Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your most amazing videogame accomplishment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finishing the first few sections of Superman 64 without losing my mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mEgAsHoT View Post
    This may not seem like much, but beating Crazy Taxi 2's final challenge is a major accomplishment for me. You have to drop off 30 customers to any destination on the Small Apple course. You get to choose the route. What makes this extremely hard is the fact that they only give you 5-6 minutes to do this, and, if you don't plan your route ahead of time, you'll end up failing the mission. Add to the fact that the course is curvy, twisty, and packed with traffic (not to mention the arrow sometimes messes up), and this makes it one of the hardest challenges in Crazy Taxi. Passing this lets you have the ability to use the Crazy Taxi 1 drivers on any course, which is a great bonus for having to sit through this insanely hard challenge.
    I tried to do that in Crazy taxi 3. I couldn't do it.

My favorite accomplishments are being the first to find glitches and getting every achievement in Dead Rising.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Smile

Finally building a working digital 5200 controller.

I've actually hit 20,000 in Berzerk. And the difference in Mario Bros., Qix, Defender, and Ms. Pac-Man is really something.

By the way, I now have a photo of it and the 5200 paddle controller, so if anyone here can post it here, I'll send it over.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Beating the last boss in kof 2001 without service. He's hard as hell for me.

Insert Coin (Level 0) minefield's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've completed Time Crisis II on the arcade without getting shot before. Actually I've done that 4 times now - fun game
    When you're through changing, you're through

Insert Coin (Level 0) KeyserSoze61's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Beating Bangai-O. I nearly broke a damn DC controller on the last boss. Took me freaking forever. One fine Treasure game.
    Last edited by KeyserSoze61; 05-27-2007 at 01:13 AM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The two that come to my mind are:

Beating Battletoads losing only one life (at the last stage, I OWNED all of them until that cheap deat, grrrh)

Beating Contra with the initial 3 lives, without dying, and THEN, beating it 7 more times without stopping. For those who donīt know, the game gets harder and harder, they stop giving you lives after an amount of points (I think it was 4 mill), and the enemies take more hits to die. I died at the middle boss of the last stage in my 8th run, coming 400,000 points close to the world record. That was an amazing night, for sure.
    Step Back! This is my blast shot!

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by PsychedelicShaman View Post
    Soloed halo on legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor View Post
    I never understood how this is a special victory. I'm no Halo nut and I've only played it but a few dozen times at other peoples houses. Everyone I know that does own the game have beaten it with pure ease and found it a joke. Same goes with Halo 2, which leaves me to wondering if Halo 3 is supposed to be hard.
    Halo on a normal difficulty isn't hard, A game on Normal difficulty isn't meant to be hard (especially for an off line game). Hard has its moments (few and far between) and Legendary is more of a grind than anything...well except for Level 3 'The Truth and Reconciliation'. Right after you get onto the ship, that is by far the HARDEST part of the game. It took me a while to finally work my way through the 15 waves of bad guys that greet you there.

Now Halo 2 on Legendary? Good fucking luck. If you are not an UBER master at the game, or doing it on Co-Op (or in actuality doing both of the mentioned thing), its practically impossible. Fighting the Prophet of Truth solo on Legendary is an experience in Futility he's so hard.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Insert Coin (Level 0) blackbaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blackbaron4

Mine is probably getting 100% in San Andreas without using cheats.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

My greatest video game conquests are limited to the NES. Nothing here that hasn't been done before by other people.

1. I've beat Super C with one life. That was hard. I've beat it three times with the "default" of 3 lives. My next best performance was beating the game and losing one man.

2. I beat Wizards and Warriors the first night I brought it home, after having just paid $40-50 for it.

3. I also beat Dragon Warrior with a ridiculously low experience level and without using the Game Genie. I can't remember what level it was but I didn't have all of the spells. I was missing at least one. I never even found Erdrick's Sword in that particular adventure. Anyone know what the record for that game is by the way, when it comes to finishing it with the lowest "level"?

4. This isn't mine but it was the coolest achievement I ever saw on the NES with my own eyes (and in person). Four or five years ago, my best friend beat the world champion in Ring King, complete with maxed out stats of 99, while using a new boxer who only had the 9 points that you begin the game with. He didn't knock him out. My friend beat the champion by moving around a lot and lasting until the end. He ended up winning by decision, all because he had hit the champion two times more than the champion hit him. No Game Genie or cheat codes were used. The best thing about it was that the guy was a lousy player who sucked at nearly every video game in existence except Ring King, which was his all-time favorite on the NES.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Knoxximus's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Knoxximus

I beat Blaster Master...that was a feat.

