Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2010 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some new games arrived the last couple of days.

Visit my blog at www.retrogaminglife.com ^_^ You won't regret it!

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Are you sure you saw a UMD version? I just got back from the Fry's near my office here in Burbank and they had probably 20 copies of the voucher version and I asked an employee to check their computer and it didn't show any second SKU or new stock of the game anywhere in their system.

Having said that, in looking at the case picture posted, it does have the newer PSP game logo on top and a reference to IGN 2009 Game of the Year which didn't happen until December 2009. I don't believe the Mexican case has those two features. As such, I am hopeful that the OP has in fact discovered a newly released UMD version of the game. This is very exciting!

I asked if my parents could swing by our local Fry's (Fremont, CA) last night and let me know if the copies were like the posted pics. They were. They had 8 or 9 copies. I had my mom pick me up a few of them and i'll have them sometime this weekend. I will look them over then and post pics if needed/compare to the DL version case. I did get extras. Let me know if you're in need of one.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OMFG...
    I went into a meeting this afternoon and misinterpreted the time for an eBay auction. Auction ended 2 minutes before I got out of my meeting for Lawnmower Man, NIB for Sega CD for $18.

*cry*

Ahh well, I got a great deal already so it was someone else's turn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bought from a friend that's clearing out his collection:

Goldstar 3DO System (CIB)

Bandai Pippin:
    SD Gundam Wars (CIB)

Casio Loopy:
    Dream Change (CIB)

Casio PV-1000 System (CIB)

Funtech Super A Can:
    Super Taiwanese Baseball League (CIB)

NEC TurboExpress System (CIB)

Nintendo:
    Pokemon Mini [Green - Chikorita] (CIB)
    Satellaview (BS-X) System (CIB)

Tomy Pyuuta Pyuuta Jr:
    System (CIB)
    Traffic Jam (CIB)
    Turpin (CIB)

Action Max:
    System (CIB)
    .38 Ambush Alley (NIB)
    Hydrosub: 2021 (NIB)
    Rescue of Pops Ghostly (NIB)
    Sonic Fury (NIB)

Also forgot to add in a Sega SG1000 system (CIB).

Not cheap, but well worth the price!
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

I wants to get out to yard sale so badly but am going to a con this week so will have to wait

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allyourblood View Post
    NES Miracle Piano Teaching system (missing pedal, cartridge, and Miracle cable), $27

Not sure if I overpaid on this one or not. I know the cable is notoriously hard to find, but I haven't laid eyes on one of these in the box (the NES-labled box, no less) since it was in stores, so I bought it anyway. The game was actually missing too, but I already had it in my collection, so I'll keep it with the piano from now on. I actually almost left this behind because it takes up too much dang space and I'll likely never use it - especially if I can't find the cable for a low price. Everything is in wonderful condition. I hooked it up when I got home and it sounds great, for what it is. The speakers still sound crisp and clean with no distortion.

The seller wanted $40 but it was late in the day and I figured he didn't want to store it any longer. I offered $25, he countered with $30, I again offered $25 and he came back with $27. Close enough.
    I don't know the current prices of these things but for one with a box you got a great deal, I'm sure you could resell it for much more if you ever wanted to. The cables do seem to be missing often, I bought a Miracle Piano about four years ago and it was missing all the cables including the power cable. But anyway, I just checked eBay's recent completed listings and a miracle piano cable (To hook the piano to the NES) Sold for $30.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NES-Nintendo-Mir...item45f2eebbec

I think NoahsMyBro has a tutorial to make a piano to system cable so there's an alternative if you have the time.

Austin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 98PaceCar View Post
    Tomy Pyuuta Pyuuta Jr:
    System (CIB)
    Absolutely beautiful.

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Shawn View Post
    Borderlands for $16 was a steal! You'll love the game and the kid you bought it off that said he hated it was on crack.

Gongrats on that because I don't see it dipping to a $20 price tag any time soon....

Edied: Actually after looking over your whole haul you got some really nice games for cheap. Stubbs was a riot at the time it came out, also hard to find a copy under $20 to this day.
    Thanks!

I started Borderlands last night and I've now put about 6 hours into it. I haven't completed a 360 game in ages, so I was hoping this game would keep my interest. So far, it has. I also was hoping this game might fill the void left behind after completing Fallout 3. I don't find it to be a better game, but it'll make a nice segue into New Vegas later this year.

One thing that's driving me crazy right now is having to make repeated trips into Skag Gulley. I think I completed the last quest in there, but it becomes irritating after a while; I'm sick of those things.

I think the kid that bought it must have thought it was going to be a straight-up FPS, run & gun-type game. My brother-in-law thought so yesterday when he was watching me play. I had to explain that it's a much more methodical game, with leveling and classes. After about an hour, he became pretty interested in it as well. So far, nice game.

Quote Originally Posted by Slate View Post
    I don't know the current prices of these things but for one with a box you got a great deal, I'm sure you could resell it for much more if you ever wanted to. The cables do seem to be missing often, I bought a Miracle Piano about four years ago and it was missing all the cables including the power cable. But anyway, I just checked eBay's recent completed listings and a miracle piano cable (To hook the piano to the NES) Sold for $30.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NES-Nintendo-Mir...item45f2eebbec

I think NoahsMyBro has a tutorial to make a piano to system cable so there's an alternative if you have the time.

Austin
    Thanks for the info, Austin. I thought maybe the cable was the most expensive part of the MPTS, so I was worried I might've overpaid. I looked at a couple auctions and saw some unboxed keyboards (with no accessories) go for a bit more than I paid, so I think you're right. Sort of silly either way, as it's honestly going to sit in its box forever (or at least until I get a bigger house!), but again, it was just too uncommon for me to pass up.

