Thread: Ebay Classic Gaming Blacklist

Strawberry (Level 2) Diatribal Deity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Ouch. Gotta love the 38 neutrals he left for "goodsentertain."
    First person I've ever reported to Ebay. Hopefully they do something. Got a moderately amusing yet seemingly non-looking-form letter from Customer Support saying he is on one of their lists and will be monitored closely now. Seems he's flown under the radar for too long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Go ahead and add Member rick_pont to the list.

So this guy from australia buys this game from me, and then it arrives and i get this message. For any of you tech savy wii hackers, the problem he mentions about the continuously rolling screen is a copy protection set up by nintendo for that game to keep people from playing backup copies off a regular dvd or external hard drive. He's opened a paypal dispute now because he cannot play his american game on his australian system. The worst part about this is i'm most likely going to lose this dispute because paypal doesn't give a damn & always sides with the buyer.

"hello mate...
    the game i recieved today.. super mario wii does not even work... it goes to the opening credits and when it gets to the world it just freezes!!! i have already left negative feedback and will be posting the item back tomorrow morning... so can i please get your postal address... also i have been on to paypal resolution centre and asked for my money back... so hopefully we can work this out..."

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    Go ahead and add Member rick_pont to the list.

So this guy from australia buys this game from me, and then it arrives and i get this message. For any of you tech savy wii hackers, the problem he mentions about the continuously rolling screen is a copy protection set up by nintendo for that game to keep people from playing backup copies off a regular dvd or external hard drive. He's opened a paypal dispute now because he cannot play his american game on his australian system. The worst part about this is i'm most likely going to lose this dispute because paypal doesn't give a damn & always sides with the buyer.

"hello mate...
    the game i recieved today.. super mario wii does not even work... it goes to the opening credits and when it gets to the world it just freezes!!! i have already left negative feedback and will be posting the item back tomorrow morning... so can i please get your postal address... also i have been on to paypal resolution centre and asked for my money back... so hopefully we can work this out..."
    Being that Paypal DOESN'T care, maybe if you help the guy get the game working he'll back off? If he's willing, a modded Wii can forcibly boot in an region setting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well then I would be aiding him in wii hacking and that's not exactly something I want to do. I might link him to a site or something but 'm not going to go about telling him step by step how to hack his system. He left me bad feedback BEFORE trying to resolve the issue so that tells you the state of mind the person is in. Probably some kid.
    Last edited by wingzrow; 06-18-2010 at 04:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    The worst part about this is i'm most likely going to lose this dispute because paypal doesn't give a damn & always sides with the buyer.
    This is true, but he has to mail it back with tracking, which is fairly expensive. Most international buyers aren't going to part with $12-15 just to get most of their money back. I'd just let him continue with the Paypal dispute.

Sucks that he left a neg though. Why did you even bother selling a NTSC game to Australia?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribal Deity View Post
    alpenskin . From Russia. Has some crazy mailing address. Feedback looks good until you look at feedback he has left for others. Block him before he buys something from you then files a claim.
    Why should he be blocked? Any decent reason besides the fact that he's from Russia?
    Last edited by Dark_Sol; 06-23-2010 at 06:18 AM.
    OWNER: http://www.sealedvideogames.net
    My Rpg Collection
    Always looking for FACTORY SEALED snes and sega and psx RPG's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Sol View Post
    Why should he be blocked? Any decent reason besides the fact that he's from Russia?
    Well, I checked the feedback he left for others, and he does have a tendency to blast others if things don't go his way. Some of the feedback I saw reflect the idea that he does not read descriptions and then penalizes the seller for his own wrongdoing. For example, seller says "Shipping to US Only" yet he places a bid and wins, so either he did not read or did so on purpose.

I would also block him from my auctions. The feedback he has left says alot about him, so I rather not deal with unnecessary headache to be honest. He just seems to be one of "those" buyers.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sometimes sellers agree to ship worldwide and they send you shit and you leave neg them and they start saying bullshit nonsense as "hey it was USA only in the first place".
    Assuming how much things this guy buys (142 feeds recieved in 6 months), the 5 negatives he left is not that bad. Assuming two of them are for one seller who definitely had an issue.

