Insert Coin (Level 0) Michiganfan2's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Another eBay Bum - bowagedin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180269797018

Buyer: bowagedin

The buyer paid for this item through Pay Pal at 11:59PM on 8/29/08. 8/30 was the Saturday before the Labor Day weekend. The Post Office was closed on Sunday 8/31 and Labor Day, 9/1. I shipped his item via Priority Mail on 9/2. Here is the tracking number:

9101 7850 9140 1710 0750 33

Now...I live in Michigan and he lives in California. The package was delivered today, 9/5/08. So everything should be good right? Wrong. I check my feedback tonight and I see this Neutral Feedback from the buyer:

"EXTREMELY slow shiping, but all got here in ~ok~ condition."

So I email him and ask him what I should have done different as I am unsure how this could have arrived any faster since there was a weekend and a holiday involved. His response was "That's Life". I ask him, "What's life?" and Seriously, what should I have done different? And of course he won't respond to that.

Seriously, eBay really needs to change their feedback policy. We as sellers, have absolutely no protection at all.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Removing buyer feedback was a bad decision on their part. Still, the feedback system in general makes the site feel too tense. I've heard just as many bogus/scamming/rude buyer stories as I have sellers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michiganfan2 View Post
    Yeah that sucks, but at least it was only a neutral, which no longer harms your overall feedback %. I've received negs in similar situations. Some buyers are impossibly impatient and there's nothing you can do about it.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ebay userid: nintendozone
    R underwood
    6 ilex road
    st ives, Cambridgeshire
    pe27 3al
    United Kingdom

Paid for item to be sent by NORMAL airmail, without insurance (which was proposed to him) and as usuel,made Paypal chargebacks. Of course i don't have any tracking number to propose,since he did not pay for it.
    He did a choice to be cheap,if the package gets lost, he has to ASSUME.
    Otherwise any $2 game should be sent with $25 shipping quote.

Now, he's surely playing my game,and get his money back as well.

Edit: You can add this guy:Craig Lee (united kingdom), been fu**ed as well with 32X Pal games.
    I sent the stuff,he got it,made a paypal claim,and got his money back,since he didn't pay for online tracked insured airmail, so i can't protect myself.
    Last edited by Adol; 10-16-2008 at 10:10 AM.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I have a winner her efor you all. Item # 220258557467. Bidder is dtisback2000. As most of you know I listed a bunch of items around a month or so ago ( sold most of em thanks guys!), to help get my car fixed. Well anyways had a few that didn't so I listed em on eBay. Most of my sales went without a hitch. Save this one.

First just to get him to pay I had to file a non paying bidder alert, then he sends me a money order 4 days later. So basically two weeks till the time he sends payment. So at this time my car dies essential, before it was coasting could get two second gear if its lucky. O I am spending every waking moment trying to get things taken care of to get it fixed etc. Finally find a rebuilt tranny and my nephew and his friend get it installed get it in running order, took about two weeks total to get everything done. During this time I had no transportation anywhere he took me to work and back. About a week after getting payment I e-mailed him explaining the situation, asked him give me a few more days and I will have it out. He then contacts e-bay and files a neg on me (mind you I have all saved e-mails both ways). Then he gets my contact info from eBay and calls me about 4 times over a two day period then threatens to call the police.

I get his package mailed finally. Two weeks after payment.E-mail him with a scan of the dc and receipt from post office. So then what does this winner do, he complains about how it was shipped parcel and not priority. I went back to see how much he was charged for shipping. I underestimated charges and only charged him 5 bucks for shipping ( which was stupid on my part don't know if I made a error when I listed I didn't catch or what). It cost me 12.50 just to ship it parcel with dc, would've been almost 20 dollars to ship it priority. Obviously at this point I could give a rats ass as he already negged me. Then he sends me this e-mail-

"hello liar, have not received items yet. however, you charged me for priority shipping but sent them parcel post. i have contacted eBay about this and you will be getting an email. i hope they take appropriate action and not let you sell anything else. i will be watching to see if you list any more items, you never no there may be a fake bidder on your items so you can see how it feels."

I contact eBay send them everything they ask for wait three days and they respond about a beta game auction I had closed. Great customer service. Now I get to do this all over again.

Now yes its not his problem that I had rl issues. But if someone would've contacted you explained the situation (over a small dollar item mind you). You would have a little bit of patience especially after taking forever to make payment to begin with. I am not asking for the neg to be removed. I can live with it over time ( even if it wasn't warranted). But the fact he threatened to ruin my account, and basically harassed me at home, no that dog wont hunt.
    You did what? With who? For how many cookies?
    Always looking for promotional materials and classic gaming commercials in print and video form
    my feedback-http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48618

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

sfoaknyc

i despise this guy.

This guy advertises dw IV complete, excellent condition.. was expensive (130 Us + 15 shipping which cost me about 180 Aus $) but since it *looked* near mint/complete i got it. Before i bought it i asked specifically if the map/posters had any rips/tears in them he says no. When i got the game the posters ripped so bad they were nearly falling apart, with some young kids scribble all over them. I told him i wanted a refund his like yeah sure. I sent the items back, i forgot to include the cart so i sent that seperately (even more money). Later i asked when i get my refund and his like,

"No, I have not received anything back, nor was I expecting to. Even though it has been over a month since the auction ended and plenty past the 14-day return policy, I'll see what I can do after the items have arrived. Please e-mail me back about more of the details of reason of return and shipment method you used because as of right now I'm completely clueless. Thank you."

Im thinking bull sh*t and f%&* you!!! He said he'd give me a refund. I dont care about 14-day return policy because i didnt get what i paid for which was very, very expensive. I only get a meager 160 aus $ per fortnight for arduous study, so you can imagine how hard i got hit here. His excuse for the screw up was that he put my map/poster into someone elses auction which is probably a lie, he just wants to make as much cash on the as crap items.

So yeah i messaged him and reminded him why i returned it, and his like Oh yeah sorry, i forgot blah blah. I will refund it when i receive the items... I know his received them and im not getting bugger all back *weep*.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default sfoaknyc

Quote Originally Posted by SeverThe7th View Post
    sfoaknyc

i despise this guy.

This guy advertises dw IV complete, excellent condition.. was expensive (130 Us + 15 shipping which cost me about 180 Aus $) but since it *looked* near mint/complete i got it. Before i bought it i asked specifically if the map/posters had any rips/tears in them he says no. When i got the game the posters ripped so bad they were nearly falling apart, with some young kids scribble all over them. I told him i wanted a refund his like yeah sure. I sent the items back, i forgot to include the cart so i sent that seperately (even more money). Later i asked when i get my refund and his like,

"No, I have not received anything back, nor was I expecting to. Even though it has been over a month since the auction ended and plenty past the 14-day return policy, I'll see what I can do after the items have arrived. Please e-mail me back about more of the details of reason of return and shipment method you used because as of right now I'm completely clueless. Thank you."

Im thinking bull sh*t and f%&* you!!! He said he'd give me a refund. I dont care about 14-day return policy because i didnt get what i paid for which was very, very expensive. I only get a meager 160 aus $ per fortnight for arduous study, so you can imagine how hard i got hit here. His excuse for the screw up was that he put my map/poster into someone elses auction which is probably a lie, he just wants to make as much cash on the as crap items.

So yeah i messaged him and reminded him why i returned it, and his like Oh yeah sorry, i forgot blah blah. I will refund it when i receive the items... I know his received them and im not getting bugger all back *weep*.
    I bought FF Mystic Quest guide from the same guy, he said it's in near mint condition. It looks like shit, it has writing all over inside. It's all wrinkled, It's not even the same one as in the picture, near mint my ass stay away from this guy!!!!! here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=310087138646
    Last edited by RPG_Fanatic; 11-01-2008 at 09:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

billsportscardz is my candidate.

Although his ass has beein served with the NARU'd banhammer, he does have other accounts to look out for. I am trying to find these accounts.

The guy sold, or should I say 'listed' many sealed SMS games. First time I ordered he told me he was moving AND that his brother's mother had cancer, so all the games he had were still packed away in another state (from his supposed other "store"). He told me either he will refund me or I could wait two weeks. I told him I will wait.

More than two weeks passed and I contacted him. Now he tells me that he was unable to get the game because HIS MOTHER had cancer (no mention about his friend) and that he was unable to go. So it was his friend's mother who had cancer, now it's HIS mother? Please. He refunded all my money but did send one of the games.

Having gotten my cash and the game, and out of being too nice, I decided to give him another shot. I won 4 SMS games, sealed, and really dead cheap prices. I contacted him several times, to no avail. I decided to contact two other buyers who purchased from him at the same time (one of them is a DP regular) and both told me they have not have any dealings with him. One person told me that the seller told him that his account was hijaked because he lost his Paypal Debit Card. WTF? He never told me or the other buyer. Yet ANOTHER excuse.

None of us sent cash...and now he has been NARU'd.

I am warning about this guy, who's real name is Bill Dixon, because he is such a faker. I will try and obtain his other accounts so I can post them here.

Horrible seller with horrible communication.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I've updated the list of blacklisters. eBay prefers each name be separated by a comma and I have set the list up for that purpose. Just copy and past onto your list and, boom, instant blockage.

A handful of the names on this list are no longer on eBay.

stychokiller, abjeannie, alant2b, alexkidd2000, bradtxmale26, brazooka, bufis111, caroline4074, cats1230_1, cawrse57, cherche1pseudo, coachdanp, davideluca2005, davidrfoley, divine1979, dunx1976, fresnobeedude, geo103, gonesellin, iamin401, jakevinton, jesperbhansen, jjustworkin, justindapimp, kallin_99, kevinc2135, lazypaste, lisa4300, maxxelectronics!, mikehunt48465468465, moonj, my90miata, natalya_00990, ndfan1981, psykoez, rolltide10_3, rsaunders33, saiyaninred, smplfrk, srdashiki, starwarsbilbolord, strubedo22, tardadr, wanitamandy, rypolly, jonomac, sasso205, bbu9715965, treasurehunter2002usa, VGE007, nfarj, carnell2775, Auctiosecrets2003, PiazzaPower, greatdealz2004, toylawyer, tgja725,
    air2air!, islandgamer2003, jaredvgh, sell4fun21, umabody, ECW94, Add61, wazupfoo, pgs, snoopy_rulez, usa_wendy, mariconcorde, megabuys.com, brinn1, NARUed, russellkoehler, Thetanone, eonlineauctionstore, Mega Buys, master-of-hyrule, lizard-x, tayspiderx, kitkit.com, talesoffate, tciac, Nascartycoon, straitoutofjapan, benjmatteson, secretmain, jillygames, bargainland liquidation, trialgame, feedbackreciprocated, destined2watch, swizztle, hanna_enterprises, al0wn, mastergame7, hahanv, classicgamesdepot, castlevania4ever, bullseyes_videogames_collectibles, charlievirgo, ZIRIA34, TheShadowCaster, stvart2k, kt-figure/toyplayer*com, escobar2099, xboxman813, Snakecharmer1212, clarkfamily6, usamusement, ps2_xbox_gc, browneyegrl, constant23, moviemarz, midnite_uk, raregamergirl, themoviemaverick, niko_niko_pun_!, sam1978, claytonentertainment, msaqib1980, importparadise2004, timothymd136, sethpackard, atwoodtm, yourmyfluffyone, damien_rules, Bubboboo, fredouille_l, wingnutt1992, 4jollyjay1, luistrevor, HotGameStuff, Nubytech, servicegames812, southjerseygames, Peachykeenchica, Patrick-Dante, 82ndAirborne1944, gasban, zidane92, Proper75, sweetsstuff4u, simply.sweet.bargains, fanatic1, gameliquidations, slmarc, nfarland, gamecrazygirlz, dollarheaven11, jthomp22, bestpricehq, axe-express, deviant_angel2007, kingmeanguns, christophernaze, Bunbunz23, airforceshields, cust_01, stychokiller, bestdeal_sofida, cbsmanx, bowagedin, nintendozone, dtisback2000, sfoaknyc, billsportscardz

And here is the list in alphabetical order minus invalid names:

abjeannie, air2air!, al0wn, alexkidd2000, atwoodtm, axe-express, bargainland, benjmatteson, bestdeal_sofida, bestpricehq, billsportscardz, bowagedin, bradtxmale26, brazooka, brinn1, browneyegrl, bufis111, carnell2775, caroline4074, castlevania4ever, cats1230_1, cawrse57, cbsmanx, charlievirgo, cherche1pseudo, christophernaze, clarkfamily6, classicgamesdepot, coachdanp, constant23, damien_rules, davideluca2005, deviant_angel2007, divine1979, dollarheaven11, dtisback2000, dunx1976, eonlineauctionstore, escobar2099, fanatic1, feedbackreciprocated, fredouille_l, fresnobeedude, gamecrazygirlz, gameliquidations, gasban, geo103, gonesellin, greatdealz2004, hahanv, hanna_enterprises, iamin401, islandgamer2003, jakevinton, jesperbhansen, jillygames, jjustworkin, jonomac, jthomp22, justindapimp, kallin_99, kevinc2135, kingmeanguns, kitkit.com, liquidation, lisa4300, lizard-x, luistrevor, mariconcorde, mastergame7, maxxelectronics!, megabuys.com, midnite_uk, mikehunt48465468465, moonj, moviemarz, my90miata, natalya_00990, ndfan1981, nfarj, nfarland, niko_niko_pun_!, nintendozone, pgs, ps2_xbox_gc, psykoez, rolltide10_3, rypolly, saiyaninred, sam1978, sasso205, secretmain, sell4fun21, slmarc, smplfrk, snoopy_rulez, southjerseygames, srdashiki, strubedo22, stvart2k, stychokiller, sweetsstuff4u, swizztle, talesoffate, tardadr, tayspiderx, tgja725, themoviemaverick, timothymd136, toylawyer, treasurehunter2002usa, trialgame, umabody, usa_wendy, usamusement, wanitamandy, wazupfoo, wingnutt1992, xboxman813, yourmyfluffyone, zidane92

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

canitrustyouwithmyheart83106

This person threatened me with a negative if I didn't accept a return (which was because of a mistake, I sold her a fairly damaged item and didn't mention it on the auction). I didn't have any choice but to accept a return, so I waited for the item to get here. I sent a message saying that I couldn't send a refund right away because I didn't have enough funds... and it turned out she gave me a neutral two weeks ago and never mentioned it.

