Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

seriously, I understand this is the internet and we're all sensitive and made of glass,

ks, don't change how you post.
    couple people who are butt hurt? it takes 2 seconds to scroll past a few pictures, fucking deal with it! its not hard!, Its not th 90s where we're all on dialup and it doesn't take 5 minutes to load a single jpeg.

I am not a big fan of modern gaming "finds" that people buy new at gamestop, I could care less, but you know I just scroll past those posts and look at all the other stuff and comment on interesting things nowadays.

The variety of what differnt people find in this thread is half the fun of it all,it'd get pretty boring if it was all "wow i found god of war for 30 cents less than it usualy is heres a picture!"

*gets off his soap box and runs off to go find stuff at thrift stores*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    It's all about how you ask. Be a douchebag about it, and I won't listen to you. But if you're polite? Then I'll listen.

I'll probably just mention them in text, not pictures - or just link to the picture of the CDs to save space in the thread. Like today, I only found two music CDs, and I wasn't planning on mentioning them or making a post about it. I didn't find anything particularly interesting or weird, anyway.

Is that okay?
    I DEMAND to see your posts and weird finds in this thread, WITH PICTURES. period !.
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Apart from the fact that i don't really care about this thread A LOT, i find it kinda not cool when ppl post rubbish and cables.. and some playstation keypads and elephant poop for 2$.. and.....
    It's always interesting to see when ppl find rare stuff in the wild, like a snatcher for 1$ and something like that. But casual stuff which hardly even worth 1$. Well , not for me i guess
    OWNER: http://www.sealedvideogames.net
    My Rpg Collection
    Always looking for FACTORY SEALED snes and sega and psx RPG's.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We seem to have this argument once every year, and it always ends the same way. The finds thread is what it is. There's nothing in particular that's accomplished by making it strictly games-only, and there's nothing lost by allowing the other random finds. The finds thread is where we talk about what we found at the thrift or flea while looking for games. It's not a gaming price-guide research project or anything that specific.

If we can't agree on that, then maybe we need more specific rules for the finds thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

I find it hard to masturbate to this thread anymore. I SAY KITSUNE DOES WHAT HE WANTS AND EVERYONE ELSE CAN BACK OFF. If he wants to post pictures of any cd he buys fine. You can post about anything you find as well, so if you just bought a ton of new butt plugs and dildos(obviously something is stuck up there) then post away! IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FINDS MAN.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    ebay is the only way to price things in my opinion.
    i was like nice parenting, what are you my therapist, take a walk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Maybe somewhat frowned on to go too away from gaming as it defeats the topic's point. Still it's clear it isn't a problem now. Most users know the kinds of items others here care about which forms an informal consensus on what to post. CDs, DVDs, comics/manga, and home theater items I can understand. Groceries or whatever would be just goofy. If harmlessly off topic.
    Lum fan.

Insert Coin (Level 0) oldtimeygamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Sol View Post
    Apart from the fact that i don't really care about this thread A LOT, i find it kinda not cool when ppl post rubbish and cables.. and some playstation keypads and elephant poop for 2$.. and.....
    It's always interesting to see when ppl find rare stuff in the wild, like a snatcher for 1$ and something like that. But casual stuff which hardly even worth 1$. Well , not for me i guess
    How absurd.Who are you to decide what constitutes a find. Someone may consider a loose Mario/Duck Hunt a find if they don't have one. The thread would only be updated 2 or 3 times a week if it were limited to "rare finds" like Snatcher or Earthbounds for a 1$.

The thread is about seeing what interesting stuff is being found by other thrift store and flea market junkies in other parts of the country/world.
    If someone wants to post CDs or DVDs or records or electronics the rules allow it and I welcome it. Keep it up Kitsume.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Hey guys.

I've lost my marbles. Can you help me find them?

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Hey guys.

I've lost my marbles. Can you help me find them?
    If we find them, is it okay to post it in this thread?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allyourblood View Post
    If we find them, is it okay to post it in this thread?
    I second that
    OWNER: http://www.sealedvideogames.net
    My Rpg Collection
    Always looking for FACTORY SEALED snes and sega and psx RPG's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

Can I start posting pictures of the rocks and flowers I find? I find them all the time for.... DIRT CHEAP.
    ebay is the only way to price things in my opinion.
    i was like nice parenting, what are you my therapist, take a walk

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

edit: it won't let me post what i wanted to.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 04-28-2011 at 07:28 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    We seem to have this argument once every year, and it always ends the same way. The finds thread is what it is. There's nothing in particular that's accomplished by making it strictly games-only, and there's nothing lost by allowing the other random finds. The finds thread is where we talk about what we found at the thrift or flea while looking for games. It's not a gaming price-guide research project or anything that specific.
    Agreed. I always thought this thread was to build on the camaraderie among those that are out on the hunt, walking their beats for games and the other things they find interesting along the way. A "find" is different things to different people. Purchase a copy of a hard to find game at Gamestop? That's a find! Score a killer deal on eBay? That's a find! Acquire something you've wanted for years and finally bit the bullet and bought it? That's a find!

