Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: WTB: Valkyrie Profile for PS1

  1. #1
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lake County, Illinois
    Posts
    121
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    wolverinevsx23
    PSN
    wolverinevsx23

    Default WTB: Valkyrie Profile for PS1

    Anyone have it? I'm looking for one complete with everything in Mint condition. Willing to pay $60-70 dollars for it. I'm not paying the ridiculous amounts people are asking on the Ebay Stores.

  2. #2
    Pear (Level 6) agbulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Abe Froman, the Sausage King of Chicago
    Posts
    1,255
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Blatt
    PSN
    AGBulls

    Default

    im in chicago -- make is $95 for a mint copy and its yours.
    Parallel universe. Bush, destitute, joins army.

    Check out my Gaming Comic: www.GreeneSide.com

  3. #3
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lake County, Illinois
    Posts
    121
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    wolverinevsx23
    PSN
    wolverinevsx23

    Default

    Sorry but I don't pay Ebay prices. That's what they go for on Ebay. Considering there is no Ebay involved I feel should get it cheaper than $95 dollars. I'm willing to pay $65.00-70.00 tops.

    I have a Near Mint Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for PS2 (no manual though) I'm selling or trading. It has light surface scratches but plays flawlessly. This is a tough game to get in Mint condition anyways. Those run $125+ dollars on Ebay, but I'm only asking $90.00 for my copy. I saw just the disks themself sell for $85.00 and manuals alone sell for $20-25 bucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by agbulls View Post
    im in chicago -- make is $95 for a mint copy and its yours.

  4. #4
    Apple (Level 5) Nate Nanjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Augusta, Ga
    Posts
    1,095
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comics724365 View Post
    I have a Near Mint Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for PS2 (no manual though) I'm selling or trading. It has light surface scratches but plays flawlessly. This is a tough game to get in Mint condition anyways. Those run $125+ dollars on Ebay, but I'm only asking $90.00 for my copy. I saw just the disks themself sell for $85.00 and manuals alone sell for $20-25 bucks.
    Really?

    Not according to Ebay
    Marvel vs Capcom 2

    The auctions breaking 125+ had something with the game. (Fight Stick, memory card, ect.)

    Oddy, you wouldn't pay more than 60-70 for MvC2 in your thread below.

    Well, I know you got your copy from GS now.
    Last edited by Nate Nanjo; 06-15-2007 at 01:40 AM.

  5. #5
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lake County, Illinois
    Posts
    121
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    wolverinevsx23
    PSN
    wolverinevsx23

    Default

    Well I seen them sell high as $125.00 for complete copies, and a factory sealed sold for $450.00 recently...Mine isn't complete, since it doesn't have the manual, that's why I'm only asking $90.00 for it. I paid $75.00 with tax at my local Gamestop, so $15.00 profit is nothing. They sell it used without or without anything for $69.99. Theres Ebay stores that sell the game disk only for $85.00 alone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Nanjo View Post
    Really?

    Not according to Ebay
    Marvel vs Capcom 2

    The auctions breaking 125+ had something with the game.

    Oddy, you wouldn't pay more than 60-70 for MvC2 in your thread below.

  6. #6
    Pear (Level 6) TurboGenesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    1,371
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

    Default

    I have Valkyrie Profile in MINT condition. But I want prices that exceed those you are see on ebay as I like the game and have play through it 3 times. Can't let it go for cheap - hate to loose this game (I pay only $30 back in 2003) and try to find it again.

  7. #7
    Pear (Level 6) agbulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Abe Froman, the Sausage King of Chicago
    Posts
    1,255
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Blatt
    PSN
    AGBulls

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comics724365 View Post
    Well I seen them sell high as $125.00 for complete copies, and a factory sealed sold for $450.00 recently...Mine isn't complete, since it doesn't have the manual, that's why I'm only asking $90.00 for it. I paid $75.00 with tax at my local Gamestop, so $15.00 profit is nothing. They sell it used without or without anything for $69.99. Theres Ebay stores that sell the game disk only for $85.00 alone.
    I'm gonna call bullshit here man, sorry.

    Marvel vs Capcom 2 does not sell for over $75 -- and $75 would be on the high end of the spectrum. To say that its worth MORE than Valkryie Profile is just flat out wrong -- and you're saying yours doesn't even have a manual.

    I own both MvC2 and Valkyrie, and know that Valkryie goes more $ time after time. Just ask around...and I'm not saying ask your GameStop store around the corner.
    Parallel universe. Bush, destitute, joins army.

