Thread: Thinking of buying a Wii, question....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Thinking of buying a Wii, question....

I really want to get one cause I like the games you can download and Mario Galaxy and Pokemon are coming out soon, but one thing is holding me back.

I heard that you can only save so many downloaded games at a time on the system and games saved to external cards are not playable. Do you have to delete games just to play other ones if you run out of space?

I also hear they are going to be fixing this somehow. This is what is mainly holding me back as the internal storage on Wii sounds ganked.

My Gamecube broke, and I really need it to transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Box so i'm thinking of just getting another Gamecube for the time being as they are only like $30 on ebay, or should I go ahead and get a Wii.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

IIRC, you can transfer your games from the machines internal 512 meg storage to external SD cards, but can only play the ones that are on your Wii. So, if you have more than 512 meg worth, you'll be doing the ROM shuffle back and forth to play them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd View Post
    I heard that you can only save so many downloaded games at a time on the system and games saved to external cards are not playable. Do you have to delete games just to play other ones if you run out of space?
    Yes...and it's a pain in the ass. It's amazing how fast the Wii "hard drive" will fill up. But realistically...that is a lot of virtual console games for the "normal" consumer. I'm assuming most people at DP don't fit this description.

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd View Post
    I also hear they are going to be fixing this somehow. This is what is mainly holding me back as the internal storage on Wii sounds ganked.
    Obviously Nintendo will have to address this eventually. As of right now, they haven't even officially acknowledged the "problem". There are a lot of "ganked" things with the Wii...don't get me started with the Wii's friend code BS.
    Last edited by heybtbm; 05-26-2007 at 01:25 PM.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well it just depends on how much you will be playing the virtual counsel. Swapping games on the exteranl SD isn't that big of a pain.
    Besides that the Wii has some pretty decent games out and will eventually get better ones. It's worth it for the lower price and pokemon will the first wi-fi game coming up here soon.