Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Are you sure you saw a UMD version? I just got back from the Fry's near my office here in Burbank and they had probably 20 copies of the voucher version and I asked an employee to check their computer and it didn't show any second SKU or new stock of the game anywhere in their system.

Having said that, in looking at the case picture posted, it does have the newer PSP game logo on top and a reference to IGN 2009 Game of the Year which didn't happen until December 2009. I don't believe the Mexican case has those two features. As such, I am hopeful that the OP has in fact discovered a newly released UMD version of the game. This is very exciting!

I'm pretty damn sure. I looked at it and didn't notice the stripe on top. I was surprised that they had price dropped it to 9.99. I had picked it up and thought it felt heavier than mine. I'll get someone over there tomorrow and find out if it is or not.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Interesting few days of thrifting:

Xbox Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2, sans manual: $5
    Atari 2600 Riddle of the Sphinx: $1.50
    Sega Genesis Sangokushi III pirate cart: $3
    Sega Genesis Tetris pirate card: $3
    Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were Rabbit: $3

The Sangokushi cart is in the original Japanese, not the English translation, so I'm not sure I'll actually be able to play it, but it and the Tetris are interesting curiousities, these have to be the first pirate carts I've encountered 'in the wild'.
    "I've not seen such bravery!"

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Kisuragi View Post
    eBay:
    Crime Patrol (Sega CD, CIB) - $30

Another R6 down for Sega CD. Radical Rex, Lawnmower Man and Night Trap (Blue Box) left.
    Good luck finding Lawnmower Man and Radical Rex, they decided they only needed to print about...10 copies to satisfy demand.

As for me, my brother found me Yoshi's Story and Paper Mario both cart only for N64 for .50 cents apiece at a yard sale. Two more first party N64 games that I didn't have, now I think I have every Mario-related game save Mario Golf.

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lawnmower Man isn't a problem...Radical Rex I've been having trouble tracking down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I found Pac-Man on the Google, it's not there anymore though

that sucks, it was a pretty rare version

(Recently, I found a copy of Sim Town, $0.99, which is right in line with what it's actually worth, heh)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

Today I got:

Tomba(no book) ps1- $4
    Saga Frontier PS1- $8
    Azure Dreams PS1- $8

At the pawn shop for whatever reason I passed up on Castlevania Chronicles(ps1), I will grab that one tomorrow.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Good luck finding Lawnmower Man and Radical Rex, they decided they only needed to print about...10 copies to satisfy demand.

As for me, my brother found me Yoshi's Story and Paper Mario both cart only for N64 for .50 cents apiece at a yard sale. Two more first party N64 games that I didn't have, now I think I have every Mario-related game save Mario Golf.

I tried to sell a copy of lawnmowerman disk/manual only a couple years ago for like... $15 I think. Couldn't seem to GIVE it away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not really a find, as it involved sitting on my fat ass clicking buttons, but fresh off of ebay:

With a new laser lens and RGB-modded (now I just need a fancy HDTV to show it off)! $159, which I though was a good deal, but then it was $70 for shipping! Only took about 3 days to get here, though. Now I'm just waiting for my Dracula X to get here in the mail so I can put it through the ringer!

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

^Nice! I think I've seen the guy you got it from!

Now tell me, can you still use regular A/V (red/white/yellow) cables with it?

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Quote Originally Posted by The Shawn View Post
    I tried to sell a copy of lawnmowerman disk/manual only a couple years ago for like... $15 I think. Couldn't seem to GIVE it away.
    Well, I don't think it's a matter of price, rather a matter of rarity. Lawnmower Man isn't good, so you won't get much for it.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lot sale as usual...

All I got was a loose NES, with a slighty yellowed front for $3.

Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went back to yesterday's thrift to get this one... the store only takes cash, I was low on that, and unwilling to risk the on-site ATM, and I had to see what it was anyway:

Genesis Master of Monsters. $3. Loose.

