Thread: How do you know if...........!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How do you know if...........!?

I've always wondered a few things....like.....
    1. How do you figure out that, the thrift or other place you thought you had to yourself has been "hit" by another collector. You know the feeling...you've had this place all to yourself and now you find the pickings "picked over". Do you do a little "test" to prove your therory, or do you have another way of detecting the "intruder".
    2. You're at your local thrift and sure enough...there's a guy with what you normally have in your hands....in his!!! How do you....say...break this ice and find out who he is and what the hell he's doin' with that Vectrex & Chase the Chuckwagon cart. Do you ....strike up small talk...follow him to his house, pull the closest fire alarm box, hoping he'll run out while dropping the precious goods he's obviously taken from your sacred "hunting grounds".
    3. Any input would be helpful in resolving a nagging thought bouncing around in my head, similiar to a 2600 Breakout game gone totally bad :/ :/
    The Keeper of the Old Games
    The Gaming Guy...you know...that guy!!

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

I usually find any games I don't buy at my favorite video game stores the next week for twice as much... :/
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are about four guys on this message board who kept hittin' my joints! I just talked to them and figured out their shopping patterns. Then I'd just hit the joint an hour ahead of them.

Whenever they caught me, I'd tuck my Vectrex light pen inside some old knitted sweater and lure them into a conversation about how this particular location had "dried up" and why I would look for more fertile grounds...

Sound familiar to any of you chicago thrifters? (I'm such a jerk!)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My black magic reveals all things to me. I am able to transcend your pedestrian methods of obtaining games and have built my gaming empire that is second to none. With great power comes great games. I know this to be true.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When collector thrift hit, Dirty Ho hit again back. Game be found in good old pile under leaf and tree. Collector face me in bad climate! Ha!
    You haven't lived until you've fought Dirty Ho...and then you're dead!