Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: July 2007 Finds

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My CGE haul:

Nothing spectacular, but all within my budget (and didn't have to check luggage). The 2600 Jr was a buck, and my original 2600 is on the fritz so I couldn't pass that up. The 500XJ was a quarter - it fires every time you move, but the four directions work great, so for maze-type games, it's going to be perfect. I love that joystick. I've been wanting to get Venture II for a long time, too. I got the manual, but that didn't make it in the pic.

Got a couple of my carts signed (John Sohl signed my Astrosmash, Dave Warhol signed a Thunder Castle I picked up at the show, David Crane signed my Pitfall). I won the Astrosmash competition at the Retrotopia party, and won the Inty handheld, which I had signed by Keith Robinson.

I could have spent soooooooooooooooooo much money there, so I think I was pretty restrained.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

Default Amazing Find Today At Thrift Store

I found at a thrift store 42 nes games all complete in the box and all in mint condition for 2.49 each. They are some weird titles, they are not your typical find, there are no mario games or mega man games and no donkey kong, its some broderbund and taito games and others. The lady was putting these out as i was walking into the store and i bought all of them except like 8 of them that were sports stuff. Let me know how good this find was? thanks.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I mentioned a lot of 10 Elebits dolls a bit ago. Well I looked at them and found the runt of the litter.

Dude's got no eyes! XD Wonder if this is worth anything...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

In the past couple of days, I have found the following items in the following locales:

Goodwill:

-Original grey Gameboy (works great and has the battery cover): $6
    -NFL Quarterback Club 96 for Sega Genesis (complete): $2
    -Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past loose cart for Super NES (the second copy of this game that I've found in the last two weeks): $3

Salvation Army:

-Three original Super NES controllers (all in good cosmetic shape): $1 each
    -NHL 96 loose cart for Super NES: $2
    -Williams Arcade Classics loose cart for Super NES: $2

Yard Sale:

-The Incredibles loose cart for Gameboy Advance: $4
    -Tetris loose cart for original Gameboy (the second copy of this game that I've found in the last two weeks): $4

I am sad to report that I passed up a boxed R6 Super NES game today (Soldiers of Fortune), I need to find some time tomorrow and see if it is still there at Goodwill. Doubtful, I bet. Nothing I want to play and it only sells for $10-12 but it may make good trade bait. I assumed it was just another $4 R2 type of game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    I found at a thrift store 42 nes games all complete in the box and all in mint condition for 2.49 each. They are some weird titles, they are not your typical find, there are no mario games or mega man games and no donkey kong, its some broderbund and taito games and others. The lady was putting these out as i was walking into the store and i bought all of them except like 8 of them that were sports stuff. Let me know how good this find was? thanks.
    Well, we can't do that without a listing of titles, or better yet, pictures!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    If one of the broderbund games was Dusty Diamond's Allstar softball you got a good deal on that...and I'd be glad to take it off your hands too.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I just spent more than I probably ever have spent in a single visit to a thrift store today. I got:

The following complete Master System games for 2.99 each:

Great Baseball
    Great Ice Hockey
    Hang On/Safari Hunt
    OutRun
    Pro Wrestling
    Rampage
    Sports Pad Football

I got so excited when I saw all these Master System games since I've never seen any Master System stuff in the wild before. I bought every single one they had, although it's a shame that most of them are sports titles.

I also found and bought a Master System Light Phaser for 2.99. Between that and the Hang On/Safari Hunt combo cart, I figure these all came from someone who bought the Master System with Light Phaser bundle. I was really, REALLY hoping I'd find a Master System somewhere in the store, but search as I may, nothing turned up. I guess one was never brought in at all or somebody purchased the system and left everything else. Who knows, maybe there were so many sports carts because the games were picked over for more desirable titles? Oh well, doesn't matter regardless because I'm happy with what I got. This has been an interesting summer for me as far as game hunting goes. I haven't gotten anything amazing but I have been finding games for fairly obscure systems, as opposed to the usual Nintendo/Genesis/PlayStation finds. First ColecoVision, then CD-i, and now Master System.

I also found some other nice stuff at the thrift:

Tecmo Super Bowl (NES) - 2.99 loose (Gonna sell it, but I do get another NES sleeve to keep. :P )
    Baseball Stars (NES) - 2.99 loose (Always happy to get more SNK games.)
    Super Mario All-Stars (SNES) - 2.99 (Another to sell. Probably should've bought the Super Mario Bros. 2 that was there to sell as well, but meh.)

And for 4.99 a piece I got the following Genesis games:

Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure - with case (Because apparently there's some unwritten rule that I can't leave a thrift without a licensed Genesis game.)
    Burning Force - with case
    Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Quest - with case (For some reason I was thinking that there was a rare Beauty and the Beast game and that this was it? I must be losing it.)
    Virtua Racing - complete

I kinda got burned by these since I was hesitant to spend that much on them to begin with, but I thought it wouldn't be so bad since they looked really mint and I figured they'd be complete. Turns out I was wrong and only one of the four was. Plus the Beauty and the Beast game wasn't even what I thought it was. Oh well, I figure most if not all of them should be pretty fun, at least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a lot of crap today lol.

All games were CIB and $2. All 7800 except for River Raid (bought cause of a label variant) and Pole Position (which I thought was a 7800 game since it looked exactly like the rest of the 7800 games lol).

SNES not as yellowed as it looks in the picture $15. All games were $2. (also bought Jurassic park cart only for $1.50)

NES games $1.50 each, ps1 games $2.50 each except for megaman, which is sealed for $7. The gamegear and joe montana was $1, the screen hardly works (picture is horribly faded green) and no sound.
    Last edited by wallydawg; 07-31-2007 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went to flea market today and got:

Go! GO! Hypergrind For Gamecube
    Sonic Gems Collection For Gamecube Both for a total of $15.

also got Green Gameboy missing battery cover but it was only $.50

I will post my CGE finds at a later time.

Strawberry (Level 2) misfits859's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here are my finds for today. I was particularly happy about the Phantasy Star III hint book. Never ran up on any of those in the wild before. The COD2 360 game was on the five dollar rack at my local variety shop today. Sega CD's were $3 each, Game Gear's were $2 each and the SNES were $4 each. Ratchet and Jak were on the same $5 shelf as the COD2. Central Kentucky has an annual yard sale which runs down a prominent highway and invades about a dozen counties. It's this weekend and I'm looking forward to some nice finds. Anyway:

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor View Post
    I have been passing up on lots of games lately, just haven't felt like buying much but I decided to drop $4 today for the hell of it: Galaxy Force II boxed, no manual for Genesis.
    Galaxy Force II is one of those games I really WANT to like (being a big Afterburner/Space Harrier fan), but every time I pop it in I'm disappointed. The game feels awfully chopping, and just doesn't seem to control right. I thought at first it was the autofire I didn't care for, but I've switched to different configs and they don't help either. I think I paid $6 or thereabouts for it CIB. Every six months or so I think to myself "I haven't played GFII in a long time, it's probably better than I remember" but it never is. ;-)

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Flea Market..

Though I'm selling most of my handheld-tabletop collection I just could not pass these up for 50 cent each.
    Total $7.00 and they all work..

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

So I saw an ad on CL go up on the 25th for 79 snes games at 2 dollars per. I responded pretty quickly, but never heard back. Assumed they'd be gone, but on a lark last night I emailed again (ad was still up) and got a reply this morning. Went over to check them out, and the story is that the guy only got replies from people trying to offer him a dollar per or less (I'm sure my initial email got lost in the flurry). Well, the guy was really nice and let me pick through them although he later said he'd have been ticked if I only wanted a couple. Didn't actually find anything that great like I expected to. The odds seemed pretty good out 79 games, but oh well, I still had trouble controlling myself, and picked up 40 of them. I'm sure I left something good behind since I don't know my SNES games well. Now the best thing could be yet to come, since he said he had 2 more boxes like that in storage, and that because I was polite in my email and on the phone and didn't try to jack around with the price, he'd call me first when he digs them out in a week. So, keeping my fingers crossed on that.

The games I got: AAAHH!!! Real Monsters, Battle Cars, Battle Clash, Battletoads/DD, Bugs Rabbit Rampage, Captain Commando, Chester Cheetah, Choplifter III, Claymates, Daffy Duck, Darius Twin, Earth Defense Force, Great Waldo Search, Gun Force, HyperZone, Incredible Crash Dummies, Inspector Gadget, Izzy's Quest for the Olympic Rings, Joe and Mac, Kirby's Dream Course, Lester the Unlucky, Lost Vikings, Maui Mallard, Road Riot, Road Runner's, Skyblazer, Speed Racer, Spider-Man/Xmen, Stuunt Race FX, Super Adventure Island, Super Empire, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario RPG, Yoshi's Island, Taz Mania, Tetris Attack, Turtles IV, Wing Commander, World Cup USA 94, Yoshi's Cookie

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

Picked these up at the Goodwill:

Bedlam (PC, sealed) - $2
    Nintendogs: Lab And Friends (DS, sealed) - $10

Not everyday you find brand new games at the thrift store.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today I received a package in the mail from a friend who moved to Korea a little while back. He sent me the Japanese Mega Drive versions of Phantasy Star III and Sword of Vermillion. All in all, a very nice little present.

JY

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    That yellow "talking" baseball game you grabbed, I had the very same one when I was a kid. It was one of my favorite handheld games when I was younger. I loved that one, the fact it actually used real players was cool. The blue Pinball was another favorite and I used to own Lights Out. That is a good find.