I also discovered a recently discovered good game store has opened their second location within a stone's throw of the particular thrift, too.
    "I've not seen such bravery!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Kisuragi View Post
    Lawnmower Man isn't a problem...Radical Rex I've been having trouble tracking down.
    I found a loose copy a while back for two bucks. Guess its all in location and luck (shrugs).
    Wants:
    Starflight Starmap and Code Wheel
    Starflight II Starmap
    Got these for sale or trade? PM ME!!!

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, it's been a Sega-kinda weekend (click pics for full-size):

12 SNES games with dust covers: Brawl Brothers, Firepower 2000, Peace Keepers, Hook, Street Fighter II Turbo, Super Ninja Boy, TMNT: Tournament Fighters, Robocop 3, Mega Man X, Battletoads/Double Dragon, Pocky & Rocky, SMW2: Yoshi's Island, $32 for all

My sister actually found these for me. She called me up and started reading off the titles. After about she read about 5, I told her to buy them all. They're in excellent condition and every game includes a dust cover.

Model 1 Sega Genesis (TMSS)
    Sega Dreamcast Sports Edition, $5 for both

As you can see from the photo, these are both kinda scuffed up. They both work flawlessly, though. I own a Sports DC already, but now I've got sort of a "beater" that I can leave hooked up all the time, keeping the one I bought new safe in its box.

360 Borderlands (complete), $16

Not much to say about this one. I've been wanting to play this game for a while, but didn't want to pay much for it. I still might've overpaid since this game has been out for a while and may be due for a price-drop. I'm gonna try to start this one tonight. The kid I bought it from said he played it for about two hours and hated it. We'll see.

Nintendo Top Secret Password Player's Guide
    Super Mario Advance Perfect Guide
    Resident Evil 2 Official Guide, $2 for all

The seller was originally asking $1 each on the guides, but these are all kinda beat-up, so I offered $2 for all three. I don't think I own them yet. Actually, I might already have that password guide. I'll have to check.

Japanese Dreamcast console, $3

Walked up to a sale and saw this lying on a table. No games, no cords; I asked. I didn't even intend to buy it, but I picked it up anyway and looked it over just for the heck of it. The bottom label looked funny at first, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I looked at it from the back and saw that the power input was the "figure 8" style, unlike the US version which has that "circle/square" thing going on. It also has no modem. Confused, I looked at the label again and caught it: NTSC J. Nice. Guy wanted five bucks, I offered three, he accepted. Took it home and plugged it in; works like a charm.

XB Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    XB Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams
    XB Stubbs the Zombie: Rebel Without a Pulse, $12 for all

Finally, I own a copy of Morrowind. You would not believe how many times I have passed on this game. Probably about a dozen. I have not seen this game for less than 8 bucks until now. My previous copy of SH2 was missing the manual, so now I have a nice, complete one. These were originally $5 each; I offered 12 for all three which was accepted.

26 NES games: Gauntlet, Legacy of the Wizard, Batman, Adventures of Dino Riki, Dragon Spirit, Dragon Warrior, Tetris, 1942, Faxanadu, Kid Niki, Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, Ultima: Exodus, Jaws, Top Gun: Second Mission (x2), Shingen the Ruler, Section Z, SMB, Slalom, The Karate Kid, F-117A Stealth Fighter, Silent Service, Stinger, Metroid, Genghis Khan, Conquest of the Crystal Palace (with manual), $10

These were laying out in two stacks. As I walked up, another guy was already digging through them. Most of them were upside down in their sleeves, but I flipped a couple over and saw some I needed for my collection. I held up a few in my hand asked how much. Interestingly, when the seller said "a dollar each", the guy next to me set down the one in his hand, stood up and walked off! Apparently that was too rich for his blood. Without counting or bothering to check which games they were, I asked how much the seller would take for all of them. He thought about it for a few seconds and asked, "10 dollars?". Sounds good to me! I paid as quick as I could and my friend helped me scoop them all up. For fun, we didn't check anymore of the titles until we got home. There are a few duds, but there are also more than a handful that I didn't already own, so it was a killer find no matter what.