    Check out my Gaming Comic: www.GreeneSide.com

  8. #8
    Kirby (Level 13) norkusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    5,830
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    It's funny that he's not willing to pay Ebay prices for a mint & complete copy of Valkyrie Profile but he's wants people to pay complete copy Ebay prices for his manual-less MvC2.

    A MvC2 without manual IS NOT worth $90-$125. Might as well return it to Gamestop because there's no way you're going to get more than what you paid for it.

  9. #9
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lake County, Illinois
    Posts
    121
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    wolverinevsx23
    PSN
    wolverinevsx23

    Default

    Not paying more than $65.00-70.00 for one, sorry...You are still making double your money anyways. I do not pay the ridiculous amounts Ebay sells, so don't even bother.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurboGenesis View Post
    I have Valkyrie Profile in MINT condition. But I want prices that exceed those you are see on ebay as I like the game and have play through it 3 times. Can't let it go for cheap - hate to loose this game (I pay only $30 back in 2003) and try to find it again.

  10. #10
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lake County, Illinois
    Posts
    121
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    wolverinevsx23
    PSN
    wolverinevsx23

    Default

    You are wrong because theres someone that sells DISKS ONLY (no jewel case insert or manual) and is getting $85.00 each on a Ebay Store. The person had FOUR of them at one point and sold them all actually. And another person is just selling the actual jewel case and artwork for $25.00. I paid $69.99 plus tax for mine and asking $90.00 (15.00 profit) is not asking for much. There is only 10-15 copies on Ebay as we speak...minus the memory cards with all the cheats on the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    It's funny that he's not willing to pay Ebay prices for a mint & complete copy of Valkyrie Profile but he's wants people to pay complete copy Ebay prices for his manual-less MvC2.

    A MvC2 without manual IS NOT worth $90-$125. Might as well return it to Gamestop because there's no way you're going to get more than what you paid for it.

  11. #11
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lake County, Illinois
    Posts
    121
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    wolverinevsx23
    PSN
    wolverinevsx23

    Default

    Wrong again. Have you done your research? MvsC2 does sell for more than $90+ on Ebay. I seen a Ebay store with just the disks sell for $85.00 each and that person sold all four copies. Complete copies usually run $100+. If you get one at $75.00 then you are just lucky or a fool because the disk is scratched to helll Asking $90 for mine is not asking for a whole condering I only paid $75 for mine. I spent $15.00 is gas searching for the damn game.

    Quote Originally Posted by agbulls View Post
    I'm gonna call bullshit here man, sorry.

    Marvel vs Capcom 2 does not sell for over $75 -- and $75 would be on the high end of the spectrum. To say that its worth MORE than Valkryie Profile is just flat out wrong -- and you're saying yours doesn't even have a manual.

    I own both MvC2 and Valkyrie, and know that Valkryie goes more $ time after time. Just ask around...and I'm not saying ask your GameStop store around the corner.

  12. #12
    Strawberry (Level 2) tornadostormxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    595
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Why do you want us to pay you more then it goes on ebay but you want VP for under ebay prices?

    I have seen VP go for over 150 before and i have seen people charge 170+ in the ebays stores.

  13. #13
    Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Md
    Posts
    2,254
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    There are certian times when you are going to have to pay for what you want. Unfortunately these paticular games are problably 2 of them.

    With Valkrye you wont get a mint complete one for 65.00- 70.00 unless someone which already knows the value has fallen on hard times and needs the money or it is missing instructions or it is very poor quality. It is not so much ebayish it just that most people that have one know the value and how hard it is to get. The ones that people that sell and don't know the value are swooped up by sellers looking to make a profit.

    Marvel vs is hard to come by but there are a whole lot more of them and the chances on seeing this one at pawn shops or thrifts are pretty good. You just have to keep looking. I believe ebay price pushing on this one is mostly sellers more so than rarity and if people buy at that high price is because people just don't want the haggle of looking. I just don't believe the gamestop price or ebay for that matter on this one. I think 50.00 disc only is fair and more true.
    neo geo system

  14. #14
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lake County, Illinois
    Posts
    121
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    wolverinevsx23
    PSN
    wolverinevsx23

    Default

    Do your research before you "assume" anything. There was a Ebay store that was selling "disk only" copies of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for $85.00 each. They had four of them and sold all four of them. Anyways...moving on

    Quote Originally Posted by gepeto View Post
    There are certian times when you are going to have to pay for what you want. Unfortunately these paticular games are problably 2 of them.

    With Valkrye you wont get a mint complete one for 65.00- 70.00 unless someone which already knows the value has fallen on hard times and needs the money or it is missing instructions or it is very poor quality. It is not so much ebayish it just that most people that have one know the value and how hard it is to get. The ones that people that sell and don't know the value are swooped up by sellers looking to make a profit.

    Marvel vs is hard to come by but there are a whole lot more of them and the chances on seeing this one at pawn shops or thrifts are pretty good. You just have to keep looking. I believe ebay price pushing on this one is mostly sellers more so than rarity and if people buy at that high price is because people just don't want the haggle of looking. I just don't believe the gamestop price or ebay for that matter on this one. I think 50.00 disc only is fair and more true.

  15. #15
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lake County, Illinois
    Posts
    121
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    wolverinevsx23
    PSN
    wolverinevsx23

    Default

    Valkyrie Profile ran steady at $75-85 range on Ebay. There are BINs $125+ because people like Raregamergirl (aka ultimate_video_game_connection) hoard up every single copy to control the market value on the game....total bullshit. Im paying $70.00 tops for a mint copy, end of story.

    Quote Originally Posted by tornadostormxl View Post
    Why do you want us to pay you more then it goes on ebay but you want VP for under ebay prices?

    I have seen VP go for over 150 before and i have seen people charge 170+ in the ebays stores.

  16. #16
    Pretzel (Level 4) Mr. Smashy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    945
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    You sure give eBay a lot of credit for a guy who wants to buy at well below eBay values, sell at higher than eBay prices (nobody in their right minds uses eBay stores as a reference), and who is no longer a registered user.

    By the way, you're making a great first impression. Keep it up.

  17. #17
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lake County, Illinois
    Posts
    121
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    wolverinevsx23
    PSN
    wolverinevsx23

    Default

    This isn't Ebay. If it was Ebay there is other message boards for that. Post there. Furthermore do not post my personal information and belittle me asshole! I do not need your bullshit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smashy View Post
    You sure give eBay a lot of credit for a guy who wants to buy at well below eBay values, sell at higher than eBay prices (nobody in their right minds uses eBay stores as a reference), and who is no longer a registered user.

    By the way, you're making a great first impression. Keep it up.

  18. #18
    Strawberry (Level 2)
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    569
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Okay I will settle this for everyone. I have sold 3 or more copies of both games in the last year or two. I get $85 for a complete copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 on ebay (PS2 version). The xbox version goes for less. I have sold Valkyrie Profile for $120 without a manual on ebay several times. So if you want prices a little less than ebay reduce it by 10%. Because that is what you pay ebay to sell it. $75 and $105 seem like fair non ebay prices to me. Valkyrie Profile for anything less than $100 is a good deal. I'll buy as many copies of Valkyrie Profile as you can get for $80. If you buy them at $60 you will make $20 per copy!
    Collecting the Bubble Bobble series, this includes Rainbow Islands, Parasol Stars and Puzzle Bobble. If you have anything for trade or sale please let me know.

  19. #19
    Avoiding OT Vectorman0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CT - USA
    Posts
    4,398
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

    Default

    Okay guys. You seem to agree comics724365 has been making unreasonable requests. Please lay off a little, and if his requests are that unreasonable, he will eventually realize it from the lack of response he gets.

    Also, posting a link to your ebay feedback that happens to be the same name as here is hardly revealing sensitive personal information.

    I also locked your other two want threads. You are only allowed one each of Buying and Selling topics, so please keep it that way.


  20. #20
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lake County, Illinois
    Posts
    121
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    wolverinevsx23
    PSN
    wolverinevsx23

    Default

    I don't appreciate someone posting my information on here without my permission. Furthermore I do not use that account anymore on Ebay because I have a different account on Ebay which is my Ebay Store.

Similar Threads

  1. FS only: Valkyrie Profile (PS1)...one day only.
    By mb7241 in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 12:37 AM
  2. FS: Valkyrie Profile for the PS1
    By atrachsel in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2006, 02:43 PM
  3. Valkyrie Profile?
    By Ry Jon-Jinn in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 03:24 AM
  4. WTB Valkyrie Profile PSX
    By mrhaboobi in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-08-2005, 05:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •