Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: THE rarest Gamecube game?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, unfortunately the game is sealed and I'm going to leave it that way, as I already have the individual games to play. If I had to guess, it would be like the Zelda: OoT/MQ + Wind Waker combo disc which has two discs and two manuals. The only part that's not standard is the case insert.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wind waker/metroid prime was a pack-in with the platinum system, according to this thread.

this ebay auction shows the contents.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the info. And, yeah, probably not rare at all but still pretty neat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

Some games that are a pain to find in my area include:

- Any of the Phantasy Star Online games
    The only places that sell new games in my town are Wal-Mart and Gamestop. Wal-Mart never sold it, and I've only ever seen Episode III and Episodes I & II once at Gamestop (Wasn't interested in EpIII at the time (It was only $20, though), and EpI&II was still $50).

- Tube Slider
    Never even heard of it until they joked about it on X-Play

- NCAA Basketball 2K3
    'Nuff said

- Cubavore
    Only seen it once.
    Last edited by PentiumMMX; 01-16-2008 at 11:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tube Slider is somewhat uncommon around here, but not hard to find by any means.

Cubivore became a common sight after reprints started popping up at GameStop (sold as used copies, unsurprisingly). It seemed like every GS around here had at least one copy. But that was quite a while ago and I haven't spotted a copy anywhere for months.
    Last edited by DigitalSpace; 01-16-2008 at 11:29 PM.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PentiumMMX View Post
    - Any of the Phantasy Star Online games
    'round these parts, PSO III is a bitch to find as well. About a year or two ago I stumbled on a beat up copy at EB Games for $20 or $30 and passed on it and it wasn't until about 2 weeks ago that I found another one. Turned it up at GameRush for $10 in spiffy condition (odd, because most games there are in crap condition and/or missing their manuals)

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Again must be a regional thing... Chicago land was swimming in PSO III while the Cube was still well stocked on the shelves.

Insert Coin (Level 0) eternalblue81's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PSO III seems rather uncommon, but periodically shows up at random Gamestops in my area. Once in a great while I'll see Phantasy Star Episode I & II. The hardest to find GCN Phantasy Star has got to be Phantasy Star Episode I & II Plus. I haven't seen that one since they sold out of new copies when it first came out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    gutpocket

I have said it in one thread and I will say it in this one again. I think Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix is one of the rarest. I saw it the day it came out(everywhere around here sold out of pre orders). I saw it again when it was reprinted(1 copy 1 place). and about a year ago I found a copy at Toys R Us my friend who worked there said it was in the back for a while and they found it. I also saw 1 used copy. Of course I own 3 copys now(1 sealed) but I think it is def one of the hardest to find.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xfrumx View Post
    I have said it in one thread and I will say it in this one again. I think Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix is one of the rarest. I saw it the day it came out(everywhere around here sold out of pre orders). I saw it again when it was reprinted(1 copy 1 place). and about a year ago I found a copy at Toys R Us my friend who worked there said it was in the back for a while and they found it. I also saw 1 used copy. Of course I own 3 copys now(1 sealed) but I think it is def one of the hardest to find.
    There are craptons available on ebay, and loose discs are available everywhere. It will get harder and harder to find a complete set as time goes by. Since the reprint, this is merely uncommon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seems hard enough to get one new in the box for the original full price or less, dang it. Still hoping to find one...
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by xfrumx View Post
    I had my wife drive around buying them when it was first discontinued. We got 9 of them I think. We debating holding or selling but quickly sold once we found out about another shipment. Well we got some of those as well and re-sold them. They were out of print back in print more than once. However I did notice that the boxes were different from the 1st and all later runs. I'm guessing the 1st print run boxes will one day command a premium. Right now no one cares.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Just grabbed a WW/MP combo off eBay last night for $43... not too bad I guess, just randomly decided to search for it yesterday and there was one about to finish. Missing the WW manual but if needs be I can order that from the Nintendo store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    gutpocket

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari View Post
    I had my wife drive around buying them when it was first discontinued. We got 9 of them I think. We debating holding or selling but quickly sold once we found out about another shipment. Well we got some of those as well and re-sold them. They were out of print back in print more than once. However I did notice that the boxes were different from the 1st and all later runs. I'm guessing the 1st print run boxes will one day command a premium. Right now no one cares.
    What is the differences on the boxes? I will have to look at mine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Just grabbed a WW/MP combo off eBay last night for $43... not too bad I guess, just randomly decided to search for it yesterday and there was one about to finish. Missing the WW manual but if needs be I can order that from the Nintendo store.
    Just wondering what did you search for when you were looking for it?

I can never seem to find it on ebay

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I think you guys are getting screwed. I got my combo from Gamestop for the combined cost of a used Wind Waker and a used Metroid Prime (about $18). Granted, mine didn't come with any paperwork but that's not exactly hard to replace since they're just the standard manuals. Being that the game was a pack-in it's probably not that rare and since the contents aren't any different than what comes with Prime or Wind Waker separately...that's over $20 for an insert and double disc case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I always look through the Gamecube stuff at any game store I visit, and I have never seen a Wind Waker/MP combo in the wild.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    I think you guys are getting screwed. I got my combo from Gamestop for the combined cost of a used Wind Waker and a used Metroid Prime (about $18). Granted, mine didn't come with any paperwork but that's not exactly hard to replace since they're just the standard manuals. Being that the game was a pack-in it's probably not that rare and since the contents aren't any different than what comes with Prime or Wind Waker separately...that's over $20 for an insert and double disc case.
    I posted this in another thread similar to this:

I found one in one of my many local Gamestop's for the awesome sum of $18.00. What's weird about that is apparently they have never gotten this game in before, because they had two price stickers on it. They charged me as if I bought Metroid Prime and LOZ:Wind Wakers seperately($4.99 and $12.99 respectively). I thought this was a rip off, so I said no thanks and left. But after thinking about how I'd never seen this before--I went back for it later that day. So for anyone looking for this game, call your local Gamestop/EB and ask if they have any in stock. I'm sure they have to pop up from time to time. Unless I just got super lucky.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSpace View Post
    I always look through the Gamecube stuff at any game store I visit, and I have never seen a Wind Waker/MP combo in the wild.
    Keep looking. You'll find one eventually. But with this many people looking for them I wonder how much I could get for a factory sealed copy?
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

I've never seen either combo in the wild either (and that's multiple trips over the space of 2-3 years to 20-30 different shops) hence having to rely on eBay here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothars View Post
    Just wondering what did you search for when you were looking for it?
    I just searched for <"Wind Waker" "Metroid Prime" Gamecube> string with "search in description" turned on and looking in any country. Sure that means having to ignore all the PAL ones, but I have gotten a couple of rare US Cube titles (Jedi Knight 2, Bust a Move 3000) from the UK before, so it's worth it sometimes. Maybe I just got lucky spotting one copy that had about 12 hours left on it.

Now trying to find the WW/MQ combo is a lot more searching effort because the stand along MQ disc has a WW demo on it, so you have to try and ignore all of those hits... plus early PAL copies had the same setup as well (both discs inside one case).