Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steam Summer Sale is on!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Just when you thought it was safe to look on Steam with you wallet in your pocket....

I haven't gone nuts. Picked up Dear Esther (I'm digging some of these "artsy" games when I'm in the mood for more of the experience than a bone fide game) and Alan Wake: American Nightmare. I'm debating on The Witcher II-I have the first one, I played a LITTLE of the first one but it's clicky Diablo-esque play is something I'm not used to anymore and haven't gone back to it (and I probably will).

Witcher II looks more actiony and possibly more up my alley but I've already got a back log and not a ton of free cash.

ooooOOOOHHH RUSTY!!! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FxMercenary
    PSN
    Gronkus

These prices are incredible!

Just a heads up everyone, about the franchise bundles. I guess this Sunday, the last day of the sale, prices might drop drastically on these. I guess ever sale STEM does, the Franchise bundles are super cheap on the last day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Other than the DLC for The Binding of Issac (what was that, like 74 cents?) and The Walking Dead, nothing has really made me pull out the wallet this time. Part of it is being smarter about not spending money on stuff I know I'll probably never get around to playing, no matter how good of a deal it is.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    I'm told it's a paragraph's worth of story told over the course of wandering about for an hour, so, maybe worth $2.50.
    It's a bit more than a paragraph. It's... interesting, but the guy also walks super slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgagdae View Post
    Part of it is being smarter about not spending money on stuff I know I'll probably never get around to playing, no matter how good of a deal it is.
    There was lots of stuff I was "about" to buy, but the prices didn't quite hit as low as I needed them to. I would have bought Crysis 2 for $7.49 or less, but it never got to that point. I think $11.99 was the price. I would have bought Fallout New Vegas for $7.49 if it included all the DLC packs as well. Fallout New Vegas with all the DLC packs got to $9.99 which was really close. I was hoping to finally get the PC version of COD4 for $9.99 or less, but that never showed up. I wanted to get Rage for $7.49 or less, but it only hit $9.99.

Patience is a BIG TIME virtue for PC gamers. Hold out for better sales. As good as some of the prices are, if you're not tempted to play the game right away, it might be a better idea to hold off till the next big sale. Prices usually eventually get lower and lower, so the longer a person can hold out, the better off they'll be. I only say this for the games that you know you're not going to dive into right away. I've already got a super, out of control backlist of games as it is, so adding more onto the end of my list just isn't very prudent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I can't believe that Xseed released Ys Origin and I hadn't heard a thing about it.

I am a huge Ys fan and had just given up on ever being able to play Ys Origin. It was never ported to the PSP and I thought there was no way in hell Xseed would release the PC version stateside.

I heard all about the Steam sale and people at work were talking about it all week and what games they got, but I could care less. I refuse to buy an offline game that I have to have an internet connection to play.

Anyway, i'm making my way through Youtube listening to Genesis music, and I see a video someone made for Ys Origin. Getting side tracked for a moment I was in disbelief when I saw it had been translated and released by Xseed on Steam!!!

I just purchased Ys Origin and Oath in Felghana (Even though I have the PSP version). The first and probably last Steam games I will ever buy, but I gotta say, the service is nice and everything ran smoothly. I am impressed!

I am just happy that I got to support a franchise and company that I love! I have listened to the Ys Origin OST for several years now, its on of my favorites, and its nice to finally have a game to go along with it.
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith Storm View Post
    I heard all about the Steam sale and people at work were talking about it all week and what games they got, but I could care less. I refuse to buy an offline game that I have to have an internet connection to play.
    The only real differences between the Japanese retail and Worldwide (except Japan) Steam releases is the language and the achievements. And any bugfixes by the localization team (which have been quite numerous.) But yeah, these games are a steal and they're much cheaper than importing the Japanese versions.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith Storm View Post
    The first and probably last Steam games I will ever buy, but I gotta say, the service is nice and everything ran smoothly. I am impressed!
    And so, it begins! Soon, soon Steam shall invade your wallet and you too will have a backlog of dozens of games you will never get around to playing!
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

so i think my last buy is Red Alert 3 cause i need a break from all the First Person related games i been playing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Collector_Gaming View Post
    so i think my last buy is Red Alert 3 cause i need a break from all the First Person related games i been playing
    Don't! The C&C games have been horribly overpriced this sale, you'll probably get them for much less next Christmas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    And so, it begins! Soon, soon Steam shall invade your wallet and you too will have a backlog of dozens of games you will never get around to playing!
    It has been quite tempting. There is a TON of stuff on there for amazing prices, but most of the other games that I want to pick up (Legend of Grimrock and Arx Fatalis) are available on GOG without the DRM. Sure, the price is a bit more than what Steam is offering it for but anything less than 15 bucks is a good enough deal for me.

But, you never know... If Steam nets some more exclusives like the Ys games then i'll be the first to lay down my money.
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?