Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If The School Shooting Today Is Blamed or Linked To FPS Games.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Am I supposed to care?
    Remain lazy and ignorant if you want to.
    You're the one who posted a statistic without citing a source or providing any proof, yet I'm the lazy and ignorant one? I pity you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    You're the one who posted a statistic without citing a source or providing any proof, yet I'm the lazy and ignorant one? I pity you.
    Here you go jackhole:

"In 2004, of all children 1-4 years old who died, 26% died from drowning (CDC 2006). Fatal drowning remains the second-leading cause of unintentional injury-related death for children ages 1 to 14 years (CDC 2005)

U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention"

"
    In 2005, 63 preschoolers were killed by firearms
    U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention"

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12186.html

http://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/fatal.html

Honestly it's pretty close to tied just going by the same age range. The exact amount changes every year anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well there ya go.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    You're the one who posted a statistic without citing a source or providing any proof, yet I'm the lazy and ignorant one?
    You catch on quick.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/29/justic...ime/index.html

True stat is violent crime has come down across America for 5 straight years now. So again, violent entertainment causing violence? I think not.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The evidence continues to pile up against the idea that games contribute to violent behaviour, but the fools just won't let it go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    The evidence continues to pile up against the idea that games contribute to violent behaviour, but the fools just won't let it go.
    Because people want a scapegoat. They want some form of closure, regardless of how irrational it is.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

So, on shoots and blaming video games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uwAo8lcAC4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the video link, well worth the watch!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Honestly it's pretty close to tied just going by the same age range.
    Thank you, your post was actually useful. Much appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Now take those numbers, and make an educated guess about what proportion of drownings took place in pools(most of them), and what proportion of shootings were intentional shootings(very few of them), and you see where I was going with that whole tangent.
    It's pointless to start crying "never again!" for these incidents and abridging everyone's freedom, because they're just so exceedingly rare compared to other preventable causes of premature death, and the proposed remedies are a crap shoot at best.
    The weak link in this particular case was the mother's poor judgment. She was so concerned about her son's mental state that she was trying to have him committed, and yet she still kept an arsenal of weapons in their home, when even a single handgun would have been enough for him to do what he did.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, you folks DO realize, that your outrage over being able to play video games that your want is matched 500% by the folks who would like to continue to bear arms correct? I mean, fuck how many drunk driving fatalities have there been in the last 50 years? Should we ban cars? What about fertilizer? I see that isn't banned yet. Do you realize what out government is doing to it's people? All I see on yahoo is what the president is going to being doing about gun controll. Why is that being force fed to us and not anything else on the opposite side of the constitution? You know, the part where it say's " we are allowed to bear arms"

Maybe if that teacher who threw herself at the assailant (and died) had a Glock in her blouse this wouldn't have happened.

Grow to fuck up America. See your rights and responsibilities being slowly stripped from you and when the government play's it's cards it's all about what more freedoms should be taken away "so this doesn't happen again" Seriously? It always happens again for fuck sakes, doesn't matter wheather guns or video games are actually the cause. then it will be "Well he wasn'y nurtured as a child" Or he was "depressed" so let's concentrate on what was used to kill his victims and what he watched and played on tv.
    Last edited by Embalming Your Nipples; 12-21-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Embalming Your Nipples View Post
    Well, you folks DO realize, that your outrage over being able to play video games that your want is matched 500% by the folks who would like to continue to bear arms correct? I mean, fuck how many drunk driving fatalities have there been in the last 50 years? Should we ban cars? What about fertilizer? I see that isn't banned yet. Do you realize what out government is doing to it's people? All I see on yahoo is what the president is going to being doing about gun controll. Why is that being force fed to us and not anything else on the opposite side of the constitution? You know, the part where it say's " we are allowed to bear arms"

Maybe if that teacher who threw herself at the assailant (and died) had a Glock in her blouse this wouldn't have happened.

Grow to fuck up America. See your rights and responsibilities being slowly stripped from you and when the government play's it's cards it's all about what more freedoms should be taken away "so this doesn't happen again" Seriously? It always happens again for fuck sakes, doesn't matter wheather guns or video games are actually the cause. then it will be "Well he wasn'y nurtured as a child" Or he was "depressed" so let's concentrate on what was used to kill his victims and what he watched and played on tv.

I fucking hate liberals.
    Fertilizer?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    Fertilizer?
    Look up Timothy Mcveigh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Badge 714
    PSN
    midnighthobo

Well, it happened. Violent games and movies have now been blamed....by the NRA.

http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/267420/[Movies]-NRA-Levels-Blame-at-Violent-Movies-&-Games-For-Shooting-Incidents.htm
    Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one. - Thomas Paine

America can always be counted on to do the right thing after they have exhausted all other possibilities. - Winston Churchill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Because it's really necessary for a civilian to own an M16...

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

A quote I saw somewhere fits this pretty well:

"Keeping forks away from Rosie O'Donnell wouldn't have stopped her from getting fat, but it wouldn't have hurt either."
    Last edited by Tupin; 12-21-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The NRA has zero credibility at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Embalming Your Nipples View Post
    Well, you folks DO realize, that your outrage over being able to play video games that your want is matched 500% by the folks who would like to continue to bear arms correct? I mean, fuck how many drunk driving fatalities have there been in the last 50 years? Should we ban cars?
    Is anyone arguing for banning all guns? Most people just want them to be regulated. Since you bring up cars, you know, cars are pretty heavily regulated. Your car has to be registered and you have to pay to re-register it every year, and have a smog inspection every two years. If you privately sell your car to another person, you have to transfer the title over with the state. You're required to have liability insurance in case of an accident. To drive (on public roads), you must get a license, which requires passing both a written and a physical test.

No one seems to think we're on the verge of banning cars, so why can't we discuss similar regulations for guns without people screaming about guns being banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

It's an attack on Christmas!

Seriously the only people talking about banning them are the people screaming about how people are calling for regulations. It's all bullshit.

These are mouthpieces who manipulate emotion by the millions every day. Don't let them run their game on you.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.