Snafu
    B17 Bomber
    Triple Action for the Biplanes
    Happy Trails/Locomotion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Now i can't dispute the original topic starters list since i have never played all the games on the list. But this is my own personal top 25.
    These are just the games i liked the most from when i was a kid. I have not played some of these games since then. Only a few of them. This is by no means meant to the best games for the system. I had a different mind set 27 years ago on what was a good game and a bad game.

These are in order of my most favorite and most played

1. Burger Time: The game packed in with my Intellivision II. The game i played the most of all the games i owned. I recently bought this again and broke all my old records.

2. Slam Dunk Super Pro Basketball or NBA Basketball: Me and a friend wore these 2 games out. If we wanted more of a NBA feel we would throw in Slam Dunk and if wanted more of a college feel we would play NBA. Slam Dunk was ahead of it's time with being able to draft your own players.

3. Body Slam Super Pro Wrestling: A personal favorite of mine since i am such a huge wrestling fan. Also another game way ahead of it's time. Picking your own move set and even the ability to Sim your own matches. This was even better than the Nes wrestling games in my opinion. And i am a fan of those too.

4. Astrosmash: My Avatar should speak for itself. A combination of Asteroids and Space Invaders. I didn't have an Atari so this was the next best thing. I remember playing this for over an hour straight once as a kid.

5. Shark! Shark!: Simple fun game, eat the fish, kill the shark.

6. Beauty & the Beast: A fun Donkey Kong clone. I liked it better than DK because i was actually good at this game. I sucked at DK. I could have fun either trying to break my high score, or getting to the top of the building and falling off on purpose.

7. Thunder Castle: Awesome music, addicting gameplay. Kind of like if Pac-Man was an Adventure game.

8. Tron Deadly Discs: It's like a futuristic game of Dodge Ball. I have seen a review lately that said the Atari version, even though has worse graphics plays smoother and faster. I'm interested in checking it out.

9. Snafu: Maybe one of the most simplistic games ever made and still one of the funnest. Should rank up there with Tetris. I remember having fun just watching the computer play and just seeing who would win. Could be a good betting game like Horse Racing.

10. Night Stalker: I guess this is kind of like Bezerk for the Atari. I don't really have any comments. Just a great game.

11. Super Pro Football: As you can tell i played alot of sports games. My memories of this game aren't as good as others but i do remember playing it a lot with my friend.

12. World Chmpionship Baseball: No comment, just great game

13. Diner: It's the sequel to Burgertime. This game was fun but hard.

14. Centipede: I have no idea how it compares to other console versions but Centipede was my favorite game in the arcade and this was as close as i could get at home so i loved it.

15. Boxing: I know your gonna say this game sucked but i remember having a lot of fun against my friend playing this.

16. Loco Motion: I loved this game but i also sucked at it. I really need to get this again and see how well i am at it today.

17. Lock 'n' Chase: This is a game i was better at as a kid.

18. Skiing: I was real good at this as a kid.

19. Frog Bog: Catching Flies is fun.

20. Poker & Blackjack: Ya i know i can play this on the computer on any site, but this version is still classic.

21. Motocross: Create your own tracks, enough said.

22. He-Man: I love games that has levels where each one is different than others, example being Thunder Castle.

23: Auto Racing: They did a good job with the illusion that your car was going super fast with the rumbling noise and shaking of the screen.

24: Atlantis: I debated this or Demon Attack. Maybe a tie but i think i played this more.

25: Super Pro Hockey: I loved all the sports games

Games i almost added were
    Buzz Bombers
    Demon Attack
    Chip Shot Super Pro Golf

And one game i thought i owned but only have the faintest memories of is Mission X. I am almost positive i owned it but would need to play it again someday to make sure.

Games i never played for the Intellivision but would like to get.

Tropical Trouble
    Pac-Man
    Commando
    Trukin'
    Triple Action
    Stadium Mud Buggies
    Spiker! Super Pro Volley Ball
    Tower of Doom
    The Dreadnaught Factor
    Dragonfire
    Dracula
    I have in my Soul and in my Veins

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rgw825 View Post
    Games i never played for the Intellivision but would like to get.