My claim to fame is to be able to waltz through Strider on 1 quarter...1 man. I used to get CROWDS around me in the arcades doing this. If I didnt already have the high score on that machine, I would kill off my extra getting points in the Dino level, then take my last man to the finish. Good times.
    Hardcore gamin' since '75

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

Dunno if I've ever posted it here or not:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=22&p=41347

Nothing really stands out, but it's kinda neat going back and seeing what you scored on games. I think I'm most proud of Yoshi's Cookie -- the fact that I have yet to be dethroned on a semi-popular game is pretty cool. On all my Master System scores, I just barely squeaked past 2nd place. And I doubt that I could ever play that well on Thunder Spirits again.

All these were submitted before all the controversy surrounded TG, and I doubt I'll ever send in another tape again, but it's nice to get some recognition for all this.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

most amazing things....almost all of them revolve around online games

Remained ranked in the top 20 of socom 1 for the ps2 from its release to about a year later when cheaters came around (of course my rank fell terribly once cheaters came)

Was ranked #3 in the socom 2 beta, and #30 in socom 2 retail (yeah socom 3 wasnt too great so nothing great to say aboutthat game..)

I still consider it a huge feat that I put in nearly 3,000 hours into final fantasy 11...

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Insert Coin (Level 0) Master Chu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My best NES accomplishments...

1 - Hitting half a million in Millipede Game B
    2 - Finally breaking the 6:00 mark speedrunning SMB
    3 - Shooting an opponent in Wild Gunman in 0.00 seconds.....twice
    4 - Not much to anyone else, but returning to a long lost round of StarTropics, and finally beating the last boss...15 years later. That shit right there is priceless...

Insert Coin (Level 0) Pilotwings's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Beating ikaruga without continuing and getting huge chains.Getting to master level 3 with 1 life on supermonkeyball expert mode thats 63 levels without dying plus talking super risky shortcuts on most levels.Beat halo on legendary. Maybe not as hard as the other 2 but its still pretty evil and takes a while to do.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everyone who's able to finish Battletoads on the NES got my respect.
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    Halo on a normal difficulty isn't hard, A game on Normal difficulty isn't meant to be hard (especially for an off line game). Hard has its moments (few and far between) and Legendary is more of a grind than anything...well except for Level 3 'The Truth and Reconciliation'. Right after you get onto the ship, that is by far the HARDEST part of the game. It took me a while to finally work my way through the 15 waves of bad guys that greet you there.

Now Halo 2 on Legendary? Good fucking luck. If you are not an UBER master at the game, or doing it on Co-Op (or in actuality doing both of the mentioned thing), its practically impossible. Fighting the Prophet of Truth solo on Legendary is an experience in Futility he's so hard.
    Agreed 100%

Forgot a couple of mine: 100% on GTA 3, lvl 99 ww druid on diablo 2. All 3 diablo 1 characters at lvl 40 or above and beat diablo on hell difficulty.
    Getting to the point where I got mad when I wasn't able to beat Bust-a-Move on MVS with 1 quarter.

My accomplishments are pretty lame in comparison to most people on here, and apparently I do like the grind. Must be the OCD
    Last edited by PsychedelicShaman; 05-30-2007 at 02:56 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sniperCCJVQ View Post
    Everyone who's able to finish Battletoads on the NES got my respect.
    Then we have to come up with another way for me to earn your respect. That damn game gives me ulcers.

Strawberry (Level 2) Wolfrider31's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember playing Metal Gear Solid 2 on Extreme mode. I got all the way to the section just before the last Boss fight where you're being choked and have to press on the square button to survive. Well I did, with one hit left and then it was on to the last boss with just one sliver of power left in my gauge. I did manage to beat him, after the single tensest boss fight I've ever had. I gave myself a cookie.
    Order Pier Solar at www.piersolar.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

played through all of ff7 disc 2 in 30 second intervals.

My copy of the game was terably damaged, and the only way I could find to play it was to put the disc in the freezer for a few minutes till frost covered it, then run it over to the system, pop it in, and play for the couple of seconds it took till all the frost was gone. Once and a while I would get to areas that would run without frost, but the vast majority of the disc I wasnt so lucky with.

Lets just say I wouldn't do it again