Thread: Sony aims for US web PS Store launch this month, automatic downloads in the works [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Sony aims for US web PS Store launch this month, automatic downloads in the works [Joystiq]

Sony is planning to introduce the web-based Sony Entertainment Network store to the US this month. According to CNET, who spoke to Sony Network Entertainment chief operating officer Shawn Layden, the SEN store will ultimately let users buy content there and then set it to be automatically downloaded to their PS3s.

The SEN store, which allows users to buy PS3 and Vita content via a browser, launched very quietly last month in Europe, with Sony eventually saying the store is being tested there. As it currently stands, content bought via the SEN store appears on Vita and PS3 download lists, but cannot be automatically downloaded to those devices via the web-based store.Sony aims for US web PS Store launch this month, automatic downloads in the works originally appeared on Joystiq on Thu, 10 Jan 2013 11:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice Steam mockup, Sony.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

So, PS3 users will get what 360 users have had for six years.

Oh, joy.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I GUESS I see the point of raising awareness of products for those who don't have a PS3/Vita and providing browsing/purchasing options for the die-hards that just CAN'T WAIT to get home to buy the latest releases ... but, really if I want to buy something on my PS3 or Vita I'm going to turn on my PS3 or Vita and browse/buy.

Eh, can't hurt anything I suppose.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    I GUESS I see the point of raising awareness of products for those who don't have a PS3/Vita and providing browsing/purchasing options for the die-hards that just CAN'T WAIT to get home to buy the latest releases ... but, really if I want to buy something on my PS3 or Vita I'm going to turn on my PS3 or Vita and browse/buy.

Eh, can't hurt anything I suppose.
    I think this is a great thing for people that work at an office all day. Buy it at work and come home able to play right off. Or closer to it at least. Probably you'll still have to sit through the install (w/ no manual to read ). And then the patches. And the interminable splash screens no matter what. Oh how I loathe splash screens. Reminds me I've been meaning to make a list and time how long it takes to actually be able to make a meaningful menu selection. The ones where it gets to a screen with only one choice irritate me the most. What the F is the point of that? Worse, I think I played a game where there was significant load time after you press start. Demons Souls maybe? Ugh, I hate that.