Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SingeyDasBomb
    PSN
    Singe

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Sweet Ibuki is in this, one of my frends is gonna freak when he hears this.

Is there any word of Akuma being in this game as well?

PS. Going on the record, SF 3rd strike is my second favorite fighting game(my first being Marvel Vs Capcom ofcourse), the whole double motion+ punch or kick for a special, actually fucking works in that game(the contols are flawless), where every other game using that method to do supers, work whenever the hell they please(including the new damn SF 4 game. You would think if they got it right in 3rd Strike, they would carry over the coded controls for that aspect, but neh you're better off with just sticking to mini specials in SF 4, that's how much of a crap shoot the real specials are. It also doesn't help that the PS3 controllers suck balls either, but that belongs to another topic).
    Uhhh

1.Akuma was in the original game.

2.And there are people who completely blow stick users out of the water with a controller. The PS3 controller is definitely better than the 360's so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Hakan is a joke. I'm more than just a little irritated that he was made.
    PSN: Singe125
    Live: SingeyDasBomb

AKA Sheng Long

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Super Street Fighter IV

I am waiting for
    Super Street Fighter IV Turbo Hyper 20th Anniversary Edition EX Plus Alpha

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Meh. Hakan looks retarded. Imagine all the other characters we could've had...and we get Hakan instead.

needs food badly. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Schlimtor
    PSN
    Schlimtor

So is Hakan a new character or is he from some other Capcom game? I've never heard of him before.

Leave it to the Japanese to make something as stupidly weird as a fighter who lubes himself up and rubs other fighters all over his body. Not really a fan.
    "Red Warrior needs food badly."

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by .Singe View Post
    Uhhh

1.Akuma was in the original game.

2.And there are people who completely blow stick users out of the water with a controller. The PS3 controller is definitely better than the 360's so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Hakan is a joke. I'm more than just a little irritated that he was made.
    I never said I liked the 360 contoller either, playing FPS with that controller is awkward at best(atleast the 360 controller is an original idea, and not stolen though), but that doesn't change the fact, the PS3 controller sucks.

There was no reason to alter the design of the PS2 controller for PS3, Sony scewed up, plain and simple, lets not defend them. Don't fix what Isn't broken.

Is Akuma in the regular SF4(still in the middle of unlocking everyone, since I only play that over my friend's house, I haven't had enough time to unlock every char yet). However, I don't see your point, nor does it answer my question, is he in Super Street Fighter 4?
    Last edited by Zoltor; 03-10-2010 at 12:11 AM.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Red Warrior View Post
    So is Hakan a new character or is he from some other Capcom game? I've never heard of him before.

Leave it to the Japanese to make something as stupidly weird as a fighter who lubes himself up and rubs other fighters all over his body. Not really a fan.
    He's new.

I never said I liked the 360 contoller either, playing FPS with that controller is awkward at best(atleast the 360 controller is an original idea, and not stolen though), but that doesn't change the fact, the PS3 controller sucks.

There was no reason to alter the design of the PS2 controller for PS3, Sony scewed up, plain and simple, lets not defend them. Don't fix what Isn't broken.

Is Akuma in the regular SF4(still in the middle of unlocking everyone, since I only play that over my friend's house, I haven't had enough time to unlock every char yet). However, I don't see your point, nor does it answer my question, is he in Super Street Fighter 4?
    Yes, he is. They aren't taking anyone out for SSFIV.

Five bucks says he has the Shun Di system. The more oil you have on ye, the more damage you do.

I cannot imagine all the 'no homo' assertions this character will be responsible for at Evo this year.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    He's new.

Yes, he is. They aren't taking anyone out for SSFIV.

Five bucks says he has the Shun Di system. The more oil you have on ye, the more damage you do.

I cannot imagine all the 'no homo' assertions this character will be responsible for at Evo this year.
    Ok cool thanks.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First rule of SSFIV... Do not turn your back to Hakan...
    Second rule... Anyone that selects Hakan, has to play with their hands and controller soaked in baby oil.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Hakan looks awesome. Just watching the trailer makes me crack up and want to play as the guy. It's a really sad day when people are complaining about an awesome, new, goofball character because he's not yet another old hat in a game full of them.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    Hakan looks awesome. Just watching the trailer makes me crack up and want to play as the guy. It's a really sad day when people are complaining about an awesome, new, goofball character because he's not yet another old hat in a game full of them.
    Totally agreed. Viable joke characters are the absolute best kind. If the gods are kind, he'll be as fun to play as El Fuerte, only he;ll be... You know, good.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

rofl, Hakan hopefully we'll be top tier. I can only pray.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    I know you're not working on MWC this year. I'm hoping Keits can put together a good event at any rate :P

While I will agree that ST probably has some of the best balancing in a Capcom game - had the same discussion with my friend "AVX" earlier today about how capcom games have 59045 characters and 3 good ones - it's still pretty wonky. You said it yourself with Honda dominating half the cast and getting his fat ass beat by fireballers. If I'm playing Fei Long, I am screwed against Honda. And of course, there is a reason why Akuma ended up banned in the first place...

Personally I like HD Remix's balancing vs. ST, but it's not like there's a massive gap there.
    While akuma is very versatile, he is far from unbeatable.

Lol@ the remark about E Honda crushing anyone up close(he can be good for sure, but he's pretty damn slow as well, Ken, and Ryu can easily crush him, with out ever shooting a single Fire Ball, and I sware E Honda would never beable to beat a good close range char like Guile).

Question: If you ban Akuma, what do you do about char like Ibuki or Sakura, they are pretty damn close to Akuma in versatility/power(Akuma is probally "slightly" better, but close enough, that if you ban Akuma, you should ban those two char as well)?
    Last edited by Zoltor; 03-10-2010 at 08:09 AM.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Oh god.

He looks like a perverted Mike Haggar D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What would be really sick, if Hakan is greased up then throws attempted on him would fail. I think I saw in that first vid, Geif tried to noodle him and it was like grabbing a water weenie.
    Last edited by Icarus Moonsight; 03-10-2010 at 09:39 AM.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While akuma is very versatile, he is far from unbeatable.

Lol@ the remark about E Honda crushing anyone up close(he can be good for sure, but he's pretty damn slow as well, Ken, and Ryu can easily crush him, with out ever shooting a single Fire Ball, and I sware E Honda would never beable to beat a good close range char like Guile).

Question: If you ban Akuma, what do you do about char like Ibuki or Sakura, they are pretty damn close to Akuma in versatility/power(Akuma is probally "slightly" better, but close enough, that if you ban Akuma, you should ban those two char as well)?
    Zoltor: Read what ubsersarus wrote again carefully. He's referring to Super Turbo (ST) not Street Fighter IV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    roflaid

<- worst street fighter player to date.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hakan looks amazing. You haters are crazy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post
    What would be really sick, if Hakan is greased up then throws attempted on him would fail. I think I saw in that first vid, Geif tried to noodle him and it was like grabbing a water weenie.
    Icarus, if your idea isn't true, it should be. The possibilities... I'm not the kind of person who gives a shit about a fighting game characters 'back story' (if you can even call it that) anyway: the important thing is how they play. If Hakan makes idiots uncomfortable about their sexuality while I'm squeezing them like a tube of toothpaste, so much the better. Mind games!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Ecko84

Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    GBoobie: All everyone has done about SF4 is complain about it needing to be rebalanced and "their" characters needing more stuff done to them. I've been playing SF competitively since 1991 and this is definitely the most balanced of the SF games sans ST. People don't know how good they have it when it's already decent sans making Guile and Vega's Ultras useful. When you add more characters to the mix and a new system, something is bound to happen to to characters probably becoming unusable. Look at CVS2 and MVC2. Those games have a plethora of characters but only 8 or so are used in tournament play.

I'm not saying the game is going to be bad by any means, I am merely referring to the balance being changed not to what everyone thinks they are going to like.
    I can't say that SF4 is the most balanced game thus far. I could say that Third Strike (SF3:3S) is possibly in a level higher than SF4 due to the many factors of the game, including footies, mindgames, character balance (yes, any character can beat any character- you just have to play smart and learn the matchups inside and out just like almost every 2D fighting game out there...)

The reason why I literaly stopped playing SF4 was to play a game that you can learn so much more than just chain pokes to moves all day, which with most characters in SF4 that's what in most cases start a good portion of the entire chracter list to a decent combo string for at least 25-30% damage with a certain amount of buffering included.

Example: you can start Gief's combos w/o doing a fierce splash, and just drop w/ a crossover knee short, then do a couple of crouched jabs, stand for a jab, short, then EX Vanishing Flat for about a good 30-32% energy. Aside from that, I wasn't that serious with the game to begin with, but I still play it to learn the matches. This is why I
    chose Gief among every other character: he FEELS like his combos are almost the same in Alpha 3 in a way without the custom combo inputs.

Alex is easily the dullest Street Fighter III character. He's blandly designed, devoid of personality, and not all that fun to play when compared to the rest of the cast.

Besides, he's in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.
    I doubt it. A good leveled Alex can face almost anyone in the entire char list in terms of 3S and even in TvC, but there will always be ways people can avoid his mind game/bomb/block stun setups that'll make it harder for him to come close.
    In this case, in 3s, Chun, Makoto, and even Ibuki give Alex the most hardest matchups thus far. In TvC, he can face up to a good portion of the entire char list as well as give
    the big titan chars a run when you can just stun gun headbutt on them for a free combo or reset. Not bad for a guy that can hold his own without a fireball, eh?

In terms of style and depth, he's a well balanced character with good stun ability
    a chance for people to have him as a staple while learning other characters. And besides, I've played Alex since the first installment back in '97, while learning how to play the older games with mid tier characters.

Until then I look forward how Mecha Z and other people (Cody, Adon, T.Hawk, aka the Alpha 3 Mob) will fare up. All I know is with Gief/Akuma matches, Gief dominated it 8-2 thanks to his Siberian Blizzard Anti Air special, and that's a plus..About time they made him more feared to those that love to fly the undfriendly skies...
    Year of the RED CYCLONE!
    Street Fighter 4 = Zangief's Piledriving you to another level of Canvas! Bolshoi Tavieda!
    Sponsored by Team W.A.I [Flushing,NY]

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Now, generally who gives a shit about the street fighter story right, but something really bothered me in SF IV.

Dan(you know, one of the crappiest char ever made)is suppose to be Sakura's Sensei, is this some kind of joke or were the devs high when they wrote that?

Dan Sakura's master, what an insult, not to mention it makes no sense what so ever(they have completely different styles, lol if you can even call what Dan does, a Style).

To DreamTR: Oh ok.
    Last edited by Zoltor; 03-11-2010 at 02:53 AM.