I also leave neg more and more feedbacks as more and more sellers tend to care less about buyer nowadays. They send damaged crap listed as mint, wrap in paper instead of using boxes and so on..
    My Rpg Collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Sometimes sellers agree to ship worldwide and they send you shit and you leave neg them and they start saying bullshit nonsense as "hey it was USA only in the first place".
    Agreed. However, if the seller at the beggining (or on the listing itself) says "US Only", and someone from Australia bids, the seller is not at fault. Yet many times, they get a negative for the actions of an illiterate buyer. It clearly stated "US Only", yet why does the seller have to pay for the buyers own doing?

Now, if the seller agreed then backed out, or the seller stated that he/she would ship internationally, then I agree that the seller is at fault.

On GameGavel, I state for instance that I will NOT accept paypal payments via Credit Card or E-Check, yet I get buyers that still send payment that way. I simply decide to not choose payment, then I contact the buyer telling them why. 100% of the time they admit that they did not read my terms. Sigh.

Assuming how much things this guy buys (142 feeds recieved in 6 months), the 5 negatives he left is not that bad. Assuming two of them are for one seller who definitely had an issue.
    That's still too much, IMO. You need to weigh in the actually deserved negative to something that was probably the buyers fault. And I bet a few of those negatives was because of buyers fault. However...

I also leave neg more and more feedbacks as more and more sellers tend to care less about buyer nowadays. They send damaged crap listed as mint, wrap in paper instead of using boxes and so on..
    Agreed as well. I've noticed that recently, many sellers seem not to care about item condition and solely about money. Although this is natural (we are all selling to make money), the seller is still responsible on how they ship it (as it has to arrive in the same condition stated in the listing). Many use inadequate packaging (bubble mailer for a cardboard box game), yet they don't want to be held responsible for damage during shipping. Or they state one shipping method, you pay for that, and they use a cheaper method to ship your item (which many times is slow as all hell, like Media Mail or Parcel Post). Currently, I purchased a Jaguar game (a pretty rare and expensive one too) and the seller stated "Priority Mail" as the shipping method. The guy sent it out "Parcel Post". I don't plan on giving the person a negative (unless something really bad occurs), but I will give him a positive explaining my thoughts and rating him accordingly on his DSR's. There is no need to really give negative for any thing, when you have other tools at your disposal.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    For example, seller says "Shipping to US Only" yet he places a bid and wins, so either he did not read or did so on purpose.
    If the seller doesn't check the "Block bidders from areas I don't ship to" checkbox then it's his own fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

know what, megasdkirby, at first i was a very nice guy on ebay. It's been for years. And people were ripping me off here and there. A lot of people own me hundreds of dollars. Only in last couple of years i have the guts to leave negatives for the shit people do. And i am completely honest with all the feedback. If i get shit and i cannot work it out with the seller then it deserves negative only. Not fucking neutrals and no positives of cause! Cause it's easy to overlook.
    My Rpg Collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I totally agree with you, Dark_sol.

Before, things were much different. But I noticed that after the feedback fiasco, things have gone sour at a faster rate than ever before. In the last two years I've given twice as many negatives (which is still very few) than I ever did on Ebay. Sure, retalliation was a factor, but I too took chances with some well deserving negative sellers back then.

Now...I don't know what the hell happened. Poor customer service, piss poor packaging used by some sellers, making a profit by changing shipping method (after stating another method)...the list goes on. It surely wasn't this way before, though.

I will admit that I hate giving negative feedback or positive feedback when I know I won't get any in return. Sure, feedback is useless for buyers, as a feedback of one is the same as a feedback of 100, thanks to Ebay's feedback blunder. Still, if I took time to leave feedback, well you get my drift. But when a seller deserves it, I have no remorse. Last negative was for the guy who sold me the copy of Buster Douglas for SMS, since he not once stated that it was ripped on the back of the box. I tried to resolve this, his he had one bitchy attittude. So I stop the discussion and gave him a negative. After that, I don't recall giving negatives, but I have given positives with well deserves low DSR's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just take a quick look at the feedback this buyer has left for others as I suggested in my original post. You wil see a few trends.

(1) Buyer frequently bids on auctions that clearly state UK only or US only (multiple times).

(2) Buyer tries to negotiate cheaper shipping costs without tracking.

(3) Buyer has been accused of bidding under an assumed name.

(4) Buyer focuses on sellers with stellar feedback like myself (although I do not fear negs, I have never received one in nearly five years of buying and heavy selling). He did not neg me by the way.

I sell internationally all the time. Don't mind shipping anywhere including Russsia on multiple occasions. I, however, do believe where there is smoke there is fire. And this buyer is a literal smoke machine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All these 4 points are kinda made up.
    I, myself bid on 50% of auctions that are US only and UK only. And i talk with seller before that.
    Cheaper shipping? I am all over it! International shipping costs a tonn. I always select cheaper shipping for cheap stuff. I ain't gonna purchase Express Mail for a 1 cd.
    3) Where is that?? What you mean??
    4) this is kinda stipid point and i don't get it at all. . Should we focus on 50% feedback guys then? Of cause i'd buy from super sellers.
    My Rpg Collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I, myself bid on 50% of auctions that are US only and UK only. And i talk with seller before that.
    That's the thing. You talk to the seller beforehand before bidding. That is excellent.

However, what if the buyer never contacted the seller before placing a bid? If the buyer never did, it's his fault, not the sellers. If he did, it's the sellers fault.

I agree with Kitsune, though:

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    If the seller doesn't check the "Block bidders from areas I don't ship to" checkbox then it's his own fault.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kinda yes, but transaction can be cancelled easily.
    My Rpg Collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

All these 4 points are kinda made up.
    Cheaper shipping? I am all over it! International shipping costs a tonn. I always select cheaper shipping for cheap stuff. I ain't gonna purchase Express Mail for a 1 cd.
    3) Where is that?? What you mean??
    4) this is kinda stipid point and i don't get it at all. . Should we focus on 50% feedback guys then? Of cause i'd buy from super sellers.
    Replies to negative feedback he has given out even after being refunded in many cases...

"has got at least 13 refunds from uk sellers. clearly we are a soft touch. AVOID!"
    "Not fair. I offered refund but wants refund and the game"
    "Russia for a pound???? how does that work???"
    "THIS BUYER SETS POSTAGE COST THEM PAYS IF YOU DO NOT AGREE HE GIVES A NEGITIVE "
    "Made 2nd chance offer due to buyers persistant threats,so refunded money asap!"
    "Prompt Comms and replied to all Buyer's msg's but buyer presistant threats"
    "Became agressive as wouldn't bring p&p costs down so relisted as wasting my time"
    "this person is only one ever to leave me negative feedback. what does that say!"
    "sorted out through resolution centre. no need to leave negative feedback now"
    "Bad Buyer. Would recommend everyone to avoid this buyer like the plague"
    "This buyer has even bid under an assumed name so that he can leave bad f/back"
    "Unfair, this buyer has left bad feedback for 7 trans that never happened"
    "You live in Russia, my advert advised United Kingdom only, I gave you a refund!"
    "Please be warned, he makes issues to try to get cheaper prices. Unpleasant!!!!"
    "What a liar!!! The games were sent then you tried getting a refund !!!!!LIAR"
    "He was blackmailing me with negative feedback. Beware sellers"

Not sure why you feel inclined to defend this guy. Sellers with excellent feedback tend to give quick refunds and instant positive feedback. He knows this and takes advantage. I give instant positive feedback once payment is received and refunds when I deem it valid. This was not valid and I made him file a claim.

It has taught me an important lesson to check out feedback left by buyers as well as feedback received. Especially due to the nature of the system now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kinda yes, but transaction can be cancelled easily.
    Yes, but the seller doesn't get 100% of fees back. You also lose all of your page hits and watchers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribal Deity View Post
    Replies to negative feedback he has given out even after being refunded in many cases...