Sega Mega Drive 2 (Japanese) w/2 controllers, AV cable, power cord, and 8 games:

Spider-Man, Bulls vs. Lakers, Mortal Kombat II, Beavis & Butthead, NHL '94, F1 Grand Prix (Japanese), Slime World (Japanese), Star Cruiser (Japanese), (all complete except F1 GP), $20 for all

Guy originally wanted $30 for this one, but came down to $20 for me. This is my first Mega Drive system, and while I don't have a lot of use for it, it's a neat addition to my collection. I love finding import stuff locally.

Just a couple more things coming up...

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Odds and ends:
    GBA AC adapter, 50c
    GEN (Model 2) RF unit, $2
    DVD Resident Evil Code Veronica X: Wesker's Report, $2
    DC Dreamcast mouse (new), $2
    Linksys Wireless G Range Expander, $3

This is my second copy of Wesker's Report, my first copy includes the original sleeve. This one has several light scratches all over the playing surface, but I let it play all the way through and it never skipped or froze once.

NES Miracle Piano Teaching system (missing pedal, cartridge, and Miracle cable), $27

Not sure if I overpaid on this one or not. I know the cable is notoriously hard to find, but I haven't laid eyes on one of these in the box (the NES-labled box, no less) since it was in stores, so I bought it anyway. The game was actually missing too, but I already had it in my collection, so I'll keep it with the piano from now on. I actually almost left this behind because it takes up too much dang space and I'll likely never use it - especially if I can't find the cable for a low price. Everything is in wonderful condition. I hooked it up when I got home and it sounds great, for what it is. The speakers still sound crisp and clean with no distortion.

The seller wanted $40 but it was late in the day and I figured he didn't want to store it any longer. I offered $25, he countered with $30, I again offered $25 and he came back with $27. Close enough.

The piano, MD2, and Sports DC were probably my favorite finds this go-round. If only I had a house big enough to display all this stuff!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

Checked out the local thrift, and as I was browsing the employee put out a black dreamcast sega sports edition right in front of me onto the shelf. I smiled and grabbed it. It was marked 9.99 and came with the controller and plugs. he said he tested it and it works. Im happy with it.

How many black dreamcast systems were produced? are they rare at all?
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damaramu View Post
    ^Nice! I think I've seen the guy you got it from!

Now tell me, can you still use regular A/V (red/white/yellow) cables with it?
    Yup, sure can! I'll actually be using them until I upgrade to hi-def. The seller always has various NEC systems for sale, but this was the only boxed Duo-R that he had at the moment, so I was like 'yoink'!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

Pick up the castlevania chronicles I left at the pawn shop the other day, luckily they still had it for $8.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Well, I don't think it's a matter of price, rather a matter of rarity. Lawnmower Man isn't good, so you won't get much for it.

That makes absolutely zero sence in a collecting community...

Go try to play Night Trap.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Quote Originally Posted by allyourblood View Post
    Well, it's been a Sega-kinda weekend (click pics for full-size):

12 SNES games with dust covers: Brawl Brothers, Firepower 2000, Peace Keepers, Hook, Street Fighter II Turbo, Super Ninja Boy, TMNT: Tournament Fighters, Robocop 3, Mega Man X, Battletoads/Double Dragon, Pocky & Rocky, SMW2: Yoshi's Island, $32 for all

My sister actually found these for me. She called me up and started reading off the titles. After about she read about 5, I told her to buy them all. They're in excellent condition and every game includes a dust cover.

Model 1 Sega Genesis (TMSS)
    Sega Dreamcast Sports Edition, $5 for both

As you can see from the photo, these are both kinda scuffed up. They both work flawlessly, though. I own a Sports DC already, but now I've got sort of a "beater" that I can leave hooked up all the time, keeping the one I bought new safe in its box.

