Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubisoft: "We'll only make games we can turn into franchises"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    This is full of all sorts of hypocrisy. It basically reads

Sorry, but there's very little difference between Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 3. I've never played more than five minutes of Metal Gear Solid 4 at a friends so I won't act like I have, but the third game is pretty much the first game with more diverse areas, camo, and stuff to fix broken bones, cuts, burns, etc. Metal Gear Solid is a lot like Metal Gear but in 3D.

I'm not a fan of God of War or Call of Duty, but except for Mario, I'm also not blind that the ones you listed are the same rehashes again and again. The difference between Mario and the others is that the most recent ones aren't good games. I'd rather have good repetitive new releases rather than an innovative overrated pos games like Super Mario 3D Land.
    This.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Sorry, but there's very little difference between Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 3. I've never played more than five minutes of Metal Gear Solid 4 at a friends so I won't act like I have, but the third game is pretty much the first game with more diverse areas, camo, and stuff to fix broken bones, cuts, burns, etc. Metal Gear Solid is a lot like Metal Gear but in 3D.

I'm not a fan of God of War or Call of Duty, but except for Mario, I'm also not blind that the ones you listed are the same rehashes again and again. The difference between Mario and the others is that the most recent ones aren't good games. I'd rather have good repetitive new releases rather than an innovative overrated pos games like Super Mario 3D Land.
    Metal gear solid 1 is nothing like metal gear solid 3, not in setting, not in characters, not in story not in gameplay or graphics and just barely similar in theme

Metal gear solid 2 on the other hand is very very similar to mgs1 and this was by design for the purposes of plot
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So the guy you called out for trying to pass his opinion as fact then passed your own dam opinion as fact. Hypocrite much?
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    So the guy you called out for trying to pass his opinion as fact then passed your own dam opinion as fact. Hypocrite much?
    Clearly you didn't comprehend the post, but that's understandable, because as soon as you saw my post talk shit about Mario you couldn't help but reply.

And yeah. Super Mario 3D Land is an overrated piece of shit. Nintendo can't make a decent Mario game if their lives depended on it. That's a fact, not opinion. Got a problem with that Press Start? /s.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    Metal gear solid 1 is nothing like metal gear solid 3, not in setting, not in characters, not in story not in gameplay or graphics and just barely similar in theme

Metal gear solid 2 on the other hand is very very similar to mgs1 and this was by design for the purposes of plot
    The story, settings, and graphics are going to be different, they still play exactly the same. The major difference between MGS1 and MGS3 is the camera, but only Subsistence. MGS3 has the same birds eye camera on the original release, while Subsistence has your behind the back third person camera view. What's different about the actual gameplay though. Other than camouflage and the cuts/broken bones/burns, etc system, there's nothing that's different.

God of War has different storyline, setting, and graphics than God of War 3, but like Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 3. They play the same, there's just some slight differences in God of War. I'm just pointing out that Metal Gear is just as repetitive as God of War because there are a few minor differences. It doesn't really change any of the base gameplay.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 07-21-2013 at 09:05 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And yeah. Super Mario 3D Land is an overrated piece of shit.
    Super Mario 3D Land is probably the best 3D Mario game of all time. Its the perfect combination of the previous 3D Mario's gameplay mixed with the classic 2D Mario's. Persistent power-ups (rather then the timed ones from 64 and the Galaxies) and no hit points (rather you lose power-ups, and shrink to small Mario) being the big reasons why 3D Land is such a satisfying experience and feels more like a classic Mario platformer. Creative level design, and excellent use of the 3DS technology also help.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Clearly you didn't comprehend the post, but that's understandable, because as soon as you saw my post talk shit about Mario you couldn't help but reply.

And yeah. Super Mario 3D Land is an overrated piece of shit. Nintendo can't make a decent Mario game if their lives depended on it. That's a fact, not opinion. Got a problem with that Press Start? /s.
    Nah. You're just pissed he didn't say this:

Quote Originally Posted by duffmanth View Post
    I have nothing against a game being turned into a long running series, as long as it stays fresh and innovative like God of War, Call of Duty, etc. When it becomes stagnant and repetitive as fuck like Mario, Zelda among others, is when it hurts the industry.
    But everyone would love to hear all the innovations in God of War and Call of Duty over the years from a Sony fanboy like you. We're all ears, kupo.
    Last edited by Press_Start; 07-21-2013 at 07:02 PM.
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    Because the majority of people who buy games are an unimaginative lot.
    To be honest, I sometimes wonder:

Is it that people want these games, or is it that they don't have any alternative?

We folks of the internet often forget that the vast majority of people don't know anything about eBay, Amazon, or other such internet markets and will likely never hear of something unless its on a shelf at Wal-Mart (and Wal-Mart will pretty much never stock anything not by a AAA developer). Before people can want something, they have to know it exists.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

But everyone would love to hear all the innovations in God of War and Call of Duty over the years from a Sony fanboy like you. We're all ears, kupo.
    Sorry, but everyone here knows I bash on both of those series.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 07-22-2013 at 02:10 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    Super Mario 3D Land is probably the best 3D Mario game of all time. Its the perfect combination of the previous 3D Mario's gameplay mixed with the classic 2D Mario's. Persistent power-ups (rather then the timed ones from 64 and the Galaxies) and no hit points (rather you lose power-ups, and shrink to small Mario) being the big reasons why 3D Land is such a satisfying experience and feels more like a classic Mario platformer. Creative level design, and excellent use of the 3DS technology also help.
    I haven't played 3D Land, but judging by that single statement, this is the point. People don't want new and innovative. People want comfort and familiarity and that's why big publishers are very hesitant to make new IPs all the time. I'm with kupo; I'd much rather have a long running series of rehashes than a giant pool of garbage with a few treasures. The NES was like this. It had tons of unique games but only a minority of those 800+ titles were any good.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zthun View Post
    I haven't played 3D Land, but judging by that single statement, this is the point. People don't want new and innovative. People want comfort and familiarity and that's why big publishers are very hesitant to make new IPs all the time. I'm with kupo; I'd much rather have a long running series of rehashes than a giant pool of garbage with a few treasures. The NES was like this. It had tons of unique games but only a minority of those 800+ titles were any good.
    By that logic the only thing we should be playing is Caveman Pong. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

By that logic the only thing we should be playing is Caveman Pong. :P
    You need to ease people into change, not dump it on them all at once. Look at the XBone fiasco. Honestly, that is the direction that the entire industry will go eventually, but you can't dump that on everyone all at once. It creates a lack of security and people simply don't like that. If innovation was a safe way to bring in profit, then publishers would be focused on creating new IPs left and right, but they continue to rehash the same thing over and over. That's because that shit sells and that's what publishers are there for: to make a profit. As everyone here knows, gaming is not a charity; it's big business and good business follows the money trail. Why do you think MS did the 180? The pre-orders sucked, that's why. I don't blame Ubisoft for making a decision like this at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    To be honest, I sometimes wonder:

Is it that people want these games, or is it that they don't have any alternative?

We folks of the internet often forget that the vast majority of people don't know anything about eBay, Amazon, or other such internet markets and will likely never hear of something unless its on a shelf at Wal-Mart (and Wal-Mart will pretty much never stock anything not by a AAA developer). Before people can want something, they have to know it exists.
    Somewhere out there, there is a fine, fine line between "more of a good thing (a personal opinion)", "not knowing any better" and "mindless repurchasing" when it comes to games that are franchised to death. I'm buggered if I can tell what falls in to what category these days.