Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New York Senate passes game bill

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

About banning violent games Hilldog and Obama is to blame for this along with all the retard consumers who brought PUZZLE NARUTO/POKEMON/MEGAMAN along with little Nemo for the continuesly bash against videogames.

America is just like that and is part of us getting back on track. I hate us as well but to remove violent activity from games is like removing the idea of games themselves and to limit the market.

Japan has done so well with Violence and Sex in there games and only USA is the ones to get screwed up with games WTF?

Also come on. Europe is super Poor like dirt and you could be walking down the street and get attacked by a group of people and there is a no fighting back rule. That is what I call violent.

I mean why not bann violent movies and books too. All I ever see on US TV is retarded sex jokes, killing over this and that, gun gun gun, and dirty fart jokes. Thinking about it we are more boring then the UK.

This is stupid along with the Killing of Saddam we are now going to start limiting our own freedoms. It is like our parents/elders ( the old people ) is trying to screw us up before they keel over and stop moving. Real funny joke.

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Quote Originally Posted by mregashu View Post
    I know this an unpopular opinion 'round these parts, but I don't see a major problem here. There is a big difference between censorship and enforcement of ratings and I think as long as the latter doesn't impede on the former it's a good thing.
    The difference being the government doesn't regulate movie sales to minors, music sales to minors, or book sales to minors. Know why? It's unconstitutional in every way.

Once they set a precedent in keeping M rated games out of kids hands, it's going to have wide reaching effects in other media as well, and continue to set up a slipperly slope. This isn't the place of politicians or taxpayers to pay for enforcement.

You do know this bill was passed after Andrew Lanza spoke out about the VA Tech flash game, right? He seems to believe he'll be regulating those types of games as well, which of course he's not.

Finally, how much money do you want to pay when the bill is shot down by courts? How about a million?

http://gamepolitics.com/2007/05/25/i...e-video-games/

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We know that this is going to get shot down simply because "appraise the effectiveness and accuracy of the ESRB rating system" is just a nice way of saying they want their own committee to rate games.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Banana (Level 7) pragmatic insanester's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

write down the names of all the politicans involved in this bill and all the similar ones. they're usually a bunch of nobodies so its easy to forget their faces. however, when they try to run for some new type of office or renew their position... spread the word and have people vote for their opponent or a different person of their party.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy View Post
    New York and California (politicians) are all fucked in the head.
    Funny; you read my mind. I was sitting here reading the post & thinking:

"When did New York turn-into communist California?"

IMHO the problem is not the rating system, but the parents who ignore it. What good is it to have an M-rated Grand Theft Auto, if they parents go out & buy the game for their 5-yr-old??? What? Can the parents not read? Can't they see the clearly-label "Mature" on the cover???

No law will be able to stop parental stupidity.
    Last edited by veronica_marsfan; 05-29-2007 at 04:05 AM.