Thread: Sega Dreamcast VGA Help

Insert Coin (Level 0) HyruleHero's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sega Dreamcast VGA Help

With my newer tv it has very few hookups, so I wanted to get the best out of Dreamcast, so I bought a Component/VGA to HdMI converter box and a VGA cord for the Dreamcast . After hooking it up I put in Shenmue and Wow it looked amazing!! I even put in Virtual Tennis, looked great! Then tried a couple other games, to my dismay it stopped working. I was getting video but it was almost like it was double vision or echoey, if that makes any sense. At frst I thought maybe cause it was a game that wasn't VGA compatible, but then I went back tried Shenmue and Virtual Tennis and I got the same bad result. I thought maybe the VGA cord so I unplugged it from the converter and then straight to a computer monitor, it worked fine. I contacted the company I bought the converter from to see what my options are. Is it maybe just not possible to do what I set out to do?? Why would it work for a half hour and then stop? Any help would be appreciated??

Insert Coin (Level 0) HyruleHero's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Update

Quote Originally Posted by HyruleHero View Post
    With my newer tv it has very few hookups, so I wanted to get the best out of Dreamcast, so I bought a Component/VGA to HdMI converter box and a VGA cord for the Dreamcast . After hooking it up I put in Shenmue and Wow it looked amazing!! I even put in Virtual Tennis, looked great! Then tried a couple other games, to my dismay it stopped working. I was getting video but it was almost like it was double vision or echoey, if that makes any sense. At frst I thought maybe cause it was a game that wasn't VGA compatible, but then I went back tried Shenmue and Virtual Tennis and I got the same bad result. I thought maybe the VGA cord so I unplugged it from the converter and then straight to a computer monitor, it worked fine. I contacted the company I bought the converter from to see what my options are. Is it maybe just not possible to do what I set out to do?? Why would it work for a half hour and then stop? Any help would be appreciated??
    I have an update for you. *I got the Dreamcast to work. The only way it works is when it is the first thing plugged in and the first thing you power on. If you power on anything else it will become distorted if u switch back. *Once distorted the only way to get it to work is to uplug everything then replug everything gain. *