Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Link to the trailer for those wondering:
    https://me.ign.com/en/nintendo-switc...cement-trailer

It does look good. Not sure if it's enough to motivate me to get a Switch, though. Asidee from Nintendo, are there any games exclusively on Switch that wouldn't be available on, say, Steam?
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calthaer View Post
    Link to the trailer for those wondering:
    https://me.ign.com/en/nintendo-switc...cement-trailer

It does look good. Not sure if it's enough to motivate me to get a Switch, though. Asidee from Nintendo, are there any games exclusively on Switch that wouldn't be available on, say, Steam?
    there was a thread on here that answered that very question. I had pointed out that I am a fan of the game Marble it Up for Switch but I am sure there are dozens of other must-have exclusives that people mentioned in that thread

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

At least this new game looks to be 2D, I never got into any of the 3D first person Metroid games.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    At least this new game looks to be 2D, I never got into any of the 3D first person Metroid games.
    yeah same here. I put maybe an hour or two into Prime and it just didnt suck me in like the other Roids. I generally just prefer 2D games in general though and I think games like Metroid, Castlevania, Contra, Mega Man play a lot better on a 2D plane.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    yeah same here. I put maybe an hour or two into Prime and it just didnt suck me in like the other Roids. I generally just prefer 2D games in general though and I think games like Metroid, Castlevania, Contra, Mega Man play a lot better on a 2D plane.
    I also disliked Metroid Prime, but not because it was 3D (I actually thought being 3D was an awesome idea for a game themed around exploration). Rather, my problem was just that it was boring and had a lot of dubious design decisions. I actually just finished writing a rant about this so whenever I upload that to Google Docs I'll link it.

When it comes to Mega Man, I loved the Legends games. I've heard that X7 and X8 were also 3D and didn't quite work as well, but I haven't played them yet.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I'll look into buying it at it's first decent sale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

When it was announced for nintendo recent E3 showcase i was all ready sold on metroid dread.Some thing it took decades for the game to be made finally,originally for the DS but it was canceled.The series producer explains it more.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 06-25-2021 at 03:45 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ArcadePerfect's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Metroid Dread initially being cancelled is a draw actually. Feels like some lost piece of gaming history already. Trailer looks solid, I just hope the character/enemy graphics don't overly zoom out constantly. Too many 2.5D side scrollers zoom out these days to the point you barely see the character you're using.

I really liked the Metroid Prime series btw. My favorite from the 2D ones is Metroid: Zero Mission on the Advance.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadePerfect View Post
    Metroid Dread initially being cancelled is a draw actually. Feels like some lost piece of gaming history already. Trailer looks solid, I just hope the character/enemy graphics don't overly zoom out constantly. Too many 2.5D side scrollers zoom out these days to the point you barely see the character you're using.

I really liked the Metroid Prime series btw. My favorite from the 2D ones is Metroid: Zero Mission on the Advance.
    MZM was my least favorite. I dont remember dying except maybe once, at the final level? It felt way too easy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

After watching NL review of it i'm sold on it anyones else playing it currently ? I was gonna preorder it but i don't have the money now,later on i'll buy the game.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

not yet. havent had time to go to the store

got my hands on one. the first GameStop I tried was sold out, so went to the next closest one. gonna fire it up tomorrow. will give impressions later
    Last edited by gbpxl; 10-09-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Not really impressed with this.

Sure, it's better than Samus Returns, but Axiom Verge 1 & 2 are not only WAY BETTER, but better priced, as well. ($19.99 each)

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

yeah its not for everyone but I like it. The controls are somewhat hard to get used to if youre expecting controls like Super Metroid.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

im not sure if Im sold on this game yet or not. The complicated controls with having to hold down like three buttons to fire a missile and not having the simple "aim diagonal" button is a bummer. The map is massive, way too big for me to want to search every nook and cranny. thrre isnt an overarching theme to each world so every world just feels identical to one another and I find myself constantly having to look at the map because everything looks the same. there's a ton of spots to replenosh energy and missiles so there's never a sense of needing to stay alive. when the EMMIs get you, you start right back at the outside of the zone.

like every other game made in the last 20 years, it's needlessly complex, massive, and unmemorable and I say that as a diehard Metroid fan.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I recently played the demo of this and did a blog post:

https://jispylicious.wordpress.com/2...metroid-dread/

But to cut to the chase, I'll quote the final line: "I went in expecting this game to be dreadful... but now I suspect it deserves an EMMI."

Actually, to elaborate a bit, I went in expecting not to like it because honestly, while I usually like the 2D Metroid games, there have been things even as far back as the GBA installments that ate at me, generally lore issues and the direction the series seemed to be headed. I never played Samus Returns (never owned a 3DS) but just watching videos of it made me think I should stick to the Gameboy original.

Dread though, felt right, and nothing so far has rubbed me the wrong way. Well, except the price tag. Damn you Nintendo.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    A patch of soil where I have to pay taxes even after owning it.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Like getting so high. Metroid Dread is okay. problem is still.

1. Adam
    2. Adam
    3. Adam

Adam ruined the entire Metroid experience from both "Fusion" and "Other M"

The funny part ? They silently kept Adam in the game itself via the save mechanism and map rooms. But otherwise it was the biggest crap addition to

Clearly the Galatic federation has been limited into being led by humans rather then various races, across the Universe

The MME's was the biggest difference to this game. yeah they keep on ruining Samus. Might as well make an enemy slings slim at her that slows her down or make her slip but does not cause damage because that is all we need, then when she is in zero suit ( roll eyes ) we make an animation where she rinses it from her hair. "Night Trap" rings a bell.