Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Man Legacy Collection (PlayStation 4, XBOX One, Windows, 3DS)

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Smile Mega Man Legacy Collection (PlayStation 4, XBOX One, Windows, 3DS)

Capcom of America is heading up this NES Mega Man re-release initiative. The compilation will be ported by and enhanced by Digital Eclipse which has done great work in the past. It will be for PlayStation 4, XBOX One, Windows, & 3DS - there are "no plans" for Vita and Wii U releases. It will be digital-only and cost $15, which is a lot better than paying $30 by buying each game individually on the Virtual Console for $5 apiece.

The press release reads:

Quote Originally Posted by Capcom of America
    Mega Man Legacy Collection is a celebration of the 8-bit history of Capcom’s iconic Blue Bomber. Featuring faithful reproductions of the series’ origins with the original six Mega Man games, the Legacy Collection will remind long-time fans and introduce newcomers to what made Mega Man such a popular and iconic character. Mega Man Legacy Collection will feature all six games and more for an MSRP of €14.99 / £11.99 this Summer as a digital download on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, and this Winter on Nintendo 3DS.

In addition to the six Mega Man games, Mega Man Legacy Collection features new ways to experience the classic games with the Museum Mode and new Challenge Mode. Challenge Mode remixes gameplay segments from all six games, with plenty of scaling difficulty objectives for experienced players to conquer yet serving as a good starting point for new players, too. Museum Mode contains a comprehensive collection of history, high-res art and original concept pieces – a mega treat for any fan of Mega Man and video game history.
    A lot more details can be read at the source links below.

Source 1: http://www.rockman-corner.com/2015/0...announced.html
    Source 2: http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston...-new-platforms

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This is a mad dash by Capcom to have a Mega Man product out to compete with Mighty No. 9. These aren't that interesting, it's only the first 6 games, and I just don't care. Why would I buy them again for just challenge modes and random artwork that goes poof when the service or my machine dies?

Even at $15, I'm going to personally pass. A great value for someone just getting into retrogaming, I'm sure.
    Last edited by sfchakan; 06-09-2015 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really like the idea of Challenge mode, if that means random Robot Master configurations. If that means new weakness orders... that would be AMAZING.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If it was Mega Man 1-10, on disc, and on the Wii U, I'd be much more interested.

But nice to see that Digital Eclipse is back. Hopefully they pursue opportunities aggressively like the original did, and get some publishers onboard with classic gaming rereleases. Far too little of that happening these days.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 06-09-2015 at 11:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

At $15 the value is there but given how much they have tossed mega/rockman under the bus for years now and how awful they were to his creator this is a clear ploy to attack Mighty 09 and nothing more than a knife and an attention whoring cash grab and a halfassed one at that. Im not saying it isnt tempting, but I think theyre full of crap not having every single 80s 90s mega man by number release represented and with some cool unlockables maybe those power battles arcade games of the MM only bosses. I do not see this being much of a 3ds seller due to most fans probably already having bought them via the virtual console. Had it been a real release at a budget price of $20 or hell if need be even $30 sure, but digital, hell no.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yawn. I know why they are doing it (Mighty No 9) but that could have been their baby if they were not so stupid.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    If it was Mega Man 1-10, on disc, and on the Wii U, I'd be much more interested.

But nice to see that Digital Eclipse is back. Hopefully they pursue opportunities aggressively like the original did, and get some publishers onboard with classic gaming rereleases. Far too little of that happening these days.
    any physical release on any system really

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    any physical release on any system really
    Of course

But while I'm explaining the perfect situation, I may as well pick the system with the best d-pad while I'm at it.

Any preferences here for the XB1 d-pad over the PS4 d-pad? My time with both has been limited, and I'm not sure I've had a need to actually use either during gameplay. But while the d-pad looks much better on the XB1 than past MS controllers (Where it was useless), how does it actually perform?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

I'm mostly hopeful about them modernizing the codebase. Room for all kinds of options impractical under emulation.
    Lum fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would have cared more if it were a physical release. The only way I'd pick this up now is if it were part of an XBL sale that lowered the price to around $5 or so.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Really, no Wii U version? I understand that it isn't a simple port, but this seems like something that would be very much appreciated as a physical and digital Wii U game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kwyjibo View Post
    Really, no Wii U version? I understand that it isn't a simple port, but this seems like something that would be very much appreciated as a physical and digital Wii U game.
    Virtual Console, $30 instead of $15, etc.

Then again, it's not stopping this from appearing on the 3DS (Although it may explain where Mega Man 6 is).
    Last edited by Leo_A; 06-10-2015 at 09:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Don't fall for the hype, this is little more than a simple port with some bells and whistles. These are not brilliant re-imaginings of the games.

This is a company of something like 3 guys doing a digital download port of old games.

Do NOT get your hopes up!

This is all PR horseshit.
    Last edited by sfchakan; 06-10-2015 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll pass I have the anniversary collection and most of the NES games.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

This sounds in every way worse than the Anniversary Collection, which had MMs one thru EIGHT plus the two arcade games.

Now if this was every MM original line game, including Megaman and Bass and Rockboard and such, plus maybe the X games... but no, that would be too cool for Capcom.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

I dunno... Assuming I am right, we're talking about digging up 20+ year NES source code, with its documentation if any likely being in Japanese.
    Lum fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I rather doubt that anything is being ported.

I bet these are all recreations, such as Sonic CD HD for an example. The contributions from the NES originals will be as serving as templates for Digital Eclipse to follow, extracting sprite data, etc. I doubt one line of NES assembly code will be ported over and made to work within their proprietary game engine.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 06-11-2015 at 01:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

That might be alright too. Sonic CD HD set a fairly high bar for what it is.
    Lum fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't need it. I already have both the original and X collections previously released.
    Social Justice Warrior and proud of it!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'm sure if they put some effort into it and released them on disc, they'd be able to get $60 a piece. People would be throwing money at them for a decent collection.

Mega Man Legacy Collection Vol. 1. Mega Man 1-10, Mega Man 1-5 GameBoy, Mega Man Power Battles 1 and 2, Rock Man Dash.

Mega Man Legacy Collection Vol. 2. Mega Man X 1-8, Mega Man Zero 1-4, and Mega Man Xtreme 1 and 2.

Mega Man Legacy Collection Vol. 3. Mega Man Legends 1, 2, and Tronne Bonne, Mega Man Soccer, and the Mega Man Battle Network series.

Above there are some games missing, yeah, but what's listed are the integral games from the Mega Man universe and Capcom would be able to get $60 a piece easy from millions of gamers. It'd then be the perfect chance to bring back Mega Man in any form, as regardless which version they brought back, Classic, X, Volnutt, etc, he'd have a large fan base of new and old fans interesting in purchasing the license.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.