Thread: I need advice from NES GAME sellers on ebay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I need advice from NES GAME sellers on ebay

THeres a question that has been in my mind for a few months now...

Last year I traded a brand new nintendo DS for 15 sealed/partialyl sealed nes games

THe seller told me that he found them in a store

Some of the games are 100% sealed, others only have partial shrinkwrap while others have no shrinkwrap at all.

Some of the new games that have partial or NO SW (shrinkwrap) are rare NES games like panic restaurant (x 3) Or lolo 3 (X 2)

Im interested in selling these games on ebay. What do you think that could help me sell them for more money? (I have never opened the boxes of any of these games..not even to take a peek)

1) Taking out the contents of the box and take a pic of everything: cart, box, instrucions, etc (as if it was just a complete game instead of a new game)

or

2) Sell the games without opening the boxes, and mentioning theyre new but just dont have the shrinkwrap?

Thanks in advance

For those curious to know what games Im willing to sell/trade, heres a link:

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?i...cortada0zc.jpg

http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?i...cortada3gs.jpg
    Last edited by suppafly; 06-11-2007 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Added pic of the games

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not a veteran by any means, but I would sell them individually and label them as "NEW??" and explain that you obtained these through a trade and they appear to be new but you cannot verify whether or not they have been opened but several of them have partial shrink wrap and appear to have not been tampered with.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

One thing to keep in mind is that if you don't know what's in there, it could be anything. And even if it is the correct cart when you ship it out, that doesn't mean it will be the correct one if it is returned to you...

That's the first thing my paranoid mind thinks of at any rate. You could always explain everything and say that's why you are selling AS IS (which technically needs to be in the first 2 lines of text), but that will turn off some buyers no matter how good a reason you have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally I would advertise them as being in complete and excellent condition but I wouldn't call them new. If they aren't factory shrinkwrapped then they aren't new to most people. Who can say for 100% certainty that the previous owner didn't open them? Besides, if they're in excellent condition then I'm sure they will sell for a reasonable amount anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by cornelius
    You could always explain everything and say that's why you are selling AS IS (which technically needs to be in the first 2 lines of text), but that will turn off some buyers no matter how good a reason you have.
    You aren't the first person who I've seen reference some "As Is"" rule and the first two lines of the auction. Is there some rule on eBay's or PayPal's website that you can link to that will verify this? Otherwise i think that saying that the item is "As Is" offers as much protection as telling a PayPal buyer that they'll need to purchase insurance to be protected which we all know isn't the case.
    Last edited by Griking; 06-12-2007 at 08:01 AM.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking View Post
    You aren't the first person who I've seen reference some "As Is"" rule and the first two lines of the auction. Is there some rule on eBay's or PayPal's website that you can link to that will verify this? Otherwise i think that saying that the item is "As Is" offers as much protection as telling a PayPal buyer that they'll need to purchase insurance to be protected which we all know isn't the case.
    You are right, I shouldn't be passing that first two lines info around since I haven't verified it myself, and I don't actually know where I got it from in the first place.

I think it might protect you from paypal, though... since the protection policy kicks in for items "significantly not as described". For instance, I doubt they'd side with a buyer on an "untested" item that doesn't work. This case I think would favor the buyer more, though, unless you were to say the auction is for the box and you think the game/manual is inside, but that is pretty ridiculous. And certainly you have the option not to offer refunds through eBay (it is a checkbox I think), but if paypal is used there will be additional requirements.

Oh, and more on topic, I agree, an item almost has to be sealed to be considered 'new' by most people. So I'd describe it as mint/near mint and just explain that you think it may be never used, etc. And I'd open it to take the pictures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sell games like this frequently and I always *carefully* open the box to take a photo of everything included. It's already been said, but some people just don't get it -- if a game is not factory sealed, it is not new.

Quote Originally Posted by Griking View Post
    Is there some rule on eBay's or PayPal's website that you can link to that will verify this?
    No, there is not. I've heard this rumor too (on other forums too), and it has no bearing on ebay/Paypal transactions. It almost sounds like something idiotic veronica_marsfan used to say: "ACCORDING TO U.S. LAW, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SAY IN THE FIRST TWO LINES....."