As has been said in the last few posts here before this one, part of these monthly finds threads is about seeing what's out there, what we find and what we pass up while on the hunt. The random craziness of flea markets and thrifts (and the additional oddities found there) is one of the reasons I still go to them, personally.

If you're going to try to split and narc out posts here then you could say the Exertainment fitness bike found last month shouldn't be here since it's technically exercise equipment.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Good gravy, I go away for an evening or two and look at what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post

If we can't agree on that, then maybe we need more specific rules for the finds thread.
    This. With bolded emphasis by me.

This very same argument came up last year and thats why I created the 'rules' sticky.

I'm all for alternative suggestions on splitting threads i.e. games vs non games, but in the time that my sticky was made, nary a person has made one comment, even though I left the sticky open to posting. So I can't help but think that people either got 'it', or just didn't give a fuck.

I've stated before, I could go and post all my 'finds' but I don't think that most people really care to see my weekly swings into GameStop for MOAR DS, or the fanciful clickings I did to wrangle something off Amazon, though I pwn that 'add to card' button like a fucking champ. I don't go out into the great wild of the thrifts or work my way through Craig's List looking for the next killer deal.

Personally i'm not high on the cd's and non-gamey stuff, but as said, if you feel it's a find and want to take the time to post it, then it's your perogative. I've seen some interesting toy finds, some interesting electronics finds and even a few interesting random trinket finds in these threads over the years.

Now thats not to say that you might not want to think about just leaving links for the pics of random non-gaming trinkets along with your write up, instead of a pic of item X but again, we're not at that point yet where i've gone and modified 'The Rules' of the monthly finds thread to make it the law of the land.

So for now, lets keep the +1's out of this thread, and if we've got comments to make, put them in the rules thread, so that the discussion can be kept there away from the finds.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

we're all in agreement yes? good!

GAME ON!

did some thrifting this morning and came home fairly happy:

I forgot how much i love collectable card games, and opening all these boxes was loads of fun.

I generally hate ddr games, but I felt I should add the konami mix to my collection (don't even think I have a dance pad for any system)
    The little enterprise is made of metal and is very heavy. i'm going to go and dig through those cards some more :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carey85 View Post
    Cool story, bro. It all works out, to be honest. Every time I see a Herb Alpert CD listed in the finds thread, it just equates to one less time a month that I visit the website. I understand that you tend to run out of gaming material to talk about after 10 years, but polluting what is supposed to be a thread about gaming finds with irrelevant shit like swing music daily is a prime example of doing it wrong.
    This.
    And this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTalesNES View Post
    I also don't care for the music finds, but I just scroll past them. It's not really affecting my life on a daily basis. However, I love the computer finds as a way of teaching me what is secretly valuable.
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    If you're going to try to split and narc out posts here then you could say the Exertainment fitness bike found last month shouldn't be here since it's technically exercise equipment.
    At least that exercise bike is in some way related to video games which I'm pretty sure what this website is all about. Game soundtracks? Fine by me. Barry Manilow (example)...not very game related.
    Last edited by NipRing; 04-28-2011 at 08:44 PM.
    I love cats but i just cant eat a whole one myself

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzwing256 View Post
    we're all in agreement yes? good!

GAME ON!

did some thrifting this morning and came home fairly happy:

I forgot how much i love collectable card games, and opening all these boxes was loads of fun.

I generally hate ddr games, but I felt I should add the konami mix to my collection (don't even think I have a dance pad for any system)
    The little enterprise is made of metal and is very heavy. i'm going to go and dig through those cards some more :-)
    Heir to the Empire is a freakin' amazing book, part of an even more amazing series. I met Timothy Zahn a few years back and got my copies of Heir and Dark Force Rising signed, he's a really great author. If you like that book, definitely read the next two. I'd equate them to what Star Wars 7, 8, and 9 would be if they were made. Simply fantastic.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Heir to the Empire is a freakin' amazing book, part of an even more amazing series. I met Timothy Zahn a few years back and got my copies of Heir and Dark Force Rising signed, he's a really great author. If you like that book, definitely read the next two. I'd equate them to what Star Wars 7, 8, and 9 would be if they were made. Simply fantastic.
    oh its one of my favorate book series, when I moved out to vegas I had to leave my books behind, I was pretty happy to find it again (I plan on re-reading it and re-aquring the other two), its one of the things (the card game as well) that really re-invigored star wars for mde again in the early 90s.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

If you like Zahn at all, you should really read his Conqueror's trilogy. Fantastic story.