"has got at least 13 refunds from uk sellers. clearly we are a soft touch. AVOID!"
    "Not fair. I offered refund but wants refund and the game"
    "Russia for a pound???? how does that work???"
    "THIS BUYER SETS POSTAGE COST THEM PAYS IF YOU DO NOT AGREE HE GIVES A NEGITIVE "
    "Made 2nd chance offer due to buyers persistant threats,so refunded money asap!"
    "Prompt Comms and replied to all Buyer's msg's but buyer presistant threats"
    "Became agressive as wouldn't bring p&p costs down so relisted as wasting my time"
    "this person is only one ever to leave me negative feedback. what does that say!"
    "sorted out through resolution centre. no need to leave negative feedback now"
    "Bad Buyer. Would recommend everyone to avoid this buyer like the plague"
    "This buyer has even bid under an assumed name so that he can leave bad f/back"
    "Unfair, this buyer has left bad feedback for 7 trans that never happened"
    "You live in Russia, my advert advised United Kingdom only, I gave you a refund!"
    "Please be warned, he makes issues to try to get cheaper prices. Unpleasant!!!!"
    "What a liar!!! The games were sent then you tried getting a refund !!!!!LIAR"
    "He was blackmailing me with negative feedback. Beware sellers"

Not sure why you feel inclined to defend this guy. Sellers with excellent feedback tend to give quick refunds and instant positive feedback. He knows this and takes advantage. I give instant positive feedback once payment is received and refunds when I deem it valid. This was not valid and I made him file a claim.

It has taught me an important lesson to check out feedback left by buyers as well as feedback received. Especially due to the nature of the system now.
    He's an ass indeed. I already warned our russian gaming community. I think something must be done.
    What is really bad that he threatens sellers and bids on UK and US only auctions A LOT.
    My Rpg Collection

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

Stay far, far away from save*exchange.

I sold this auction which included two Treo 650 phones and a slew of accessories. The phones are the important part. She wins the auction. When she pays, she hands me down a laundry list of requests, including:

- Ship in a Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope
    - Refund her $2 (note that I always charge by weight)
    - Send out the package *that day*

Now, I may have been in the wrong, but I didn't think all that was necessary (besides, all of the items wouldn't have fit in a Flat Rate envelope). So, I package it up like any other package, pay $8 for Priority (she only paid for Parcel Post), have it shipped that day (I decided to honor that part) and consider the matter a done deal.

Until I got this message:

I ONLY GOT ONE CELL PHONE, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER CELL PHONE, I HOPE TO HEAR BACK FROM YOU SOON BEFORE I CONTACT EBAY ABOUT THIS CASE.
    And yes, she always typed in capitals. Now, I'm 90% sure that I included both phones. And if the package was tampered in some way, I figured that would have been pretty evident. So I respond:

I honestly don't know what to tell you. I'm 90% sure I put both cell phones inside the package. If one was missing, I think there would have been a noticeable weight difference. If I come across it, I will definitely send it out to you, but I don't know what to tell you otherwise. If you still feel the need to contact eBay, go ahead. But I am being completely honest, and the fact that I've never received a negative will stand behind that.
    So she contacts eBay. Go figure. She tells them:

"I PURCHASED A LOT OF TWO CELL PHONES AND I ONLY RECEIVED ONE IN THE MAIL, I REALLY NEEDED THE TWO CELL PHONES, I CONTACTED THE SELLER TO KNOW ABOUT WHY THE OTHER ONE WAS MISSING, BUT HAS NOT RESPONDED BACK."
    So I offer her a partial refund. I mean, even if one phone did get lost, she has one phone secure plus all the accessories intact. She throws it back in my face and escalates the case. eBay, of course, sides with her.

So now I have to give her a full refund, and she has to return the items. Who's willing to bet that once I get the items back, surprise, surprise, one phone is missing. Where could it be? Hmmm...

And she left this negative for me, which effectively popped my feedback cherry:

DID NOT RECEIVE WHAT I PAID FOR, TRIED PARTIAL REFUND, BUT LESS THAN HALF
    I may have acted wrongly, I don't know. But the smell of pungent BS has wafted over this since the first day. Caveat venditor...
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."