Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation Vita

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Can't wait for somebody to compile a list of PSP/Minis OUTSIDE OF Sony's official launch list/what is available on the Vita PSN store that work via PS3 download and transfer.

I'm sure there's a shit ton more than I own that will transfer over ... I just want to know before I go through the trouble of downloading them all to my PS3 to test. (Though I probably will do that over the weekend).

I can report that both Capcom Classics titles, and the PSP versions of Echochrome and Flow work fine on Vita when downloaded to and transferred over via PS3.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Can't wait for somebody to compile a list of PSP/Minis OUTSIDE OF Sony's official launch list/what is available on the Vita PSN store that work via PS3 download and transfer.

I'm sure there's a shit ton more than I own that will transfer over ... I just want to know before I go through the trouble of downloading them all to my PS3 to test. (Though I probably will do that over the weekend).

I can report that both Capcom Classics titles, and the PSP versions of Echochrome and Flow work fine on Vita when downloaded to and transferred over via PS3.
    I hope the flood gates open for PSone classics to come to Vita.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

^^ Me too, taking Xenogears on the go with a screen this nice would be awesome.

Apparently the slot next to the game card slot is an accessory port. It looks like one of those "If we build something for it later" ports that are sometimes used and sometimes not although hopefully we'll eventually get a Video Out cable to go with it.

Cons: Fingerprint magnet. Jesus Christ, the anal bastard in me cries worst then with the ipad.
    I hear you on that, should of put that in the meh category. I hate how every other new gadget insists on being glossy but on the vita its really gorgeous..even if it does get finger prints from just looking at the thing. lol I suggest getting one of those little cellphone cleaner straps and tie it through one of the bottom loops of the system. I had one from an old Peace Walker accessory set and it really helps with the constant smudges.
    Last edited by substantial_snake; 02-24-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by duffmanth View Post
    I hope the flood gates open for PSone classics to come to Vita.
    I hope PSone games are soon compatible with the Vita I want to play Final Fantasy VII on that screen!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

WOWEEEWOWOW

I'm not sure if its the Vita's OS, network code or the extra processing power/memory but remote play on it's highest resolution plays with less lag than a PSP on its lowest.

With the resolution on standard or -1 I can actually play Street Fighter Alpha 3 for PS1 with practically no lag (or a very very tolerable amount).

Sadly it looks like only PS1 games (either disc based or on the XMB) seem to play via Remote Play at the moment.

Also, unrelated to remote play:

Mod Nation Racers Road Trip, IF you're a fan of the series isn't at all as bad as the reviews have let on. The touch-screen creation tools are fantastic and you can download any Mod or Kart that is in the PS3 database. Really the only strike I can give it is that it has no online and no voice-over announcers, and I have faith that we'll get some form of online in the future.
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 02-25-2012 at 09:32 AM.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

So, I'm embarrassed to admit that I thought the 3G system would allow you to play online without being connected to a wifi. Imagine my surprise when I found out that wasnt true.

Word of advice to those who haven't bought one yet: don't get a 3G model.

Okay, I'm bracing for the insults. It's okay, I deserve it:

Other than that, the system is pretty sweet. Wipeout basically looks like a ps3 game with a slightly lower frame rate. It's pretty impressive to see on a handheld. And yes, the screen is awesome. Psp games look great on it...better than a psp 2000 connected to a tv.
    ---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.125835,-118.158443
    Last edited by Graham Mitchell; 02-25-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    So, I'm embarrassed to admit that I thought the 3G system would allow you to play online without being connected to a wifi. Imagine my surprise when I found out that wasnt true.

Word of advice to those who haven't bought one yet: don't get a 3G model.

Okay, I'm bracing for the insults. It's okay, I deserve it:

Other than that, the system is pretty sweet. Wipeout basically looks like a ps3 game with a slightly lower frame rate. It's pretty impressive to see on a handheld. And yes, the screen is awesome. Psp games look great on it...better than a psp 2000 connected to a tv.
    ---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.125835,-118.158443
    Eh, don't feel bad, easy mistake to make, and they MAY have some apps or DLC games that use the feature for gaming in the future.

So, I did some testing and out of the 20+ Minis I downloaded to my PS3, only the ones that are listed on the Vita's PSN Store transfer over.

So, there seems to be more PSP software that is NOT on the Vita's PSN Store that transfer over via PS3 with no problem. Those are games that likely run but haven't been QA tested by whatever standards need to be done to sell them on Vita.

Also, people looking for some good, cheap pick-up & play/arcade PSP games on Vita:

Capcom Classics Remixed
    Capcom Classics ReLoaded
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
    Power Stone Collection
    Darkstalkers Chaos Tower

are all $9.99 each. (though you'll need to transfer Capcom Classics via the PS3)

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Will probably get a PSV-2000 or PSV-3000 when they come out. I've fallen in love with the system since I first played it at Best Buy. It seems like that system was built completely for my tastes. Love how good the controls are.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Eh, don't feel bad, easy mistake to make, and they MAY have some apps or DLC games that use the feature for gaming in the future.

So, I did some testing and out of the 20+ Minis I downloaded to my PS3, only the ones that are listed on the Vita's PSN Store transfer over.

So, there seems to be more PSP software that is NOT on the Vita's PSN Store that transfer over via PS3 with no problem. Those are games that likely run but haven't been QA tested by whatever standards need to be done to sell them on Vita.

Also, people looking for some good, cheap pick-up & play/arcade PSP games on Vita:

Capcom Classics Remixed
    Capcom Classics ReLoaded
    Power Stone Collection
    Darkstalkers Chaos Tower

are all $9.99 each. (though you'll need to transfer Capcom Classics via the PS3)
    Thanks for sharing that! Ive got some of those, I'll give it a shot.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.928439,-118.228453

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Okay, so I've had my first chance to play one. Mine is still in the mail from Amazon so I've played my friends.

