Thread: tengen tetris VS. Nintendo's tetris

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i would say nintendos version looks way better, plays better, and would be my choice. plus its cheaper. Although the tengen version has some cool features too like 2 player co op, (both players play together on the same tetris grid) But the colors are just plain. If your a fan of tetris id say get both. :-) hope this helps

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by DefaultGen; 03-12-2023 at 07:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Tengen Tetris, by a landslide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tengen, 100%.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I guess I'm in the camp that thought Tengen's Tetris was way overrated. My vote is for the Nintendo version.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Nero 99. Welcome to DP-- first thing you need to know is that almost no one here can read or think. Intelligence here is far higher than most message boards, but nontheless, it's still a message board. You asked "Which Tetris version should I buy?" and all except for a couple are answering the question, "Which Tetris version is a better game?" Wrong question guys.

To answer the question that you actually asked-- get the Nintendo version. Unless you're a seriously hardcore Tetris fan, you are hardcore into collecting for the NES, or you have a ton of money to just throw around for games, then there is no reason to get the Tengen version. Plus, right now you got a friend who will probably sell you his Nintendo copy for a couple dollars. If you're going after Tengen Tetris you will definitely be using the internet and paying $20-$40, and probably on the middle or higher end. If you fall into the categories I mentioned before, than go for it. But if you're just looking for some quick, fun Tetris action, the Nintendo version will satify and is the right fit for you.

Plus, if your friends selling it cheap, than why not buy it from him? And if you really get into it then you can consider paying Tengen's price for more action.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

I would say buy the Nintendo version from your friend, then when you have the spare money, pick up the Tegen version. It's always nice to have different variation of Tetris at hand, since it is one of the best puzzle games ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by PSXferrari View Post
    Hey Nero 99. Welcome to DP-- first thing you need to know is that almost no one here can read or think. Intelligence here is far higher than most message boards, but nontheless, it's still a message board. You asked "Which Tetris version should I buy?" and all except for a couple are answering the question, "Which Tetris version is a better game?" Wrong question guys.
    You continue to criticize the board, over very trivial things mind you, yet you still choose to post here. When someone asks which version they should buy, telling them which is the better version helps them make the decision, so I don't see how that won't help him make his final decision. If you're going to nitpick over every little thing, please make your way to GameFaqs, I'm sure you'll feel right at home there.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mar 626

Thanks for the replys> from what it sounds like nintendos looks better but tengens has better features. ill get the nin tendo one for now then by a tengen one as soon as i find it.(for a good price that is)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tengen Tetris is far more superior then the Nintendo version, get that one.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nero 99 View Post
    Thanks for the replys> from what it sounds like nintendos looks better but tengens has better features. ill get the nin tendo one for now then by a tengen one as soon as i find it.(for a good price that is)
    I'm sure you'll find the Tengen version for a few bucks someday in a second hand store, lawn sale or thrift store. It will probably be the first and last time you find it in the wild. I wouldn't recommend buying it off of Ebay unless you are dying to get it. I mean the game is so simple and there are so many other versions out there, both good and not so good, including a ton of "clones" that you can download for free off of dozens of web sites. It is even on cell phones and those 96-in-1 brick games. My copy of Tengen Tetris came from a video rental shop that was going out of business and selling all of their NES rentals for $2. What a find that was, certainly a good day for cheap NES games that afternoon I ebayed it awhile back, though

Maybe I have bad taste but I particularly like the music on the NES version of Tetris, especially the default theme.