Tropical Trouble
    Pac-Man
    Commando
    Trukin'
    Triple Action
    Stadium Mud Buggies
    Spiker! Super Pro Volley Ball
    Tower of Doom
    The Dreadnaught Factor
    Dragonfire
    Dracula
    Tropical Trouble isn't all that great, maybe it's just that I 'm not good at it. Pac-Man is weirdly scaled down, maze-wise. Commando is pretty decent, although it doesn't really hold a candle to the NES and Atari 7800 versions. Truckin' is one I can't muster any interest in playing for more than half a minute. Triple action, only good with two players. Stadium Mud Buggies is a pretty good game based on the engine for Motocross, with a lot of variety. Haven't played Volleyball. Tower of Doom is one of the first games I play when I hook up my Intellivision. It was nicknamed by Mattel's marketing morons as "Arcade D&D", basically less brains and more action. They got the balance just right with this one. Dreadnaught Factor - I never got that into this one. Dragonfire is surprisingly fast for an Intellivision game. Dracula I found to be a bit boring. Not all that deep gameplay-wise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the opinions. I am interested in Tropical Trouble because i just found out it's the sequel to Beauty & the Beast. All these years and i didn't know that. Seen one Youtube video of it. Didn't look real special but some reason i still want it. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Thanks for the opinions. I am interested in Tropical Trouble because i just found out it's the sequel to Beauty & the Beast. All these years and i didn't know that. Seen one Youtube video of it. Didn't look real special but some reason i still want it. lol
    Really? A sequel to Beauty & The Beast? I never knew that! There's a Movie Trading Company location on the far side of town that has a lot of Intellivision games including some Imagic titles. If I find Tropical Trouble there, I'll let you know!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool, but at the moment i'm broke. Super broke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Cool, but at the moment i'm broke. Super broke.
    Luckily, at the Movie Trading Company stores, almost everything pre-NES era is at a blanket price of $1.99. They have no clue about rarity. Dammit, I love that about those stores.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish i had a store like that here. The closest one is a whole state away.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Luckily, at the Movie Trading Company stores, almost everything pre-NES era is at a blanket price of $1.99. They have no clue about rarity. Dammit, I love that about those stores.
    That's so funny that any store would still have Intelli games. How odd, and for only $2/game, what's the point? They're not making any money that way. Anyone that would still buy those games would pay a lot more than $2. It's not like they're easy to find anymore. It also says a lot that even giving them away basically free they still have games 25 years after the crash, now that's what I call a slow moving inventory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LarryBrown View Post
    That's so funny that any store would still have Intelli games. How odd, and for only $2/game, what's the point? They're not making any money that way. Anyone that would still buy those games would pay a lot more than $2. It's not like they're easy to find anymore. It also says a lot that even giving them away basically free they still have games 25 years after the crash, now that's what I call a slow moving inventory.
    Movie Trading Company stores used to be exactly as it's name implies, a video store. They've been bought out a few times, a couple of years ago by a company called Vintage Stock. VS sells old video games, so now the MTC stores have started buying and selling classic games for a little over a year. Their computers have rarity lists for NES games and onward, but they don't have any pricing info for anything earlier. Which works for me. I've found all sorts of rares in that place. And each store has totally different stock, so it's like an Easter egg hunt going from store to store. The one in Ft. Worth used to have a couple hundred Atari games. The Garland store? One. Pitfall. I hope they've gotten a few more in since I visited them last summer.

I freakin' love the Movie Trading Company.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do have 1 similar store about 40 miles away from me that is a bookstore that sells Books, Cd's, Dvd's, Video Games. They seem to have a similar pricing scheme to what you describe for the Movie Trading Company. I just have never found any Intellivision stuff. Just some Atari commons. They mark some games at their book value and some things dirt cheap. They sell scratched PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox games for around $5 (even some $20 games) and the scratches are not even that bad most of the time. Got a 6 button Genesis Arcade Stick for $5 and a Dreamcast system for $22. etc. I just wish i'd find some Intellivision stuff.