I might break down and build that cable just for fun. I mean, how many people out there can say that they've actually played their Miracle Piano cartridge?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I might break down and build that cable just for fun. I mean, how many people out there can say that they've actually played their Miracle Piano cartridge?
    *waves hand frantically*
    I had two of the boxes and found out there were two box variants...had no clue! One actually has the Seal of Quality printed on the box, one has the black sticker like you have.

I sold the Seal of Quality box to a forum member here since it was beat up and I used another set to make mine CIB... the foot pedal is the hardest item to find.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Kisuragi View Post
    *waves hand frantically*
    I had two of the boxes and found out there were two box variants...had no clue! One actually has the Seal of Quality printed on the box, one has the black sticker like you have.

I sold the Seal of Quality box to a forum member here since it was beat up and I used another set to make mine CIB... the foot pedal is the hardest item to find.
    Woah, that's the first time I've ever heard of there being two boxes. Do you remember if the printed seal version has the proper NES graphics on the back? This one shows screens from the PC software.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Find of the day

Tropico 3 PC - $25
    Need for Speed Undercover - $0.99
    Command & Conquer 3 - $4.99
    Neogeo Pocket with 2 games - $20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScourDX View Post
    Neogeo Pocket with 2 games - $20
    What?!

Nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

What?!

Nice.
    The guy who sold it to me said the NGP was busted. That's why it was cheap. When I got home and add the battery, it was working. I think the seller didn't bother to hold down the power button.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I only hit two thrifts today since I had a lot of other errands to take care of. All I picked up were three LCD handhelds: The Empire Strikes Back, Ninja Gaiden, and Golden Axe. Only Ninja Gaiden still has it's battery door.

Why do kids in thrifts have to take off the battery doors of things they find? I'll find a battery operated device missing the door, and occasionally I'll find the door scattered somewhere else. Why can't the little demons leave crap alone? And if something's battery powered and the batteries still have a charge, most of the time I'll find it running. I'll switch whatever it is off, come back in five minutes, and see that it's been switched back on and abandoned again. Damn, I hate thrift store kids.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Woah, that's the first time I've ever heard of there being two boxes. Do you remember if the printed seal version has the proper NES graphics on the back? This one shows screens from the PC software.
    Ask peachstapler...I never looked at the graphics to be honest. I just remember seeing the printed Gold Seal of Quality on the front of the box.

I have a picture of the two boxes showing the different seals, but I don't think I took a picture of the backs. I'll upload it when I get home tonight.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lot sale again:

Family Dog (SNES, R5), Picture label Space War (2600, R2), and a slim PS2 power supply missing the end generic plug thing - $0.50 a piece.

Also got a nice condition complete jewel case copy of King's Quest VI for $0.50. Errr this is like my 4th copy of this game. I started with one loose, then a boxed copy, then I found a sealed jewel case version (pack-in with something I think), and now this. It's such a great game that I don't mind having 4 copies of it. If I could only find more copies of the other 7 KQ games.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Thanks!

I started Borderlands last night and I've now put about 6 hours into it. I haven't completed a 360 game in ages, so I was hoping this game would keep my interest. So far, it has. I also was hoping this game might fill the void left behind after completing Fallout 3. I don't find it to be a better game, but it'll make a nice segue into New Vegas later this year.

One thing that's driving me crazy right now is having to make repeated trips into Skag Gulley. I think I completed the last quest in there, but it becomes irritating after a while; I'm sick of those things.

I think the kid that bought it must have thought it was going to be a straight-up FPS, run & gun-type game. My brother-in-law thought so yesterday when he was watching me play. I had to explain that it's a much more methodical game, with leveling and classes. After about an hour, he became pretty interested in it as well. So far, nice game.

Don't worry about Skag gully, after you go through the game once and have ZOMG weapons and level up you can choose what walk through you want to play through and if you choose the first one they will be at the same level. You'll be popping their heads open with 1 Level 40+ repeater slug. It's actually quite fun to do!

Also, don't forget to get the add-on disk of The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned and Mad Moxi's Underdome Riot. It's only $20 and well worth the one-time installation.

Whoops, slight topic derailment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Been awhile since I've posted, but Half Price Books has a Memorial Weekend sale - 20% off everything! So if you have a HPB locally go check out the sale that goes Thursday through Monday. I picked up these:

Super Smash Bros. (N64) $9.98
    Bomberman Hero (N64) $9.98
    Aerobiz (SNES) $5.98
    Mega Man (GB) $5.98
    SUper Mario Land (GB) $5.98

All prices were 20% off these prices

Open Season (Xbox) complete $5.98
    Total Immersion Racing (Xbox) complete $5.98
    Test Drive Off-Road Wide Open (Xbox) complete $5.98
    WipeOut (PS) - long box complete $3.98
    Rayman (PS) - long box complete $3.98
    Air Combat (PS) - long jewel case complete $3.98

Again, all of these were 20% off these prices.

GET OUT TO YOUR HALF PRICE BOOKS THIS WEEKEND!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Today's finds:

Alien Vs Predator 2 Expansion Pack (disc in case with inserts)
    Mario's Game Gallery (disc in case with inserts)

$2 for both.

I skipped Monday and Wednesday's flea markets. I was broke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

A few things today...

The 3 Genesis games (all complete)...$1.99 each.
    Dragon Riders...$13.99 (never have seen this in the wild)
    God of War 3 (new)...$14.99 from Amazon (via a $20 Amazon GC)
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)