Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icarusX360
    PSN
    titanzguard

Quote Originally Posted by sourday View Post
    Akron/Canton Craigslist.

He wanted 275, said he needed cash to pay rent. I offered him 145, he even had all the receipts except for the Wii it self. He said he got it off of LowestDeals.com.
    Talk about being a dick. Seriously I just quickly added the value of all that stuff and you would of seriously been getting a deal at $275. Hell, I would have had more respect for you if you would have atleast offered him $200 but Christ! But instead you knew the guy was in a bind so you low ball him and he took it. I hope you feel real proud of yourself, especially when you plan on selling some of it on ebay to make a profit. Seriously, I am all about people getting "Deals" but dont find it cool when someone knows they are getting a steal already and decide to low ball someone even more.
    Last edited by titanzguard; 04-28-2009 at 05:05 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by titanzguard View Post
    Talk about being a dick. Seriously I just quickly added the value of all that stuff and you would of seriously been getting a deal at $275. Hell, I would have had more respect for you if you would have atleast offered him $200 but Christ! But instead you knew the guy was in a bind so you low ball him and he took it. I hope you feel real proud of yourself, especially when you plan on selling some of it on ebay to make a profit. Seriously, I am all about people getting "Deals" but dont find it cool when someone knows they are getting a steal already and decide to low ball someone even more.
    I do not feel bad at all, people need to live within their means. He is a grown ass man, he should of known that he couldn't afford all that and keep current with all his bills.

I will try to not let my concious keep me up tonight. If it does, owell I will just play some SSBB on my new Wii.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I think the same but at the same time, the seller could have declined, that's not the buyer's problem.

Great deal, almost believable given the current price of the Wiis on the USA
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Given the rate of Wii sales and Japan's recent decline, he may have made a smart move. There are 50+ MILLION Wiis out there, and the supply:demand is going to catch up eventually. If we think that GameCubes are cheap now, what's going to happen when Nintendo releases a new console come 2011 or 2012?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bad form or not, that was an excellent deal.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Eh, the seller accepted his offer, good deal IMO.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    Bad form or not, that was an excellent deal.
    thanks, I dont know maybe I'm just evil. Is it just me or do you guys/gals get a gratifing feeling when you give people less than what they want for an item.

Like playing video games, buying and selling them is a hobby for me.

the latest Craigslist deal im woring on

Chrono Trigger
    Super Mario World
    NHLPA Hockey 93
    Super Metriod
    Mortal Kombat II
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Earthbound
    Street Fighter II
    Donkey Kong Country
    Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
    Super Mario Kart
    Final Fantasy III
    Super Mario All-Stars
    Super Metroid player's guide

I should be able to get this all for 100.00 a bit more than I want to pay but iv'e been wanting Earthbound and Chrono Trigger for awhile now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icarusX360
    PSN
    titanzguard

I didnt say it was evil to get a deal, I just think offering 1/2 of his asking price was a dick like move. No one on these forums has not offered less than a sellers asking price but low balling people is not cool. I know what people mean by the fact that the seller accepted but a lot of people these days are hurting for money and maybe he had no choice. With the economy as bad as it is and people losing their jobs maybe he had no choice but to take the cash because it was there and rent was due. Maybe he assumed you were going to pay the full amount and you showed up and offered $140? You never stated what you did. I dont know the exact situation but all I do know is things are tough for a lot of people/families right now. Either way, it may have been a good deal to you but I still dont think its right. As I stated above, I think $275 was already a DEAL but if you would have offered him a reasonable amount, around $200 for it I would have had a little more respect for you. Offering 1/2 of his asking price just seems like you took advantage of the situation. I dont care how anyone else feels about this, I just think it was the wrong thing to do.

You seem very happy with your purchase so I doubt you will have any troubles sleeping tonight.
    Last edited by titanzguard; 04-28-2009 at 07:18 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) misfits859's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Goodwill today:

RBI Baseball 2 (NES) cart only $.50.
    NES Max controller $1.50.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

got everything below for 145.00, I really dont need it, but I just couldn't turn it down. I'll keep the Wii, coontrollers, SSBB and RE4; sell the rest on Ebay

-Anthony
    you dont need to be a lowlife dick, I demand that you go to that persons house and give him AT LEAST 75 more dollars.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didnt say it was evil to get a deal, I just think offering 1/2 of his asking price was a dick like move. No one on these forums has not offered less than a sellers asking price but low balling people is not cool. I know what people mean by the fact that the seller accepted but a lot of people these days are hurting for money and maybe he had no choice. With the economy as bad as it is and people losing their jobs maybe he had no choice but to take the cash because it was there and rent was due. Maybe he assumed you were going to pay the full amount and you showed up and offered $140? You never stated what you did. I dont know the exact situation but all I do know is things are tough for a lot of people/families right now. Either way, it may have been a good deal to you but I still dont think its right. As I stated above, I think $275 was already a DEAL but if you would have offered him a reasonable amount, around $200 for it I would have had a little more respect for you. Offering 1/2 of his asking price just seems like you took advantage of the situation. I dont care how anyone else feels about this, I just think it was the wrong thing to do.

