Thread: Anyone else having Priority Mail problems?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone else having Priority Mail problems?

I dropped off nine packages prelabeled with PayPal Priority Mail postage at the post office on Monday (a week ago). Five of them were delivered within 2-3 days, but four of them still haven't shown up according to Delivery Confirmation and the buyers are getting antsy.

I'm hoping the postal system is just swamped and they'll show up today or tomorrow, but was curious if anyone else was experiencing slow Priority packages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    kejoriv

That is guaranteed to happen this time of year.
    Priority packages are getting delivered even on Sundays, because they have soo much to deliver.
    Tell your bidders not too worry and dont have a cow man.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had one guy give me a negative the other day because the postal service delayed his package, and another give me a neutral because he "received" it 7 days after he paid for it????

People are VERY impatient this time of year. They were BOTH shipped Priority Mail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    kejoriv

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    I had one guy give me a negative the other day because the postal service delayed his package, and another give me a neutral because he "received" it 7 days after he paid for it????

People are VERY impatient this time of year. They were BOTH shipped Priority Mail.
    Maybe talk with them, and they will withdraw the feedback.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I shipped out a package via Parcel Post on the 2nd, and it left California on the 10th.

The local post office guys told me that they're swamped with work. It's to be expected right now, you know? I've added disclaimers to my auctions so people don't complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I've added disclaimers to my auctions so people don't complain.
    Good plan, but some customers will still complain. It's all part of selling at this time of year. You make more money and people are more impatient. I feel it's a worthwhile tradeoff, and if I get an unjust neg or neu, so be it.

Here's an insider tip: Priority Mail items really do have higher priority when it comes to them being shipped and received once you mail them. Mail clerks can hold Parcel Post items for days (almost always on Mondays in December), while Priority are the first ones given to the carriers to deliver. So if you want your items to arrive with the best chance of being on time, use Priority.
    ________
    Sick From Prilosec
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have several items that have not been delivered yet. Some were sent priority and others were sent parcel post. I sure hope that they arrive this week. The buyers just keep emailing me. I can't control the speed of the post office.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't any of you guys use delivery confirmation? It can costs up to $.60 a package depending on method of post.. but it's worth it. I just figure it into my S&H costs. The day my packages go out.. I come home and enter the DC #'s through Paypal (no PP.. you can always e-mail it to them). Once a buyer get's that.. as far as I'm concerned.. it's no longer my problem. It shows I mailed it.. end of story. If it doesn't get to them in the alloted time it SHOULD take (buyers are 98% of the time cheap and ALWAYS opt for the cheapest method offered) for the method they choose.. they can take it up with the post office. I don't mean to sound like a hardass.. but honestly.. I NEVER get complaints of postage time and I always use delivery confirmation; and yes.. my feedback rating is just fine: 718+'s w/99.6% rating.
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scorch56 View Post
    Don't any of you guys use delivery confirmation?
    Um, yeah. I use it all the time since it's actually free from PayPal and provides me some proof I sent the package.

The problem is, for anxious buyers, that Delivery Confirmation is not really tracking. The online status says "Electronic Shipping Information Received" once the label is printed on PayPal, regardless of whether I've actually taken it to the Post Office or not. Then it only updates when it is finally delivered.

As far as an anxious Christmas mom knows, the box is still sitting on my desk waiting for me to take it to the Post Office. When it takes a week for Priority Mail, Delivery Confirmation doesn't help.

BTW, the packages I was referring to in the first post have all been delivered as of yesterday. No problems, just 2-3x as long as advertised.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scorch56 View Post
    Don't any of you guys use delivery confirmation?
    It says right there on the first post he used Delivery Confirmation.

...but four of them still haven't shown up according to Delivery Confirmation

Strawberry (Level 2) tornadostormxl's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If it priority is that slow then i wonder how slow first class will be,

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Priority mail is the same as first class, first class mail only applies on packages that weigh less than 13 ounces. People need to realize this is the time of year that the post office is swamped. Simple as that.

Danny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    Priority mail is the same as first class, first class mail only applies on packages that weigh less than 13 ounces.
    This is incorrect. Priority and First Class are NOT the same. I mail many lighter items via First Class and it is cheaper and takes longer than if I were to use Priority. Yes, First Class can be used for items that light, but ANYTHING can be mailed Priority (except for massively heavy packages).
    ________
    Cascade Shade Zerg
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:40 PM.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by GM80 View Post
    Um, yeah. I use it all the time since it's actually free from PayPal and provides me some proof I sent the package.

The problem is, for anxious buyers, that Delivery Confirmation is not really tracking. The online status says "Electronic Shipping Information Received" once the label is printed on PayPal, regardless of whether I've actually taken it to the Post Office or not. Then it only updates when it is finally delivered.

As far as an anxious Christmas mom knows, the box is still sitting on my desk waiting for me to take it to the Post Office. When it takes a week for Priority Mail, Delivery Confirmation doesn't help.

BTW, the packages I was referring to in the first post have all been delivered as of yesterday. No problems, just 2-3x as long as advertised.
    And this is why I don't use Paypal shipping. While it may be cheaper, it's very risky because the item rarely shows up as being shipped, even when you take it to the post office. I'd rather spend the time in line to make sure the item has been properly tagged, scanned, and accepted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic