Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    https://www.mikematei.com/blog/mike-...-cinemassacre/

Sure don't get that presumption from Mike's statement. As I said, producing those episodes no longer make any sense, as everything has gone to Twitch streaming.

Also, the penis thing was a brief one-time likely drunk moment 3 years ago which he basically erased as well he could. Yes the Loco Bandito stuff was very bad, also date to the 2000's, and he apologized for them. They were poor attempts of satire (style of R. Crumb), but he admittedly "didn't know what he was doing."
    Ever watch an interview with a convicted serial killer? they come off as being the nicest person you'd ever meet.

I think there's a lot going on with that dude and based off what Ive seen him willing to say and do on camera, I can only imagine what is said behind closed doors.

I know it's fashionable to hate on the successful people but I guess it's hard for me to seperate the person from the show they are putting on... James is the only stand-up person among the people he associates with in his videos.. it's hard to watch and be entertained by a person who clearly has some very dark and twisted thoughts... As for the apology and his reforming, ok, if he reformed, awesome. Ive just never seen any mention of it in any of the videos Ive watched... I guess most the fans dont know or dont care.

and maybe I am just cynical, but I don't think people change. not unless they are fucked up in the extreme like former Nazis, former criminals... to me, unless someone is confronted about their behavior, or it's affecting their job, they dont see themselves as bad enough to try and change.. again if he apologized or disavowed his "former self" great. I just think if someone is nearing 40 years old, shit they did in their mid-30s... like what they were douchebags for the first 37 years and now theyve learned their lesson but they never once mention that they suddenly had this awakening? uh right
    Last edited by gbpxl; 12-22-2020 at 09:15 PM.