Aside from the OS which I'm not really much of a fan of, I think the system is amazing. It feels as if certain aspects aren't designed as well as they should be, an example being that the multiple set up options that are available could have all been under a single icon. Press down on the screen while playing a PSP game to receive PSP settings, hold the home button to get other settings, etc. Those could be shortcuts, sure, but why leave it as the only way to get to the options.

So when trying it out, he didn't purchase any games with it, so I just tried LBP PSP. While my opinion of the OS may not have been favorable, the controls themselves were more than satisfactory. I'll go so far as to say it might actually win over the GBA as most comfortable control set up. The L and R buttons of the Vita are the same as those on the PSP Go, something I'm sure many people that played the Go hoped would have happened. The analog sticks are extremely well done, not as tight as the PS3 sticks, but still have a solid feel to them. I thought that the face buttons being so small would bother me, but really had no problem using them.

Now I'm just waiting to receive my Vita. I held off on trying the Uncharted demo because I want to just jump right in on the full game instead.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Capcom Classics Remixed
    Capcom Classics ReLoaded
    Power Stone Collection
    Darkstalkers Chaos Tower

Don't forget Metal Slug Anthology, its a more expensive at 20 dollars but you get 7 games. One of my most played psp games and downloads directly to the vita.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I played one for the first time today at Best Buy, and it sure is impressive. It feels just like I'm playing a console game, the screen is amazing. Unfortunately, this includes load time. I like the looks of the boxes too, very efficient.

The only other problem I had was using the physical controls when I should have used the touch screen and vice versa. I thought it was frozen until I realized you had to tap it.

I'll probably pick one up in a couple of months, but I hope it doesn't become I dumping ground for PS3 ports like the PSP was for PS2 ports. Of course the launch wasn't free of Gameloft and Ubisoft crap, just like the 3DS, PSP, and DS...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I saw a real Vita for the first time in my life last night at Best Buy. Here were my impressions:

1. Screen - Honestly, I've listened to so many podcasts with people talking about how the screen is so drop dead gorgeous, that I guess I was expecting too much, because the screen didn't blow me away like I thought it would. Sure, it's a big ass screen for a handheld, and it's clear and crisp, but it's not as amazing as everybody seems to be saying, either that, or the lighting conditions in the Best Buy made it seem less than amazing.

2. Size - It's not as big as I was expecting. At least, I think when you take that anti-theft device that Best Buy has hooked onto it, if you take that off, I'm guessing it's not really that much bigger than a PSP.

3. Shoulder Buttons - Man, I wish they would dump their shoulder button design. Not comfortable at all.

4. Regular buttons - While tiny, they seemed to work ok.

5. Thumbsticks - Man, these are some tiny little thumbsticks. I hope some aftermarket extenders come out, to give it a little more feel. I heard the aiming in Uncharted is pretty bad because of the limited range of the thumbstick.

6. Games - Played Uncharted for about a minute, played Wipeout for about a minute. Saw little Deviants for a short period. Saw Fifa for a short period. Basically, I thought the graphics were pretty amazing on EVERYTHING. The loading time in Wipeout is Redonkulous. They have to do something about those loading times. Uncharted was a graphical standout. The scenery in Wipeout, and the tracks themselves look very nice. Little Deviants looked decent, but I've heard the game is garbage.

Honestly, I couldn't play the thing too long because a bunch of people were waiting for me to get done with it. So, it wasn't a fair evaluation. For me personally, I'm going to have to pass on it, because I just can't justify spending console money on a handheld. Not that it isn't worth it. For somebody that uses a handheld frequently, it's a must own device. No question. I very rarely use handhelds, so I tend to wait a long time. I need to wait on the software as well. Wait till the prices come down.

I can guarantee you this though.... If I was going on a 4 day vacation, and wanted to bring a small device along, it would be the Vita, without question. I wish I could just rent the thing for a few days, heh..

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post

5. Thumbsticks - Man, these are some tiny little thumbsticks. I hope some aftermarket extenders come out, to give it a little more feel. I heard the aiming in Uncharted is pretty bad because of the limited range of the thumbstick.
    Uncharted's aiming is no fault of the sticks. It's coding. Unit 13, for example, controls fine. But yes, it's an adjustment to move to Vita sticks and back again to consoles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    You can adjust the sensitivity on Uncharted.

It is too high by default, but turn the speed down by about 1/4 total and it's fine. Also helps to turn off the tilt mechanism aiming which is on by default and can interfere with accuracy if you're moving around while you play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod View Post
    Uncharted's aiming is no fault of the sticks. It's coding. Unit 13, for example, controls fine. But yes, it's an adjustment to move to Vita sticks and back again to consoles.
    I definitely agree with this, while Unit 13's shooting controls felt tight and focused Uncharted's are kinda meh. I didn't like the SixAxis aiming controls either in Uncharted but it seems to be popular with a lot of people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I wonder if anybody has done a Vita tear down video, where they take the thing apart piece by piece. Then we can know if thumbstick extenders are even possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i know ifixit or fix it yourself .com (?) has done a tear down, apparently everythings modular and it was said changing the battery yourself was super easy.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i am planning to get one, ive heard good things about it. does anyone know if they will release any ps2 games to download in the store?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by tfrank View Post
    i am planning to get one, ive heard good things about it. does anyone know if they will release any ps2 games to download in the store?
    No word, though it's entirely possible for them to emulate the hardware/software.