Insert Coin (Level 0) IntelliDude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    HeavyNova

That's a pretty good list. Mine's rather similar, but here goes (in no particular order):

1. Dig Dug (Good translation--Deadly Dogs easter egg makes it rule!)
    2. Microsurgeon (Fantastic Voyage--way ahead of it's time)
    3. AD&D Cloudy Mountain (still a game I fire up every time I have the INTY out)
    4. Bump & Jump (very playable, very good translation on a system short on arcade titles)
    5. Burgertime (see Bump & Jump)
    6. B-17 Bomber (awesome game; great use of voice synth)
    7. Sub Hunt (completely underrated--felt almost like force feedback when attacked)
    8. Shark! Shark! (so good Feeding Frenzy ripped it off)
    9. Tower of Doom (shows off the system's capability well & lots of fun)
    10. Tron Deadly Discs (I wonder how many hours I pissed away playing this)
    11. Dreadnaught Factor (cool side scroller)
    12. Defender (the only version I ever liked)
    13. Pac Man (whoops the 2600 version's ass with a belt)
    14. Astrosmash (too awesome; Meteor! easter egg is great if you can ever get to it)
    15. Chip Shot Super Pro Golf (set the stage for other golf games)
    16. Hover Force (good game--good graphics for INTY)
    17. Beamrider (totally underrated)
    18. Pinball (great ball physics--lots of fun)
    19. Snafu (beauty in simplicity)
    20. Diner (the only system to have a proper Burgertime sequel--this one's great)
    21. World Championship Baseball (a great step up from the already-awesome MLB)
    22. AD&D Treasures of Tarmin (an excellent preview of dungeon crawlers to come)
    23. Frog Bog (a lot more fun than you might think--referenced in Grandma's Boy)
    24. Utopia (the granddaddy of all God games)
    25. Poker and Blackjack (love the Wayne Newton dealer)

Five worst Intellivision games:
    1. Zaxxon (unplayable)
    2. Pole Position (unplayable)
    3. Maze-a-Tron (I want my money back!)
    4. Space Hawk (I played Asteroids. I loved Asteroids. Space Hawk, you're no Asteroids)
    5. Donkey Kong (poorly made by Coleco to sell more Colecovision units--a nasty trick that worked!)
    That's my list and I'm sticking to it--I'm IntelliDude and I told you so!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, after reading this, I might need to give some more intellivision games a shot. I got my console at a flea market with 16 games, and found them all to be terrible. However, one gem in there was Astrosmash. I picked up Tron Deadly Discs today for $1 at the flea market today because I saw it up here. I haven't played it yet though.

Astrosmash is definatly on my top 25 games in my collection. So, I'd deffinatly put it inthe top 25 Intellivision games.

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanwhile View Post
    Hmm, after reading this, I might need to give some more intellivision games a shot. I got my console at a flea market with 16 games, and found them all to be terrible. However, one gem in there was Astrosmash. I picked up Tron Deadly Discs today for $1 at the flea market today because I saw it up here. I haven't played it yet though.

Astrosmash is definatly on my top 25 games in my collection. So, I'd deffinatly put it inthe top 25 Intellivision games.
    Tron Deadly Discs is an excellent game. I used to be GOOOOOOOOOOD at that one. Played it more than any other game I've owned.

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

>console at a flea market with 16 games, and found them all to be terrible.
    >I picked up Tron Deadly Discs today for $1
    >Astrosmash is definatly on my top 25 games in my collection.
    You should give several Intellivision games a fair chance. They can be fun especially if you're like me and have not been able to get interested in any newer consoles. I don't share your enthusiasm for Astrosmash, I always thought it was junk, but I'm glad you like it.

I wouldn't call Tron Deadly Discs "excellent" by any standard, but it was fun back in the day. It's a slow moving game and that frustrated people even back in 1983. It's also shallow, no depth. In order to have fun, you'll need to appreciate all the (few) features it offers (using your disc as a shield, recalling your disc early, blocking open the doors, teleporting, and hitting the recognizer). If you don't have/read the book you may be ignoring features and thus not giving the game a fair shot. You'll need to get good enough to start battling the purple guys and they don't come until many levels in...like other games, it becomes more fun only after you get pretty good at it. Try to block every attacker's disc before you deprogram (kill) him, that gives you double points.

You've read all these posts, but here are some Intellivision games that are good if you give them a chance, in approximate order of newbie fun. Unfortunately, just like back in 1983, you'll usually need an interested/talented playmate to enjoy. Intellivision games are not that easy to master, that's what makes this system better.

