Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mega Man Legends 3 (3DS)

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

The first DOOM Episode (of several levels) was shareware and therefore highly encouraged to be shared however seen fit, whether for free, copying from BBS's, FTP, USENET, or on pay-for compilations or stand-alone copies. The full game was $29.95.

Mega Man Legends 3 Prototype Version will not be shareware, of course, but it is supposed to have over five hours of gameplay and let you roam about the unfinished areas with a debug mode. For $2 that's a lot better than a game rental in my opinion.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by geezuzkhrist119 View Post
    Why isn't there a console release? I don't plan on buying a 3ds.
    The same reason that all the Mega Man games released over the past five years have either been handheld or DLC titles; it's much cheaper to produce a handheld/DLC title than a current gen HD console title.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

New images and details were posted today over on Capcom Unity about the Prototype Version to clear up some questions and provide more screenshots.

I for one look forward to even more can-kicking and car-riding.

And an oldie but a goodie wallpaper (image links to full size desktop wallpaper):

And for cell phone users to customize their phone:

Looks like the game is progressing well. I can't wait for the eShop launch so I can download this thing!

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Well this is just splat-tactular. In one day, Capcom of America announces it will most likely *never* bring out Mega Man Legends 1, 2, or Tron Bonne on PSP/PSN because it is too cheap to negotiate contracts for online distribution; and Capcom of Japan announces that MML3:PV is delayed indefinitely. I'm really hoping for a short (six weeks at most) delay.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Translation?

Capcom: We will not be releasing Mega Man Legends 1, 2, and Tron Bonne for the PSN/PSP because the releases would be $5.99. We will take advantage of the 3DS to upgrade these titles to 3D so you can pay an overpriced $40 each on games that are over a decade old. Maybe after the overpriced releases on the 3DS and possibly NGP, then we'll finally come to an agreement to get the games released on the PSN.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If they redub Rock Volnutt in MML2 with a male voice, I'll pay $40.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    If they redub Rock Volnutt in MML2 with a male voice, I'll pay $40.
    , I know what you mean. The whole time I kept asking myself why Sailor Jupiter's voice was being emitted from Volnutt instead of his original voice.

Over at the game's DevRoom they've posted the results of the returning Reaverbots. The winners are Gorubesshu, Mimic, Firushudot, Poh, Arukoitan, and Mandomantal. Um, if you (like most people) don't remember which ones these are, follow the link to see pictures and descriptions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Those yellow guys in the desktop wallpapers look like a cross between lego mini figs or those toko-bots from some other game.
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rpepper9 View Post
    Those yellow guys in the desktop wallpapers look like a cross between lego mini figs or those toko-bots from some other game.
    You mean the ServBots? Yeah, that's a common comparison. But oh, how I do adore those Tron Bonne specialties!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No monster hunter portable 3
    no ace attorney investigations 2
    TWO cancelled mega man games
    Likely unreleased professor layton vs. phoenix wright
    Destroyed the resident evil fanbase's expectations
    DLC & fighting game add-ons out the ass
    Bastardized devil may cry reboot
    No sequels to more than half their games 9 cyberbots, breath of fire, darkstalkers, rival schools, the list goes on and on )
    One time save file on RESIDENT EVIL 3DS

I could keep going and going with this. It's hard to believe that a company would fall so far but there you have it. The CAPCOM I once loved and supported is dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This would have been shit anyway.

But yeah, Capcom has fallen so hard it's pathetic.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

While I was interested, the "paying for a demo" thing kind of bothered me, just like everything else they've done the past few years. Even Nintendo hasn't screwed up this bad.

Last edited by kupomogli; 07-18-2011 at 11:35 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    I could keep going and going with this. It's hard to believe that a company would fall so far but there you have it. The CAPCOM I once loved and supported is dead.
    I know what you mean. I bought a 3DS for this, and with this news I am considering just selling the thing to try and recoup some of my loss. Much like SEGA before it, CAPCOM has lost its way.

I have pledged not to support the CAPCOM company in any way unless this is mended by reinstatement. But then again, the quirky type of Japanese games of yore the company once made famous which I adored haven't seen the light of day by CAPCOM's hands in two gaming generations. So really, what is there to boycott?

It is remarkable how much backlash CAPCOM is facing over this decision and its recent actions in regard to its other series. People were upset before, but MML3's cancellation has acted as the catalyst to focus their collective vexation. The figurative straw that broke the camel's back, to be sure. CAPCOM's Facebook and Twitter accounts are being hammered with hundreds of comments, and its blogs at Capcom-Unity run red with rage. Even non-Capcom Web sites are filled with countless comments filled with sadness, anguish, and anger.

Is the company long for this world?

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

This is too bad, I was actually looking forward to this as the first 3DS game that would make me seriously consider picking up the console.

That being said I would figure that Capcom would have the funds for projects like this with the re-re-release of RE4 and SF4 for the past few years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Suikoman444
    PSN
    Suikoman444

This really disappointing. Was looking forward to this. I haven't bought a CAPCOM game in years and looks like that won't change anytime soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

This news is truly heartbreaking. I won't throw a fit like some people are, but I can't really blame them for doing so. Capcom isn't getting sympathy from me; they can deal with the unleashed crapstorm.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Insert Coin (Level 0) riderpool's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    riderkidDA
    PSN
    riderkid98

the problem is not inafune leaving capcom but capcom not knowing what they want to do, online is being worked on by a soko company so it has no problems. The biggest tihng is they seem only interested in franchises that cater to the dark depressing (read TWILIGHT I mean DMC) the fighter (MVC3) or milking resident evil for every dime its worth (see release schedule fro the 6th release of RE4 and 4th release of CV). Instead of bringing back its old franchises in new ways like strider or darkstalkers it brings back franchises and hits them with the dark depressing and angstification stick like bionic commando.

Darkstalkers could work with dark and depressing settings, its based of classic universal monsters and myth for god sakes, their not known for being happy happy washy washy.

in 2 years mgeaman X celebrates 20 years as a franchise in japan,3 years in north america. My friend wanted megaman legends 3, he wants Megaman X9, he wants new megaman games. Despite how bad the X games got he supported them.

Capcom...you just made my friend cry, and in doing so made me feel like an asshole for telling him his dreams of a sequel to a game he loves and defends are destroyed...does it feel good capcom?

If it does then to hell with you!
    I believe in a thing called DIVORCE

www.riderkid.deviantart.com

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Geez, what a punch to the gut. This is actually the first time I've clicked on this topic. Even though I've known about the MML3 project since it was first announced, I hadn't bothered to keep up with it at all. Since I saw this topic getting bumped up, I decided to finally read through it. Looking at the pictures and reading the info, I was just about to post a comment about how good it was looking and that I was now even more interested only to get to the end of the topic and read this crushing news. I can't believe they'd pull this. They would've been better off just never announcing this at all, and they definitely shouldn't have wrangled the fan community into the process so much if they weren't 100% sure that it would get released.

This was only one of two 3DS games that I knew I'd be getting and would buy the system for (the other being tri-Ace's Labyrinth no Kanata), and now, poof, it's gone.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Fucked up, but I can't say I'm super surprised either.

It's funny--I love older Capcom stuff so much that they're just stuck in my mind as a great developer, but when I really think about it, they haven't done anything really earth-shattering since Strider, IMO. At the time of it's release, I saw Resident Evil for what it was: a pretty rip-off of Alone in the Dark.

I thought BC: Rearmed was great, but I don't think you have Capcom to thank for that (Grin did a great job), and I like their newer 2D fighting games, but they're nothing revolutionary.

All this time I've been using Section Z, Mega Man 1, U.N. Squadron, 1943 and Willow as reasons why Capcom was so great, but shit man, those games are like 20 years old now. I think they bit the dust some time during the tail-end of the SNES period. Sad really.