Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: February 2011 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The finding forrester soundtrack is awesome just because the cover makes it look like it is a music album that Sean Connery put out

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I didn't really find much of anything today except this:

Miles Davis & Various Artists: Finding Forrester Original Soundtrack
    Madacy 21 Winners: The Best of Chubby Checker
    Christopher Lee Reads Tales of Mystery and Imagination (two cassette tapes)

You're probably wondering why I picked up that tape set. One, because Christopher Lee is fucking awesome. Two, because I remembered this post by Ryaan1234 from back in November where he lamented the fact that he didn't pick up a copy at his Goodwill lot sale.

I'm considering selling it since I don't have a tape player... there's two copies of this for $29 in Amazon. I might just list this for $25 and see if it flies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    l got lucky today at a flea market and pulled out two Factory Sealed NES games. Any idea what Vindicators is worth? There aren't any bins on eBay for me to compare it to.
    I sold a sealed copy here a couple years ago for something like $20 or $25 if I'm remembering correctly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    JCinc421

Scored this Craigslit deal today: Atari 7800 system with 2 controllers plus many other assorted controller, joysticks, and adapters. Also came with 47 games most of which include their respective manuals. Cost me $50.

here's the whole lot

and here is a close up of the games:

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

LAZY TO GET UP ...Late to get out Flea Market Day...

.I get up get all ready,the kids ready and my dad takes an hour to get here..

I am SO GLAD I went today...

First off
    I needed to ship some packages on the way.
    I went over to my local branch and a lady came out the post office and said"turn around,everyones going over to the next towns post office,the computers are down in this one..The town over's post offce is Fast and much nicer from my first time there today..I'm glad I went there today but I had planned to walk the mile to my branch with the kids if I didn't go to the flea market..,that would iof sucked..
    Distance,With traffic by the time we got to the flea market it was later then I wanted to get there so I just browsed..
    Going up and down the isles I came accross some of the most trashed games systems,games etc.N64,SNES,N64,PS,PS2,Xbox..Stuff spread all over the place being stepped on a big mess..sad
    The guy wanted $25.00 for the brownest,faded scratched,cracked,no plug,no rf,no av nd the controllers looked like they were dragged from a car...each game was from 5 to $8.00
    PS2 slim,just the unit..$30.00
    $35.00 for a stereo that looked like it was just pulled out the trash.
    PASSED!!!!!it all..
    Vendor up the isle had a lot of game stuff but..expensive and I've dealt with him before... too many times things don't work ..
    $35.00 for a Decorated with Crayon (cracked corners) SNES system..no RF or AV..
    Games were from 5 to $10-15 depending on title..
    I picked up a NES for $25.00 as the tops clean..(orig plug,RF,Controller.
    SNES Donkey Kong Country Game $5.00
    As I walked away he put another NES on the table like stocking a shelf in the store.....lol..
    Wireless 360 controllers on varios tables(banged up,no battery holder. $10 to 15 each..PASSED
    Misc sports games here and there at various prices.
    I was ready to leave,nothing special..But my dad was looking for certain things for his girlfriend so I started to just focus on those things,
    I come around to the first isle vendor again..and I see this bin right at the front of the isle..(as shown)

..I did a double take,I hit the brakes so hard in my feet that I almost fell on my ass..Is that Panzer Dragon Saga.
    ..No!!,No way.In all my years of flea hunting I have never seen this game in the wild..
    .I grab it as someones looking over me(I HATE THAT)..it's complete,even has some white things inside to hold the cd down.
    ..I look more into the bin,Saturn Radiant Silvergun..I shit myself.....I grab the two games and see more in the bin,The guy over me was waiting for me to let anything I had in hand loose...

Seems the rest of the crowd of people were digging into the computer parts,ipod,xbox 360 used accessory deals......no one was paying attention to games..

I grab the whole bin and fetch the vendor.."how much for the games" TWO FOR FIVE...How much for the whole Bin.$20.00..BAM!!
    .Paid the man for the bin and took off.

..The Vendor says I have more....."really..I hit the brakes again...There were games all over the place in boxes just under other stuff.

..Remember I hunt to buy and sell-it pays my bills-so nothing in the boxes was worth to buy and sell.

.Then he says I have 'a lot' Boxes in the truck..

As I look up into the truck another vendor whom I know(only sells his games on ebay though) is looking though the boxes(OH NO-I'm done).

.In the truck was the contents of someones entire video game collection..It's so sad to see that...(NY Storage bin buy out Vendor )..Everything was meticulously packed,the boxes were all marked neatly to what was in them,

Saturns,Nintendos,SNES,Dreamcasts..etc.,.
    Controllers in Boxes light guns tons of stuff.Dreamcast Memory cards new in box.
    I had my eye on the BIG Box of Mint Sega Saturn Games the vendor whom I know is looking though,he's pulling games out and noting to as how nice they were,Shining Force etc.

..I'm waiting to see if he's going to buy or not as he's acting uninterested,talking in another language,shifting around...
    As I'm looking at the titles he's pulling out and stacking up he says to the vendor in the Truck.

."I found a Panzer Dragon Saga last week and sold it on ebay for $200.00..
    .(..eeeesshhh-talk about an uneasy moment..)

The vendor in the truck started opening box after box,to show me what was in them,lines and lines of NES games in sleeves.Genesis Boxed games,Sega CD,

.He opens up another box it had all the GOOD NES games.
    .My eyes are popping out,I don't come accross stuff like this all at one time..
    .NES Final Fantasy Complete,Zeldas,RPGs etc.I'm all over this stuff like a hawk..

.I ask how much but he's changed his tone now,huh..
    He won't sell anything now,He starts separating all the good stuff as he's taking out more and more taped up boxes of games.
    It seems the other vendor whom I know said something to him when I was off to the side.
    ..I'd say most of the NES games were Not commons in these boxes as everything seemed to be meticulously packed,seperated.
    .Something a serious collector would do..

..the commom NES games were in a seperate box and NES game cases(the long black cases)and he would not sell them either,,it became show and tell...I enjoyed it..

He gets to a box Full of all Japanese Saturn Games,Dragon Ball Z was the first game I noticed..
    .He starts flinging them into another box ..Ouch...they were mint..
    He's making a bigger box of good NES,Gen,SNES,Games piled on top of sealed in package figures,gaming toys,statues,McFarlane Action Figures type stuff..
    Whoever gaming collection it was they collected these too...
    I ask,what are you doing..

.He says,I'm keeping all this stuff to sell somewhere else....
    Really...
    Where.
    He says,
    I don't sell here(sounded mad).I sell in another state... that was it..
    .He made a pile and got out the truck..

There were many more boxes in the truck that he didn't open,who knows..Maybe I missed an extremely RARE NES game..I'd rather not know.
    The vendor who I know bought the boxes of Saturn Games for $50.00..
    He got all the good stuff...Around 60-80 Games..
    I never saw a person with such a big smile on his face....
    I did some more browsing.
    Picked up a Dirty NES for $20.00..controllers,av misc plug..
    I bought this because the guy said I could have the $30 Ps2 slim for $10 then..
    PS2 Slim(the 30 dollar one) $10.00..I have the plug already..
    A Gamecube Screen $10.00
    Bin of Games $20.00(Panzer
    NES System for $25.00,cont,plug rf.
    SNES Donkey Kong Country Game $5.00
    A Gamecube Screen $10.00
    This is what was in the Bin..

HERZOG.TURTLES n ECCO had no games in them..
    NES sales have been DEAD for me..I'm just running out of them now..

Dad bought...
    AIWA Stereo AM FM,Dual Tape 3 CD,RW (seperate speakers thing) $30.00..for girlfriend
    Huge Movie Posted Picture"The Computers" $5.00
    around 100 Records,vintage stuff,JAZZ,full sets..Excellent condition $20.00...(what a pain to get to van)
    Harmonicas in the box $5.00
    Something Oriental in box $3.00
    Bag of Zip ties FREE(for me-pocketbikes)
    Big Roll of heavy Duty Speaker wire..$3.00
    New Suede Jacket $20.00(orig price sticker said $495.00
    DRIVEN cologne Free-gave to dad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Well the $10.00 Gamecube Screen Works...still has a protective layer over the screen..

I've always wanted one of these but they are usually $35 untested.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Jesus Effing Christ.

I hate you so much. I want that PD Saga. Congrats, man. I hope you're keeping it. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ziggy3008

$6.98 each for the zelda titles
    $2.50 each for earthworm jim and maximum carnage
    $1 each for the nes controller and GTA (mint)
    $5 for suikoden (mint)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Jesus Effing Christ.

I hate you so much. I want that PD Saga. Congrats, man. I hope you're keeping it. :P
    Thank you..

I have to say I have had good luck this week,but it always comes with bad luck..
    My Sons old 360 just burnt out so my kids are now sharing the newer one..(not easy with two kids whom both want to play.

PD Saga
    Thinking about it,I have ran into one of these many years ago at a flea market but it was just one CD in case..the rear insert..and no book($100.00)....Hmm...That was missing a whole lot,I sure am glad I didn't have a lot of cash that day...

.I didn't realize that the white sleeves in the case were actually the other three Discs ..

I went to look up what the game is selling for on ebay and saw 4 discs in the auction.I flew out of the room to check and mine has all 4 discs..Whew,..

Looking at other auctions of rare Saturn Games ..one of the games the other guy got was Dragon Force Shining Force III 3 !!...OUCH

I can't say right now,I'd like to play it...but bills come in and with racing,it may make it's way to ebay eventually...

Games like this I actually hate selling as I have to be so detailed to every nitch....I have the sealed NES Punishers,the last one I sold on ebay was such a fiasco.Big description and a bunch of picture,noted on flaws..any little crease or tiny mark and buyers go haywire....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

I had some pretty damn good finds over the past week; nothing quite in the league of finding Panzer Dragoon Saga, but still pretty impressive in it's own right.

- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition (PC. New): $20
    - Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (DS. New): $35
    - Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP. Case and instructions only): Free
    - Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition (PS3. New): $10
    - Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return (PSX. Complete in near mint condition): $12

Tomba 2 was a random find; while looking through the original PlayStation games at Game-X-Change, I happen to find a copy of it mixed in with more common fare like the Crash Bandicoot trilogy. Since it wasn't too expensive, and I remember enjoying the demo, I picked it up...and when I got home and saw how much it usually runs for online, my jaw dropped over how good of a deal I got. This isn't quite in the same league as getting The Misadventures of Tron Bonne for $15 many years back, or EarthBound for $35 last summer, but it's pretty close.

...As for how I got Dragon Age so cheap, this calls for Story Time:

While out this morning, after finding nothing at garage sales (Although the weather is warming up, there still hasn't been many sales at all), I randomly dropped in at a local pawn shop; one that I don't usually go to, seeing as they rarely have any good games, or if by the off chance there is something worthwhile, it falls into a category I like to call "Gamestop rejects" (Beat-to-hell garbage that even Gamestop won't touch and is too far gone for the disc buffer at Game-X-Change to revive it). However, when looking over their PS3 games, I saw a copy of the Ultimate Edition of Dragon Age, and proceeded to check the disc for scratches (Hoping that it was in decent shape, since I've been wanting to try it); finding it a little rough, but in a lot better shape than the copy of Eternal Sonata right next to it (Something that pissed me off; I've also been wanting to try that game, and I can't find a copy locally).

As I look through the case, I find a Gamestop receipt sticking out of the instructions, which I look at out of curiosity...and find that this copy was bought less than 2 months ago and still had an active 1-year replacement plan. That was what sealed the deal for me; as I went up to the register and was ready to pay $15 for it (The normal price for PS3 games at this store)...and, without asking, the lady at the register gave me a $5 discount because of how beat-up the game was. Shortly after, I went by Gamestop, which was practically within walking distance, and swapped it out for a new copy with no problems; effectively getting the game for $10 new.
    Last edited by PentiumMMX; 02-26-2011 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Noticed an error

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Congratulations Daryll! It's always nice when those of us that brute force yard sales and flea markets come up with something really incredible.

I miss those days of mine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

PDS and Radiant Silvergun ALL AT ONCE, in the SAME DAY, with some other games for $20?
    That is just too good. Good going!
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    This is what was in the Bin..

Nice. That $20 bin is the find of the year so far.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow, Nice Find daryll

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ziggy3008

yeah daryll your story had me on the edge of my seat lol. I know those feelings, clutching a rare game and wondering what the vendor will ask for it. Great find!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BigPapaHusker
    PSN
    BigPapaHusker

That is an amazing find. Too bad I only find crap at the flea market/swap meets I go to.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

2 Things at the flea market this morning. There weren't many people and I suppose it was because of the rain last night and the expected rain this afternoon. One booth with a bunch of electronics has had this Dreamcast forever, so I asked finally and it was $5. It has 2 controllers but no power or A/V. Also, I got an Intel Express 3D graphics card, with a whopping 2mb memory and an amazing 2x AGP! Wow it's the latest thing available! It's factory sealed in the box and I thought it would be worth something to someone who collects old computer stuff, that was $2.

And goddamit Videogamerdaryll, I thought my estate sale find would be find of the year! (Though I'm still completely happy with find CTCW and Then RR2 the day after )
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by DKTheArcadeRat View Post
    Flea market still in NJ? or elsewhere?

It was New Milford.....NJ..

I spent more in gas to get there then the hunting was worth,,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    Weekend is greater than out of town flea market. Wat?

I hate to burst your bubble but The Punisher isn't that valuable/desirable brand new (or not). I hope you didn't pay too much...
    No it's WAIT WAT?

punisher..

I know that..
    I have sold a few(maded profit) and did my research before making the order.

I just paid more then I'd usually pay for any sealed game/game..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Jesus Effing Christ.

Thank you again..

Yea I want to play it..A friend of mine wrote.
    As for Panzer Dragoon Saga, if you still have a working Saturn, PLAY IT. I finished the game in about 20 hours,it was, absolutely, one of the best games I've ever played. Seriously.

Thank you everyone,...It'll prob be the best and last great find for me for the year..as I just don't find this kinda stuff..I sadly get a lot of junk..The stereo my dad bought did not work and it had Dead Critters in it..guess where that went..
    A few weeks ago a vendor friend was hunting at a flea and told me about his finds the next week when I saw him,He had passed up two specific (New in Box-sealed vintage systems that are currently listed for $300.00 each and the only ones on ebay...The vendor wanted $40.00 each.....As soon as he told me he passed them up I almost hurled..

Looking more closely at what was in the bin...

The third game in the bin is..
    Guardian Heroes (Sega Saturn)..
    I didn't pay too much attention to it...as the other two..

I noticed how much it's listed for on ebay as I'm looking to see if I any new(NY) Sega Saturn listings are put up..(IF you read my original story)

Both vendors the buyer and seller are from NY and the buyer who bought the boxes of Saturn games only sells on ebay so he'll be listing all the games he bought..If I see new 30-60+ game, single or mullti game lots being listed it may be that guy..I'm DYING to know what else were in those boxes he bought(Saturn Games)..

What I'm trying to figure out is what this is?:

I know what this is.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks to be a PDA cradle/charging station.