Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's Playing Halo 3: ODST?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Who's Playing Halo 3: ODST?

I was going to get it tonight but the closest Best Buy(where I preordered it) thats doing a midnight open is an hour away and I have to be at work at 9 am tomorrow morning. So I will be picking this up after work tomorrow.

I've had this preodered for awhile and it's the first game I have preordered since Halo 2. Why? Because I want to play as Sgt Johnson. But judging by how many people have preordered this game I have a feeling that there will be very few people playing as ODST's in firefight mode. Everyone wants to play as Sgt Johnson.

Anyway, who else is picking this up either tonight or tomorrow?
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This might be a dumb question, but what is Halo 3 ODST?

ODST = Original Something Soundtrack?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post

It stands for Old Dumbass Sneaky Trolls. But since someone else had already copyrighted that, it was changed to Orbital Drop Shock Trooper.

Also, remember that there is no such thing as a dumb or stupid question
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    alxbly
    PSN
    alxbly

I went to a midnight opening of Gamestation store here in the UK. Well, I say midnight... I got there at about half past and the shop was empty. They still had lots of copies of the Limited Edition (with controller) left but for £60... nah, no thanks. Maybe if I didn't already have three 360 controllers it would have seemed a better deal. Standard edition was £35, which isn't too bad since it's only a little more expensive than ordering online at Amazon/Play.com, etc.

Anyway, I'm on the second level now and the game seems alright so far. 12P, I'm gonna have to send you a friend request for some Firefight... with both of us playing as Sgt Johnson though.
    Last edited by alxbly; 09-21-2009 at 08:18 PM.
    Xbox Live: alxbly | PSN: alxbly | Wii friend code: 2326 4589 7536 6941

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

I've waited for Halo 1-3 to drop in price before picking them up and I'll be doing the same with this one.

I wasn't a big fan of Halo 1 or 2 and I only thought 3 was ok so I'm in no rush.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    retroman20/retroman21
    PSN
    retroman13

That would be a yes. Snagin it after work tomorrow.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Halo revolutionized the fps!!!! Best fps series evaaaaaar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*edit*

Typing in all caps every letter but the first letters of each word get reduced to lowercase. I edited it to make the rest of them lowercase, but yeah.

This post was also sarcasm. Because Halo was one of the best FPS on the XBOX doesn't make it the best. It does nothing more than make a FPS and do a good job with it. I've seen many that are way better and those sell like crap(Unreal Tournament 3 for example.) Overrated doesn't being to describe Halo 3 ODST.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 09-21-2009 at 09:17 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    roflaid

Only thing new with this one is firefight, and isn't that like horde? I could be wrong I didn't look into this game one little bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

The skinny...

Halo 3 ODST essentially is a 6-8 hour single/co-op campaign, + 3 new multiplayer maps. That's what's new. You also get the rest of the DLC and regular multiplayer maps from Halo 3 which most of us have had for years.

I've had this pre-ordered for 3-4 months now. I'll be picking up my game/controller combo today. I've got several friends that can't wait for firefight mode. I'm sure we'll be sticking quite a few hours into it. Halo has always been about being a social experience. Those who like to take shots at the Halo games can stay miserable in their lonely existence, pouting and playing games by themselves. Makes no difference to me.

Personally, I love the Halo universe, online is always superb and frustrating (simultaneously), and Bungie is the best in the business.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    It stands for Old Dumbass Sneaky Trolls. But since someone else had already copyrighted that, it was changed to Orbital Drop Shock Trooper.
    Believe it or not, there are people out there whose lives don't revolve around playing Halo and don't know/care what something that looks like OST means.

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    This post was also sarcasm. Because Halo was one of the best FPS on the XBOX doesn't make it the best. It does nothing more than make a FPS and do a good job with it. I've seen many that are way better and those sell like crap(Unreal Tournament 3 for example.) Overrated doesn't being to describe Halo 3 ODST.
    If it was on the PS3 first, you'd be worshiping it right now. While it is not the best FPS out there, it was the next step for console FPSes after games like Goldeneye and Timesplitters.

I've never been able to play FPS games on a console so ODST is a non-issue for me. The way heybtbm describes it, it's more or less an overgrown expansion pack.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Amazon is running a great deal for Halo ODST. It's $50.99 plus you get a $10 gift card. Check it: http://tinyurl.com/nl7omu

-GAC-
    #vbender

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    If it was on the PS3 first, you'd be worshiping it right now.
    You couldn't be further from the truth. Killzone 2 is on the PS3 and I don't worship that game. Infact, I don't even like the game. Other than a few FPS games, I hate the genre in general. Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Unreal Tournament 3 are the only ones I do play. UT3 is the best this generation by far.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    alxbly
    PSN
    alxbly

Halo revolutionized the fps!!!! Best fps series evaaaaaar!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because Halo was one of the best FPS on the XBOX doesn't make it the best.
    I don't see anyone here claiming it's the best game ever. In fact, no-one had even mentioned the original Halo until you jumped in to flame-bait the topic. You don't like 360 and you prefer PS3; we get it. Now please let just one topic be about the game instead of some silly console wars fight.

Back on-topic, I'm just about to start playing the game through on co-op. The little I played least night was good fun but will be infinitely better as co-op. Not checked out firefight mode yet, but will do later.
    Xbox Live: alxbly | PSN: alxbly | Wii friend code: 2326 4589 7536 6941

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Believe it or not, there are people out there whose lives don't revolve around playing Halo and don't know/care what something that looks like OST means.
    12P was kidding, no need to be an ass.

While it is not the best FPS out there, it was the next step for console FPSes after games like Goldeneye and Timesplitters.
    Very true. I'm not a huge fan of the series but I respect it. I find the single player to be pretty bland but the multiplayer can be really fun. I'll pick this up in a year or so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Quote Originally Posted by alxbly View Post
    I don't see anyone here claiming it's the best game ever. In fact, no-one had even mentioned the original Halo until you jumped in to flame-bait the topic.
    Technically I brought it up first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

If it was on the PS3 first, you'd be worshiping it right now. While it is not the best FPS out there, it was the next step for console FPSes after games like Goldeneye and Timesplitters.

I've never been able to play FPS games on a console so ODST is a non-issue for me. The way heybtbm describes it, it's more or less an overgrown expansion pack.
    Gameplay wise it IS an expansion, there's no arguing that. Your character is less durable, slower, and weaker than the Chief is in the other Halo games, which means every encounter has to be played a bit more carefully. I uh, may have learned this firsthand. But the story so far is tops, and I'd put it above the other three in terms of telling it. Very nonlinear. The secondary storyline, written by the Ilovebees guys and told in the same format - audio snippets located in payphones - seems pretty fantastic so far, as well.

Also I think it's safe to say Firefight mode is the new timesink for my friends and I. Played it for two hours last night and it felt like nothing!
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alxbly View Post
    12P, I'm gonna have to send you a friend request for some Firefight... with both of us playing as Sgt Johnson though.
    Sounds good. I played firefight by myself earlier(because none of my friends were on yet) and it's alot of fun but with other players it will indeed be much better. I'll be back on later tonight in firefight mode too.

Quote Originally Posted by Therealqtip View Post
    Only thing new with this one is firefight, and isn't that like horde?
    Yes firefight mode is essentially Horde mode from Gears 2, Nazi Zombie mode from Call of Duty: World At War and the entire game of Left 4 Dead. Bungie had this planned for release with Halo 3 but they ran out of time and were unable to add it back then.

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    Gameplay wise it IS an expansion, there's no arguing that.
    Very true. And thats why I was a bit hesitant about dropping $60. But I figured that Halo games have always gave me my moneys worth and I'll most likely be playing this and Halo 3 for the next several years so it's definitely worth it. But I don't blame people who want to wait until the price drops alittle bit.

I am on the second or third level/tier of the campaign and I'm enjoying it alot. You have to take a different approach now that you are moderately underpowered but it's still fun. I played firefight mode alone because nobody else was on yet but tonight I'm going to play it co-op. I don't have any complaints yet but the length of the campaign will probably be my first one.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Strawberry (Level 2) misfits859's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You couldn't be further from the truth. Killzone 2 is on the PS3 and I don't worship that game. Infact, I don't even like the game. Other than a few FPS games, I hate the genre in general. Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Unreal Tournament 3 are the only ones I do play. UT3 is the best this generation by far.
    I'm right there with ya on UT3. I played it on the PC exclusively. Damn, I had some fun times and have fond memories of that game. Great gameplay, killer levels, kickass community created levels (remember the Wind Waker inspired map?), fun vehicles and excellent team game types.

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been playing it ever since the midnight release at a friend's house. The story imo was more interesting than I thought it would be. Granted I've only played Halo 1-2. I'm not really big on shooters and was kind of bored of the Halo series altogether, but I loved the campaign on co-op and Firefight is dangerously addictive. I may eventually pick up my own copy later down the road.

Strawberry (Level 2) Dastardly Dylan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    D2ME
    PSN
    D2ME

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post

ODST stands for the name of the squad in the game, the soliders, the team, whatever they are called, I forgot it has been ages since I've played Halo.

I'm thinking about either renting or borrowing this game from a friend, it seems pretty cool.

Wii: 7782-6113-4774-2333
    Teh Pwn Shop! - YouTube - Twitter