Thread: Keio Flying Squadron (sealed) Sega CD Price Check

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Keio Flying Squadron (sealed) Sega CD Price Check

Thinking of selling my sealed Keio Flying Squadron for Sega CD. Any idea of what to start bidding out on for a factory sealed copy on ebay? or would it be more profitable to get it graded and then sell it? I have sold many used copies on ebay in the past for between $160-240. But I only remember seeing this new and sealed once before and i cant remember what it sold for. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As far as i remember last sealed copy went for about 250$
    OWNER: http://www.sealedvideogames.net
    My Rpg Collection
    Always looking for FACTORY SEALED snes and sega and psx RPG's.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Sol View Post
    As far as i remember last sealed copy went for about 250$
    Yep, there was one about four months ago that went for right around $250. I'm frankly shocked the OP has gotten almost $240 for one that wasn't sealed. I haven't ever seen a complete/not sealed copy go for that much, but I haven't been watching it that closely either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They are rare indeed in sealed condition. For last maybe 3 years i only saw 2 copies on ebay. But Sega Cd games do not command high prices unfortunately..even snatcher cannot sell over 250$ sealed..
    My Rpg Collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They are rare indeed in sealed condition. For last maybe 3 years i only saw 2 copies on ebay. But Sega Cd games do not command high prices unfortunately..even snatcher cannot sell over 250$ sealed..
    I don't see why it wouldn't. I sold a perfectly minty copy of Snatcher maybe two months ago for $250.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

When you post stuff like this that is clearly incorrect, it makes me suspect that your whole goal in posting misleading pricing and value information is to drive prices down so you can get stuff cheaper. Snatcher has consistently sold for over $250 sealed mint and often hits $175-$250 mint complete.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    When you post stuff like this that is clearly incorrect, it makes me suspect that your whole goal in posting misleading pricing and value information is to drive prices down so you can get stuff cheaper. Snatcher has consistently sold for over $250 sealed mint and often hits $175-$250 mint complete.
    Who knew Aswald became an entertainment lawyer?

Wow dude. Just wow. Did you stop to think for a second that maybe he sold it some place not ebay?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Who knew Aswald became an entertainment lawyer?

Wow dude. Just wow. Did you stop to think for a second that maybe he sold it some place not ebay?
    What are you talking about? What are you even responding to? DarkSol's pricing information was purportedly from Ebay which is generally where people get their pricing information. Is it possible there have been copies sold for less elsewhere? Of course. Is it relevant to this discussion and DarkSol's claim that Sega CD games don't command "high prices"? Nope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bojay is so weird. SO weird. Maybe he thinks that only his pricing is the only correct in the univerise. I don't know.

I'll quote stupidity: "Snatcher has consistently sold for over $250 sealed mint". I mean... consistently... sealed snatcher....well...SHOW ME WHERE AND WHEN. PLEASE.
    Last edited by Dark_Sol; 04-26-2011 at 03:49 PM.
    My Rpg Collection

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Bojay is so weird. SO weird. Maybe he thinks that only his pricing is the only correct in the univerise. I don't know.

I'll quote stupidity: "Snatcher has consistently sold for over $250 sealed mint". I mean... consistently... sealed snatcher....well...SHOW ME WHERE AND WHEN. PLEASE.
    Please, show me where and when you have seen sealed mint copies of Snatcher go for less than $250. It hasn't in the past few years for sure. It's also not my pricing as I don't resell things like you do. It's what the Ebay market (i.e. the primary means by which most people buy collectible games nowadays unfortunately) is valuing things at. In the past two weeks, two mint not sealed copies have sold for $300 and $400 respectively. A very good complete copy sold for $170, a copy with a scanned reprinted insert went for $130 and a disc only good copy in a generic case went for $70. Are you really going to argue that a sealed mint copy is going to sell for less than those prices for vastly inferior copies? Give me a break. The value for Snatcher sealed would definitely be well over $250 and probably a lot more given recent price trends. Of course, if you own a sealed mint copy, please let everyone know where they can send the Paypal so you can sell it for less than $250.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

aha. So you haven't even seen a sealed Snatcher sell...*cough*.. constantly.. *cough*. Yet you dream some dreams about high prices..lol.
    I own a sealed copy of Snatcher myself which i bought for 212$ two years ago in ebay 7 day auction. The only other two copies for last couple of years ended at 250$ (one BINned by rarebucky lol he even graded it for VGA 80 as far as i remember). The last one was sitting for 350$ for several months and could not sell at all.

End of bullshit nonsense.

PS: Yes i also see CIB snatchers for 300 and 400. God bless idiots.
    My Rpg Collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sealed copies of these games don't really sell for multiples times the price of opened mint copies like other sealed games do. Opened copies have been pretty steady at $100-150 and sealed copies around $200-$300 for awhile now.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post
    Sealed copies of these games don't really sell for multiples times the price of opened mint copies like other sealed games do. Opened copies have been pretty steady at $100-150 and sealed copies around $200-$300 for awhile now.
    Of Keio, yes. Of Snatcher, no.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

aha. So you haven't even seen a sealed Snatcher sell...*cough*.. constantly.. *cough*. Yet you dream some dreams about high prices..lol.
    I own a sealed copy of Snatcher myself which i bought for 212$ two years ago in ebay 7 day auction. The only other two copies for last couple of years ended at 250$ (one BINned by rarebucky lol he even graded it for VGA 80 as far as i remember). The last one was sitting for 350$ for several months and could not sell at all.

End of bullshit nonsense.

PS: Yes i also see CIB snatchers for 300 and 400. God bless idiots.
    The word I used was consistently, not constantly. There is a huge difference. So, you paid $212 at the peak of the recession two years ago when everything was going for below market value. Is your copy mint sealed and more importantly, is it for sale for what you paid or less? I really doubt it. I'm sorry, but 80 is not now nor has it ever been mint. I have owned a sealed Snatcher since release, so I could care less about the price, but I have personally seen two auctions of sealed copies since November of last year. One went for $325 and another went for around $300. If it was one CIB that went for a ridiculous amount, I would ignore it, but that's two in one week and as another poster pointed out, he sold his personal copy for $250. We can argue about this all day, but you seem to consistently pull prices from nowhere and provide zero support for your reasoning. I can only assume you're trying to drive prices down while you continue to list the same crappy quality Sega Master System games in badly damaged condition for a premium. People asking questions here deserve a fair response so they can make an accurate decision about what to sell something for. Coming in here and imposing your view of what something should cost as opposed to what it actually goes for in a real marketplace like Ebay is not the purpose of this topic.
    Last edited by Bojay1997; 04-26-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I dont know if I agree with this. I think that the sealed game market can go from low to extreme. I would value a sealed Keo Flying Squadron and Snatcher at much higher....the question is whether or not someone is in the market to purchase one at the value that it is worth. My advice is to hold on to the item...it will go up in value.

As much as I dislike grading, it might be a good idea on these. Estimate is hard to figure but I would bet in the right market you could get $500 easily
    Last edited by swlovinist; 04-26-2011 at 06:31 PM.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The funny thing is, a few years ago there was actually quite a few sealed Keios floating around and they were selling for almost the same amount as used mint copies. Then the supply dried up and the prices started climbing (for both sealed and unsealed actually).
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com