Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Slow Wii U sales?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    I came extremely close to purchasing a Wii U the other day. I was looking at Wii U's on Craigslist, and I was wondering just how cheaply I could I get one of these things, now that the Xmas hype has died down and the honeymoon period is overwith. This one guy was willing to sell me his Wii U,plus Nintendoland for $220. Screaming deal right ? I mean, that's like going into a thrift store and seeing a Wii U with Nintendoland priced at $199 plus tax.

I was very tempted to get it, but at the last minute, I caught myself, and changed my mind.

Certainly, $220 for that package, was not a bad deal AT ALL. There is no question about that. It's a great deal. Why did I change my mind ? Well, mainly, the only game that I'm really interested in playing is the new Mario game. So, while he was going to thro in Nintendoland, I really wanted the Mario game. The cheapest I can get the Mario game is $35 (from another Craigslist guy), but then that takes the grand total up to $255, which I'm basically spending to play one game. I just came to the conclusion that paying $255 just to play one game is kinda dumb of me, so I decided that I'm going to hold off for now, and wait for the inevitable price drop, and for some more games to come out.

Part of me was thinking that the price for a Wii U on Craigslist isn't going to get much lower than this anytime soon, because Nintendo is likely to announce a new Mario Kart or new Zelda or something, and then there will be more excitement around the Wii U, and getting one for $220 with Nintendoland will be damn near impossible. So, one side of me still thinks it might be a good idea to buy one now, while people think it's a "dud" before all the new announcements come out for various games. But then the other side of me is saying... "Wait a minute... You know this is Nintendo, and you know that Nintendo takes FOREVER, to finally get all their games out, and I could be waiting until Fall 2013 before anything of any real significance is released, and by that time, I might be more interested in a PS4 or Xbox Infinity or whatever..."

But hey, if anybody out there is interested in getting a Wii U on the cheap, there are deals to be made, because some of these people on Craigslist are willing to sell their Wii U's for pennies on the dollar. (okay, maybe not pennies, but you know what I mean.. )
    Now is a really good time to get Wii U deals on craigs list and some people have already been finding Wii U games as Target returns in Goodwill. I think that if I found an actual Wii U system in Goodwill that was a Target return I would most likely pick it up. As long as it was in good shape....and Goodwill didn't price it as if they were listing it on ebay.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

People (me included) laughed at the wii U specs, but the leak from amd lawsuit about the ps4 and nextbox shows that they have very similar specs making all three systems about the same in gpu/cpu... Can the wii U really outclass the ps3 and 360?? and will the next gen really be a huge step forward?? cant wait for e3 2013!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I highly doubt that the Xbox 720 and Playstation 4 have similar specifications to the Wii U that largely has the horsepower of the generation that started back in 2005.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It worked for the Wii.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'm with Leo A. I doubt the PS4/720 will be Wii-like in as a next gen console compared to the PS360. The reason for this is how much better looking games are getting on the current gen consoles and developers can't keep a stable framerate. Assassin's Creed 3 with its framerate between 25-30fps, Far Cry 3 with 20fps and screen tearing all over the place, Darksiders 2 with screen tearing all over the place, etc. It's probably just the developers, sure, but if most developers can't make a game that looks as good as Uncharted 3 or Halo 4 and the framerate is still subpar, then it's time for next gen.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

Alz I know is that im having a blast with the wii-u. Graphics are great, zombi-u is splendid, black ops II multiplayer while im in bed under the covers but over the rainbow? Sounds good. Nintendoland is fun, batman is cool, tekken is stella. I think thats all i have. Just waiting for nintendo to come out with a wireless extender for the pad that they already created and just waiting to sell separate so I can play batman in the bathtub.
    gamertag: pony0ne
    Wii friend: 6437 2281 7665 7241
    http://youtube.com/patrolskies - Patrol The Skies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyone View Post
    Alz I know is that im having a blast with the wii-u. Graphics are great, zombi-u is splendid, black ops II multiplayer while im in bed under the covers but over the rainbow? Sounds good. Nintendoland is fun, batman is cool, tekken is stella. I think thats all i have. Just waiting for nintendo to come out with a wireless extender for the pad that they already created and just waiting to sell separate so I can play batman in the bathtub.
    The idea of playing my games portably around the house does appeal to me. This is one thing that does really attract me to the Wii U. The problem is, I have to buy the damn games for $59.99. Nintendo published games rarely go on sale, and most of the 3rd party games are ports anyways.

Still, the idea of being all snugged up in bed playing NSMB U does sound appealing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Batman in the bathtub? WTF?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Monolith Soft Xenoblade style game, 3D Super Mario Bros U, Mario Kart U, SMT x Fire Emblem, Yarn Yoshi, and Windwaker HD remake announced. Other games just reconfirmed, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, and Super Smash Bros U.