You seem very happy with your purchase so I doubt you will have any troubles sleeping tonight.
    This current economic situation is only hurting the the people that don't have the drive to succeed. I have a Bachlor degree, working on a Masters. No one has pulled my leg to do this. I work a full time job, and a aditional partime job. Not because I need to, because I want to be able to thrive and afford all the things I want, now and later in life. Americans were in need of a reality check, here it is; time to grow up. Get off government aid and get an education.

we agreed on a price via Email before we met, he knew what he was getting.

I get all the respect I need, I will do fine without yours.

Yes I preyed on his situation, he only has himself to blame for purchasing all that when he did not have the money for his living expenses

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This current economic situation is only hurting the the people that don't have the drive to succeed. I have a Bachlor degree, working on a Masters. No one has pulled my leg to do this. I work a full time job, and a aditional partime job. Not because I need to, because I want to be able to thrive and afford all the things I want, now and later in life. Americans were in need of a reality check, here it is; time to grow up. Get off government aid and get an education.

we agreed on a price via Email before we met, he knew what he was getting.

I get all the respect I need, I will do fine without yours.

Yes I preyed on his situation, he only has himself to blame for purchasing all that when he did not have the money for his living expenses
    oh, ok. I guess i misunderstood you the first time, and if he knew what he was getting then its ok, he could have sold it for much higher if he wanted to, its his problem

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

This current economic situation is only hurting the the people that don't have the drive to succeed.
    Ahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yeah, right. I'm sure all those people who got laid off from their jobs recently and who spend the whole day looking for a job to pay the bills and support their families AGREE with you.

Dick. Move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Ahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yeah, right. I'm sure all those people who got laid off from their jobs recently and who spend the whole day looking for a job to pay the bills and support their families AGREE with you.

Dick. Move.
    Of course they don't, they should of went and got an education insted of going to work at the mill/plant/factory. They should consider them selves lucky that the minimun wage has been raised so much. I kept a few Illegal immigrants around to do my errands and some work around the house. I only have to pay them in beans and bread.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

thanks, I dont know maybe I'm just evil. Is it just me or do you guys/gals get a gratifing feeling when you give people less than what they want for an item.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Of course they don't, they should of went and got an education insted of going to work at the mill/plant/factory. They should consider them selves lucky that the minimun wage has been raised so much. I kept a few Illegal immigrants around to do my errands and some work around the house. I only have to pay them in beans and bread.
    Judging from your spelling and grammar, you must be part of the mill/plant/factory lot, am I right?

Anyhow, weren't you just "woring" on a sweet Craigslist deal on some rare SNES games?
    Why don't you get back to that. Those games should keep you busy. Too busy to post here.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can we get back to the games we found at thrift shops and flea markets? You know, the thrift shops whose profits go to good causes, and the flea markets where there's people selling things because they enjoy it?

If you want to keep arguing about economics and why people need money, please do it in Off Topic, where it belongs.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

the latest Craigslist deal im woring on

Chrono Trigger
    Super Mario World
    NHLPA Hockey 93
    Super Metriod
    Mortal Kombat II
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Earthbound
    Street Fighter II
    Donkey Kong Country
    Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
    Super Mario Kart
    Final Fantasy III
    Super Mario All-Stars
    Super Metroid player's guide

I should be able to get this all for 100.00 a bit more than I want to pay but iv'e been wanting Earthbound and Chrono Trigger for awhile now.
    I'm surprised you could get that for $100, the ad says the highest offer they got was $150.

Here's the ad in case anyone else would like to try to get it.
    http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/ele/1103227061.html

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I'm surprised you could get that for $100, the ad says the highest offer they got was $150.

Here's the ad in case anyone else would like to try to get it.
    http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/ele/1103227061.html
    yea he said he no 1 has picked it up, they keep falling through.

150 still isn't a bad deal, just dont want to spend that on them

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

o_O

I don't know whether to laugh at you or feel pity for you. I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic