few of these were from yesterday:

Sonic $6

I'm not sure if this picture does Sonic justice. He's atleast three feet tall(probably closer to four) and the size of a small child, if small children had blue skin and heads the size of elephants. I put him in my passenger seat(seatbelt and all) to take him home and he fit in it like a real person would. I knew when I saw him at Goodwill that I really didn't have room for him but for $6 it was hard to turn him down. He's like one of those freakishly large stuff dolls you win as a prize at a carnival, fair or amusement park.

Duke Nukem Forever strategy guide 1 cent
    Crysis 2 strategy guide x2 two cents
    Assassin's Creed Lineage dvd $5
    Donkey Kong cart racing toy 50 cents
    Vampire Hunter D Vol. 4 Manga 50 cents
    Xbox Japanese Tokyo Game Show 2002 dvd $20
    Spartacus: Blood And Sand season 1 dvd $10
    The Gunstringer(360) $14.99

The Vampire Hunter D manga and Donkey Kong toy were from Goodwill. I don't even really like Donkey Kong but it's more toys for my shelves. I snagged the AC dvd from Gamestop. I already have the individual shorts downloaded to my 360 so now I'll be able to clear up that space and the dvd includes a few extras.

The Japanese Xbox dvd will be added to my growing amount of Xbox import games and dvds that I can't play. Actually I can play the dvds because I have a dvd region converter for my PS2 and can also get one for my Xbox. Sparticus and Gunstringer were both from Target. Gunstringer comes with a copy of Fruit Ninja but I already won that game in a contest from Gamepro so I don't need it. And while the price was good, it looks like the copies of this game that included the first dlc were only the launch copies. Thats disappointing but I can't really complain since I still got a good deal on it.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance strategy guide $3
    Wireless Mic(360) $9.97
    Pokemon Diamond(Ds) $5
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time(N64) $5
    Hal Wrestling(GB) $2.50
    Double Dragon(GB) $2.50

All the games were from a flea market. I'm keeping the two Gameboy games and the rest are for sale. I've been waiting to find a copy of Hal Wrestling without using ebay and finally I found one. The strategy guide was from an import store and even though it wasn't a penny like 90% of my strategy guide finds it's worth enough that I could put $3 towards it. And now that I finally have a wireless mic I can finally play Def Jam Rapstar. I kept using the wired mic as an excuse to not play it. Now I get to break it down and lay some phat tracks......whatever that means.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 01-01-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Semi Noob Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geezuzkane
    PSN
    Geezuzkhrist119
    Steam
    Geezuzkane

Quote Originally Posted by camarotuner View Post

SNES Jr, Kirby Superstars, Mario All-Stars, and Taz-Mania with the cables and a controller for 40 bucks. Not the best deal on the planet but I'm perfectly happy with it.
    I want a SNES JR. I'm jealous.
    Twitter - GEEZUZKANE
    Nintendo: NESx3, SNES, N64x2, NGCx2, WIIx2, GB, GBP, GBCx2, GBASPx2, NDSLx2,
    Sega: SMS, GENx3, SATx2, DCx3
    Sony: PS1, PS1 moddedx2, PS1 Jap, PS1 Slim, PS2x2, PS2 Slim, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, PS3 Slim
    Others: XBOXx2, XBOX w/ hard mod, XBOX w/xbmc and 80gb HDD, X360, X360 Slim MW3 Edition, TG16, INTV, COLV, 2600 JR-broken, Wonderswanx2

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Snagged the The 3rd Birthday and Lord of Arcana on PSP for $9 and $10 respectively.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nobody's freaking out about ufo superbowling being SEALED? I've never seen one sealed before. Should bring in a lot of money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Technically a few of these were from yesterday:

Sonic $6

I'm not sure if this picture does Sonic justice. He's atleast three feet tall(probably closer to four) and the size of a small child, if small children had blue skin and heads the size of elephants. I put him in my passenger seat(seatbelt and all) to take him home and he fit in it like a real person would. I knew when I saw him at Goodwill that I really didn't have room for him but for $6 it was hard to turn him down. He's like one of those freakishly large stuff dolls you win as a prize at a carnival, fair or amusement park.
    One of those has been sitting at my dining room table for the past four years. Before that I used to have to move him around when I was in a smaller place. Best $1 I ever spent at a flea market.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new here so I thought I would really get things started by posting this here. I picked this all up from someone in a local ad today. Paid $165 for it all. Both consoles are in beautiful shape and include all original hookups and power cables. The SNES came with three controllers, the NES came with two and a gray zapper. I thin I did pretty well.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That's not a bad price to play if you're starting into being a nes/snes collector, especially if you're going for full sets. If you're thinking re-sell I'm not seeing anything (unless I'm missing something) that'd really make it worthwhile with that lot at that price. So it depends on your goal.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm collecting. I'm leaning towards NES and Famicom, but I also want to collect SNES and Genesis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

Quote Originally Posted by camarotuner View Post
    That's not a bad price to play if you're starting into being a nes/snes collector, especially if you're going for full sets. If you're thinking re-sell I'm not seeing anything (unless I'm missing something) that'd really make it worthwhile with that lot at that price. So it depends on your goal.
    I think you're being a little too harsh. You could easily make 3 NES system lots w/ games out of that, @ $100 each, that is if you had the extra systems.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went out today w/ a buddy of mine and it looked like it might turn into a bust. We tried to go to the Tacoma swapmeet but it was closed. We hit up a ton of Goodwills without finding too much stuff. He picked up some electronics thing (no idea what it does, we thought it was a small printer at first, then a laminator, and I forget what it turned out to be) that goes for around $150. He also found a few odds and ends for himself, as well as a Chuck E Cheese framed poster for $7 for a buddy of ours.

The big finds tho: I got a boxed Pink Justifier gun with a blue gun thrown in for $19 (sold the last one I had on Amazon for $100, still have the CIB Lethal Enforcers w/ blue gun tho). I also picked up a big box study guide (?) or home tutor thing (?) called Mathematics Laboratory 2a for $7 that seems to be going for a few hundred (there's some completed listings on Ebay for the English one at $100+, the only ones on Amazon are all over $300). We'll see what that sells for. My buddy picked up a tool cabinet thing (red, on wheels, locks). Not sure what he paid but they're worth $150+ apparently.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ownerizer View Post
    I think you're being a little too harsh. You could easily make 3 NES system lots w/ games out of that, @ $100 each, that is if you had the extra systems.
    I actually do have extra systems. Those two consoles you see there are spares. I have at least two of all the consoles in my collection right now and more controllers than anyone could ever possibly need.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by famicomman View Post
    I actually do have extra systems. Those two consoles you see there are spares. I have at least two of all the consoles in my collection right now and more controllers than anyone could ever possibly need.
    Let me know if you have/get any extra NES or SNES games and want to trade for Famicom games.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    Nobody's freaking out about ufo superbowling being SEALED? I've never seen one sealed before. Should bring in a lot of money.
    I'd never even heard of the game before. So... :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I'd never even heard of the game before. So... :P
    I'm with kitsune on this I don't know jack about N64 collecting so I have no knowledge of the game. After looking it up online I'm pretty damned surprised at the value of a bowling game of all things.