360 Borderlands (complete), $16

Not much to say about this one. I've been wanting to play this game for a while, but didn't want to pay much for it. I still might've overpaid since this game has been out for a while and may be due for a price-drop. I'm gonna try to start this one tonight. The kid I bought it from said he played it for about two hours and hated it. We'll see.

Nintendo Top Secret Password Player's Guide
    Super Mario Advance Perfect Guide
    Resident Evil 2 Official Guide, $2 for all

The seller was originally asking $1 each on the guides, but these are all kinda beat-up, so I offered $2 for all three. I don't think I own them yet. Actually, I might already have that password guide. I'll have to check.

Japanese Dreamcast console, $3

Walked up to a sale and saw this lying on a table. No games, no cords; I asked. I didn't even intend to buy it, but I picked it up anyway and looked it over just for the heck of it. The bottom label looked funny at first, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I looked at it from the back and saw that the power input was the "figure 8" style, unlike the US version which has that "circle/square" thing going on. It also has no modem. Confused, I looked at the label again and caught it: NTSC J. Nice. Guy wanted five bucks, I offered three, he accepted. Took it home and plugged it in; works like a charm.

XB Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    XB Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams
    XB Stubbs the Zombie: Rebel Without a Pulse, $12 for all

Finally, I own a copy of Morrowind. You would not believe how many times I have passed on this game. Probably about a dozen. I have not seen this game for less than 8 bucks until now. My previous copy of SH2 was missing the manual, so now I have a nice, complete one. These were originally $5 each; I offered 12 for all three which was accepted.

26 NES games: Gauntlet, Legacy of the Wizard, Batman, Adventures of Dino Riki, Dragon Spirit, Dragon Warrior, Tetris, 1942, Faxanadu, Kid Niki, Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, Ultima: Exodus, Jaws, Top Gun: Second Mission (x2), Shingen the Ruler, Section Z, SMB, Slalom, The Karate Kid, F-117A Stealth Fighter, Silent Service, Stinger, Metroid, Genghis Khan, Conquest of the Crystal Palace (with manual), $10

These were laying out in two stacks. As I walked up, another guy was already digging through them. Most of them were upside down in their sleeves, but I flipped a couple over and saw some I needed for my collection. I held up a few in my hand asked how much. Interestingly, when the seller said "a dollar each", the guy next to me set down the one in his hand, stood up and walked off! Apparently that was too rich for his blood. Without counting or bothering to check which games they were, I asked how much the seller would take for all of them. He thought about it for a few seconds and asked, "10 dollars?". Sounds good to me! I paid as quick as I could and my friend helped me scoop them all up. For fun, we didn't check anymore of the titles until we got home. There are a few duds, but there are also more than a handful that I didn't already own, so it was a killer find no matter what.

Sega Mega Drive 2 (Japanese) w/2 controllers, AV cable, power cord, and 8 games:

Spider-Man, Bulls vs. Lakers, Mortal Kombat II, Beavis & Butthead, NHL '94, F1 Grand Prix (Japanese), Slime World (Japanese), Star Cruiser (Japanese), (all complete except F1 GP), $20 for all

Guy originally wanted $30 for this one, but came down to $20 for me. This is my first Mega Drive system, and while I don't have a lot of use for it, it's a neat addition to my collection. I love finding import stuff locally.

Just a couple more things coming up...

Borderlands for $16 was a steal! You'll love the game and the kid you bought it off that said he hated it was on crack.

Gongrats on that because I don't see it dipping to a $20 price tag any time soon....

Edied: Actually after looking over your whole haul you got some really nice games for cheap. Stubbs was a riot at the time it came out, also hard to find a copy under $20 to this day.
    Last edited by The Shawn; 05-26-2010 at 02:54 PM.