Xenoblade 2 interests me as does Super Smash Bros U. Everything else not so much. This whole announcement sounds like desperation to me, though. Four Mario titles and another highi profile developer payoff title?
    Last edited by kupomogli; 01-23-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Monolith Soft Xenoblade style game, 3D Super Mario Bros U, Mario Kart U, SMT x Fire Emblem, Yarn Yoshi, and Windwaker HD remake announced. Other games just reconfirmed, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, and Super Smash Bros U.

Xenoblade 2 interests me as does Super Smash Bros U. Everything else not so much. This whole announcement sounds like desperation to me, though. Four Mario titles and another highi profile developer payoff title?
    Actually, the whole announcement sounds like classic Nintendo to me and every game you listed above is a must buy IMHO. I don't know if it's enough to massively increase sales of the WiiU, but it certainly makes me very happy as a WiiU owner.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

It's "desperation" if Nintendo does it, because as everyone knows, Nintendo is like Sega in 2001 and is circling the drain.

I've wanted a WW HD remake for years, it's by far my favorite Zelda game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

While I was hoping for a Zelda HD Trilogy with upgraded ports of Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword, I can see why this is a standalone product. It's going far beyond what we've become accustomed to with HD upgrades in recent years.

I just hope those other two Zelda releases, the two Galaxy games, and Metroid Prime Trilogy see similar updates in the coming years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think all these announcements were just what the doctor ordered for Nintendo. They needed to change the momentem for their system. At least we know that they have their No.1 team working on a new 3D Mario. (same team that made Galaxy and 3D Land). The reveal for this game will be absolutely critical for Nintendo going forward. This upcoming e3 show, will be a bloodbath like none other. They have to have a Mario game that is truly a leap forward. I remember seeing Super Mario 64 at e3 in 1996, and that was a total game changer. I don' expect this new Mario to be that amazing, but it's going to have to resonate more than Sunshine or Galaxy did. As good as the Galaxy games were, they didn't really hit with the general public as much as Super Mario 64 did.

A new Mario Kart of course is an absolute must have for any Nintendo system. The Zelda remake looks cool. I really like the look of the Yoshi game as well.

The big question of course.... when are any of these games actually coming out ? Are any of these games coming prior to October 2013 ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Xenoblade 2 looks like one monster and one area. So it's probably just in pre alpha stage. They probably wanted to show people what it looked like in action to maybe get them into buying the system earlier by knowing it's going to come out.

I'm getting a Wii U. I've already said that plenty of times, but not until the console has the games on it first. If Xenoblade 2 or Super Smash Bros U comes out in 2014 then I'll probably get it then, but not going to get it now and then wait a year or so to actually play these games.

Super Mario 3D Land was average at best. It was the best game on the 3DS during its first year. Not including ports, remakes, or Resident Evil Revelations. I have "Revelaitons," but only played the demo so won't really make an opinion on the full game. But Super Mario 3D Land being the best game on the 3DS for the first year is like saying Pong is the best game on a Pong handheld. I guarantee if it wasn't a Mario game it wouldn't have got close to the ratings it received.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In the last 2 weeks, I've picked up Epic Mickey 2 and Just Dance 4 as Target salvages at Goodwills for $14.99 each.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

With the Earthbound announcement in Japan, Nintendo should announced Earthbound 4 for Japan and US. They'll sell a lot of Wii U's with another Earthbound and Xenoblade 2.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Itoi's already said he has no plans for a MOTHER 4. He barely made MOTHER 3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the system looks like a failure. I'm still happy playing Skyward Sword and Wii Slapshot, and I have barely played Bond or Super Mario Bros

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

not going to get it now and then wait a year or so to actually play these games.

I tend to agree with this sentiment. Why buy the thing now ? Sure Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 aren't too far away, but I still think there's no rush. I actually have the ability to get one of these puppies off Craigslist for as cheap as 200 straight up. 200 straight up is pretty freaking low price, but I just kinda think I might be squandering money, if I buy it before it really has any "significant" games. They actually rent Wii U games at this Blockbuster that I sometimes go to. I could just get a one month pass and try a ton of games. I'm tempted, but I'm going to wait till Pikmin 3 or 101 are available before making a move.

Super Mario 3D Land was average at best. It was the best game on the 3DS during its first year. Not including ports, remakes, or Resident Evil Revelations. I have "Revelaitons," but only played the demo so won't really make an opinion on the full game. But Super Mario 3D Land being the best game on the 3DS for the first year is like saying Pong is the best game on a Pong handheld. I guarantee if it wasn't a Mario game it wouldn't have got close to the ratings it received.
    Wow...

I'm not sure what I can say... All I know is that I'm really enjoying Super Mario Land right now. Do you have a 3DS XL ? I think maybe the 3DS XL makes 3D Land even better. Something about that big screen on the XL. I think it has that old Nintendo magic that I don't see too often.
    Last edited by WCP; 01-24-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Do you have a 3DS XL ?
    I would have got one for $159 when Best Buy and Target were doing sales on them, but I really don't like how it's dual color and no Cosmo Black. Hopefully they release Cosmo Black XL in the US. I'll wait awhile longer and if another good sale comes along and still no Cosmo Black I'll just get it then.