Goddamnit I wish I could neg her.

Block her ass. Don't deal with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don'e buy from glasseskitty, was sent a fake copy of pokemon platinum and currently fighting to get my money back.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Don't sell to fro154.

The guy bought a three NES game set from me, and claimed one of the games did not work. I tested all games before shipping them out. He then asked me to pay for a replacement game, which I don't want to do. He wanted me to pay twice what the game's worth! I said I'd refund a third of the sale price (fair for a three game set), and he wants me to pay more than that.

Just avoid this scumbag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there a chance of making a thread dedicated to good, trustworthy, private sellers?

I'm gonna be using ebay a lot in the next few months, I wanna know who's good to use!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Nakamura View Post
    Is there a chance of making a thread dedicated to good, trustworthy, private sellers?

I'm gonna be using ebay a lot in the next few months, I wanna know who's good to use!
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Nakamura View Post

Such a list would be absurdly sprawling and ridiculous. An overwhelming majority of sellers are just fine. Even if something goes wrong, ebay/Paypal is heavily favored to the buyer, so you'll be covered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    Don'e buy from glasseskitty, was sent a fake copy of pokemon platinum and currently fighting to get my money back.
    Can you post a photo of the fake game so I can see what to look out for? How did you know it was a fake?
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Such a list would be absurdly sprawling and ridiculous. An overwhelming majority of sellers are just fine. Even if something goes wrong, ebay/Paypal is heavily favored to the buyer, so you'll be covered.
    As he said, you'll be fine for the most part. Buyers have more protection than sellers do in some cases. Just look at the seller's feedback and decide if it seems trustworthy. Also if an item seems too good to be true, it probably is. Unless of course there are a good amount of pictures.

I'm sure most of the people here have had more good experiences than bad experiences. I've purchased video games from ebay on and off throughout the decade and only had one bad experience (seller is no longer one ebay so he isn't going on the list).
    I have a sig?

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
    I bought FF Mystic Quest guide from the same guy, he said it's in near mint condition. It looks like shit, it has writing all over inside. It's all wrinkled, It's not even the same one as in the picture, near mint my ass stay away from this guy!!!!! here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=310087138646
    This is what Paypal's "Significantly Not As Described" claim is for. You get your money back and (usually) they just tell you to keep the item.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    This is what Paypal's "Significantly Not As Described" claim is for. You get your money back and (usually) they just tell you to keep the item.
    The post you quoted is seven months old, so I'm sure it's been resolved by now. Also, you absolutely DO NOT get to keep the item when you file a Not-As-Described dispute. You have to mail it back, with proof of delivery, before the funds are released to you. If you make a deal with the seller, that's one thing, but the above is the official Paypal policy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everyone avoid sflaoaknyc I dont recommend buying or selling or associating with this individual. If you type his username on google and the word scam you will find several results on varioius websites pertaining to him. Its becoming word of mouth that this guy is some kind of professional scam artist on various different message boards. I just recently dealt with him , I sold him a loose earthbound cartridge on Ebay for $69 dollars however this guy tried to do a chargeback scam on me. He tried to claim that I didn't send him the game I almost had to pay him back cause I had no proof it was delivered.

This guy almost got away with the chargeback scam cause the fact that he makes all of his auctions private listings , so I couldn't see if he tried to pull a fast one on me by selling my game and stealing money from me through chargeback. Luckily I didn't give up and simply typed his username on google along with keywords like earthbound , and then bingo I found an auction where he was selling my cartridge. I sold him that earthbound cartridge , it had specific label damage done to it , and the cart he was selling on ebay had the same exact damage done to it. It was clear to paypal that he was scamming me and therefore I won my case against him.

Heres a few links that show this sellers character.

http://shmups.system11.org/forum/vie...ae78da427bb3da

http://sealedgame.heavenforum.com/ge...ions-t1329.htm

http://www.tuulisti.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1211132921

Ps: And I mean it don't let him buy your products or let him sell anything to you , he will find a way to scam you.
    Last edited by Richter Belmount; 06-10-2009 at 10:23 PM.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)