Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened at CGE ?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I too couldn't believe some of Jerry G's insane prices. I got a kick out of his pricing for some colecovision games: Sewer Sam boxed (probably complete) for $65, when 10 feet away were the Telegames games selling the same cart BRAND NEW for only $19.95. The best part of the show was all the NES games theredeye brought, thanks Frank, I was able to get about 10 I needed for my collection. It is too bad that it took me 20 minutes to find parking, otherwise I would have had about 20 more. This year was infinately better NES wise then last year.

Matt

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Jerry G.

Yes, indeed, Mister Jerry has some truly eye-opening prices on his games.

Of course, I was completely knocked out by what he had for sale... shrinkwrapped 5200 Meteorites, Mr. Do's! Castle, Bounty Bob Strikes Back... plus a few prototype games!

He had 3 of the 4 Parker Brothers shrinkwrapped Videopac (the Euro Odyssey 2) games Q-Bert, Frogger, and Super Cobra (all $100 each) and a complete (but ratty) Popeye for $125... I wanted it so bad!

Jerry had loads and loads of awesome games that simply made me drool... but the prices dried my mouth out REAL fast. I just paid off the credit card... don't want to get that thing started again!

I ended up buying the two homebrew Vectrex games, plus the 5200 games Castle Blast, Haunted House II 3-D, and Super Pac-Man (awesome!) I got a sealed NGPC game Last Blade (the UK version) and PSX Iron Soldier 3, then got a hold of myself and stopped. I did score a very nice collection of C64 tapes from the auction for super cheap.

It was great finally meeting all these people I've heard about... Joe, Sean, John, Matt, and of course the folks at VGB (who I had not met up to that point.) I was blown away by the gaming "celebrities" in attendance.

This was my first CGE, and it was a blast. I love the new DP guide, the VGB sold out in two hours, and I saw several old arcade games (like that Don Quiote laserdisk game) that were just too cool for words.

I can't wait for next year! Everybody needs to make the time and come on out! I got some pictures... we'll be posting them at the VGB site as soon as the CD comes back from Walgreens.
    You should visit...
    www.videogamebible.com
    ...for all your NeoClassic gaming needs!

And don't miss...
    www.geocities.com/the32xmemorial
    ...for all the goods on the crappy Sega 32x!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Larry & I got to be extras in a skit that G4 was filming in the museum
    I need to go drop off my film ( I took four rolls worth )