Burgertime
    Triple-action Biplanes (ignore the cars and tanks, they're junk).
    Sea Battle
    Dungeons and Dragons (so called "Cloudy Mountain," not "Treasure of Tarmin")
    Snafu
    Loco-motion (more rare title)
    Lock-n-chase (if you have any decent version of Pac-man then Lock-n-Chase has little to offer)

Don't bother with these:
    Armor Battle
    Auto Racing
    Most any non-Mattel title

Post here the list of the 16 titles that you have and I'll give you my opinions.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, it's so rare that I want to register for a forum to respond to a 10-year old thread. But, well ... here I am!

As a youngster I must say that I was an intellivision junkie. My mom bought Intellivision for my brother and me for Christmas in 1981, with the included Poker&Blackjack, plus Armor Battle and Astrosmash. Many people posting their lists here regrettably omit the simultaneous two-player games, which is a real shame because that's where Intellivision really shined.

As much as I enjoyed the arcade-style single player games, but there was nothing quite like the vicious competitions that inevitably happened against real opponents.

In 2004 my brother and I, along with our fanatical Intellivision-playing younger cousins, decided to pull out the old console for a chapionship over the course of a day and a few cases of beer. We played a lot of two-player games, tournament style, and there were several standouts that had stood the over-twenty-year test of time. Here, in order of my preference, are the 11 best two-player games in this millennium:

11. TRIPLE ACTION TANKS. The fun with this one is when you play with the long, bouncing bullets. Throw your notion of realism out the window and enjoy this guilty pleasure. Get cornered in a barrage of bouncing bullets and watch your blood pressure rise!

10. SNAFU. Yes, the music is great. I wish the background wasn't grey. The tail-biting game variant is crazy.

9. ARMOR BATTLE.
    The tanks are so sluggish, and the obstacle courses are so tricky, that this would be little more than finger-tiring frustration if it wasn't for the mines. When you can lure the other player to run over that unexpected mine that you stragegically placed, all is somehow right with the world! Better still, run over your own mine and face eternal shame.

8. AUTO RACING.
    Many will disagree with me about this one. It is a really awful game until you throw away the idea that it has any similarity to actual auto racing. Mastering the oddball controls is the real challenge here, then you can mentally replace the cars with ice skaters. It's vicious and competitive.

7. TENNIS. I can't believe nobody's mentioned this one yet! Great, responsive game play, nice 3D graphics and player animation.

6. MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL. I've never played World Series Baseball, but this one is still lots of fun. It's not terribly fast-paced, but there is perfection to be sought in the zen that is fielding.

5. MIND STRIKE (ECS). To this day I am amazed that Intellviision's developers created a classic boardgame that could only be realized as a video game. I spent so much time tweaking the AI settings, trying to make it challenging against the computer, but I always won. This game truly shines when you can play against a real human with real strategies.

4. NFL FOOBALL. There are so many play variations in this game that you can always surprise your opponent. Running towards the end-zone becomes a one-on-one battle of agility.

3. UTOPIA. It takes a long time to fortify before you can take on the other player's fleet with your PT boats. Planting rebels in the wake of a tornado is also pure evil. This may be the best way to lose friends. Throw in truly bizarre sound effects and a mysterious scoring algorithm for good measure.

2. SEA BATTLE. Simply an incredible combination of great graphics, nail-biting action and intense strategy. I was never very good at this game, but I'll play against anyone and lose, and still have a great time.

1. TRIPLE ACTION BIPLANES. Gotta choose the short-range bullets. Big ups to the Blue Sky Rangers for getting the physics just perfect in this oddball 2D flying game which combines just the right blend of aerial stalls, hiding in clouds, crashing into the tower, and lucky balloon shooting.
    Last edited by nebula; 03-01-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Some of the arcade coversions are quite good like Ladybug,Burger Time,Frogger and Venture but i think River Raid,Shark!Shark! and Buzz Bomber are up there somewhere too.

Pretzel (Level 4) miaandjohnrule's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    OriginalRope

Quote Originally Posted by nebula View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Those bring back many memories. I need to recruit someone to play INTV with me, you are right that it was great with 2 players.