Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Question DP Antique Roadshow July 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Sniderman
    Post here to request a price check on that new game you found; to check on the value of some bizarre nicknack; or to request help in assessing the value of your collection (or parts of it).

And if you have an inkling of game values, stop in and assist these folks with your knowledge! No more lost price checks! And the folks-in-the-know will know where to go!

(Of course, price checks posted outside of this thread will be moved, locked, and/or deleted, just to keep things tidy.)
    I'm quoting a couple inquiries from last month below. If anyone can answer them, please do!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Carried over from the last thread:

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nihilism View Post
    I'm curious about Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (Fan Art Edition). It's a 2 disc set with different artwork compared to the regular edition.

I picked this up at Value Village for $3.

Quote Originally Posted by Muscelli View Post
    anybody have an idea what the following DS games are worth complete and in mint condition?

Masquerade Lullaby
    Tendo Dokuta II
    Ouendan II

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

JP PS1 Dragon Ball Final Bout. Complete as far as I can tell mint.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I have a minor item I was curious about, no high priorities here. Get to the other guys first.

-Clear version of the original Game Boy (you can see inside!): same $5-6 as the grey brick or a little higher? She is in good condition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Retrogamer72

Anybody know what a factory sealed Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for Dreamcast goes for these days?
    Message me if you have a Case for Gamecube kiosk disc Version 17! (case only)
    Nintendemos: My Demo & NFR Website!
    DP Feedback

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

a few randoms:

a CD-I white label pinball "not for resale" demonstration disc.

the packaging, paperwork, case and plastic sleeve (everything but the dang card) for a PC-engine super system card 3.0.

case and instructions only (another frustrating find) for gensosuikoden II for the japanese playstation.

playstation rayman 2 demo CD

oh, and is a loose telstar arcade cartridge #4 still worthy of its R9/$100 DP assessment?

thanks very much in advance.
    Last edited by orangest; 09-07-2008 at 02:32 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I need help with pricing a TurboGrafx-16 CD system package

I have a TurboGrafx-16 CD package that I need to sell. Here are some pics of it:

Ok, here is what is included:

1. 1 CD unit - working fine, but doesn't like backups on CD-R's for some reason. Plays retail games just fine, at least the ones I've tried with it

2. 1 TG-16 base unit - working fine, but RF output on the side of the TG-16 is kinda sketchy. You have to tape the wire a certain way for the RF video output to work right. This is a non-factor when used either with the CD Docking station, or a TurboBooster.

3. CD & Base unit Docking station - The docking station doesn't lock correctly. It still works fine, but there is a 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch gap of space between the TG-16 base unit and the docking station, because it doesn't seem to lock down the right way. You can see this in the 3rd pic. Maybe this is something that can be easily fixed, but it doesn't affect the use of the CD system. It still works absolutely fine. It's just a cosmetic thing.

4. 1 CD unit carrying case - The two latches that snap down on the carrying case have snapped off. The case still works fine, and I don't have any trouble transporting my cd unit from place to place with this carrying case. You just have to be more careful how you hold it, because the latches aren't there.

5. Red Alert CD game - This game is known as Last Alert in the US. There isn't any regional encoding when it comes to CD games, and this game works absolutely fine with this unit. The game is complete with instructions, disk and original jewel case. Red Alert is rated as a R5 and $18 for a complete version.

6. System 2.0 Card - Needed to be able to play regular CD games.

7. TurboPad controller

No AC Adapter included. I don't have the AC adapter that powers the docking station, but I was able to test it with a friends AC adapter and the unit is working fine. But you will need to find your own AC adapter. Supposedly the GameCube power adapter will work with the TG-16 CD unit docking station, but you need to use a different sized plug at the end for it to fit. I'm not sure how to exactly do that type of thing, but supposedly it's pretty easy.

Regular video cables aren't included. You can use any red, white and yellow cable with the system for video output and stereo sound. Basically any yellow, red and white cable that is included with a cheapo dvd player will suffice. RF adatper isn't included, but believe me, you want to avoid RF output anyways. Composite is much better. AC adapter for TG-16 unit (when used by itself without the docking station) not included. You can use any NES AC adapter or Genesis model 1 AC Adapter. (Atari Jaguar AC adapters work too).

So, anywho, I have no idea how to price this package. I would like to do it as a BIN. Should I sell Red Alert seperately, considering it's a R5 $18 in rarity? Only thing is, if I do that, then I don't have a single CD game to include with the package. I also haven't included any regular HU cards. I might have an extra Keith Courage I can include. I didn't include a Genny 1 or NES AC adapter to power the TG-16 by itself, I could include one, but that's just more weight added to the package for shipping. You figure anybody buying this already has a Genesis 1 or NES or Jaguar.

What price would you guys put on it? How much should I put for the shipping? I did some searches on Ebay to find some comparisons, but didn't find anything. I know it has alot of issues, but the bottom line is, if you get a GameCube power adapter and put the right sized end on it, you are in business, and you have a working TG-16 CD player.
    Last edited by Anthony1; 07-01-2007 at 09:06 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I found a PS1 store kiosk display at a flea market that is being used by a vendor and I want to make him an offer on it but don't know what would be a good price. It has no stand so you'd have to put the entire display on a table or something. But its got a 13" TV (or so) its got that special version of PS1 with the seperate AV connections in the back. The system is closed inside the lockable case, with 2 controllers comming from it hanging on those rubber "controller sticker outter thingies". The four display cards (2 on each side) with game marquees (one of which being FF7). And from the back of the TV comes a big mettalic piece which hangs a big PS logo over the top of the TV. Who has a ballpark of what I should offer the guy?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think this thread should be titled:

DP Antique Roadshow July 2007 (how much is this stuff worth?)

Reason being, I've always seen the thread "DP Antique Roadshow July 2007", and never really known what the heck it was about. I've never clicked on it, and had no idea it was related to finding out how much something is worth. I vaguely remember that there is a TV program called Antique Roadshow, that has a guy look at various peoples so called antiques, and tells them whether they are worth anything, but somehow I didn't put 2 and 2 together. Anywho, I just think alot of people out there, like me, might not have any idea what the hell this thread is for, unless they actually click on it.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

just my opinion, but I think it was alot easier to find out how much something is worth or to discuss a particular item that has been found in the wild when we were able to create individual threads about our finds. You'd almost always be gaurenteed to get replys back with most, if not, all information answered about the item. Now it kinda just goes past everybody in the roadshow threads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just out of curiosity, anyone know what these are worth? I paid $1 each for them and may be able to get more. Should I get as many as I can get my hands on, or just one set?
    They say "Army and Air Force Exchange Service" on the side and are from 1980.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nihilism
    I'm curious about Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (Fan Art Edition). It's a 2 disc set with different artwork compared to the regular edition.

I picked this up at Value Village for $3.
    Depending on the day and the blowing of the wind, your looking at 50-75 no problem. Its by far the rarest of the 5 Lunar sets for the PlayStation.

Quote Originally Posted by mills View Post
    JP PS1 Dragon Ball Final Bout. Complete as far as I can tell mint.
    Its worth not all that much. 5-10 bucks if you find some crazy person willing to shell out that much for it. It also got a few releases as well so if its the 're-release' its worth closer to that 5 buck range. Does the game have the OBI spine piece as well?
    Last edited by PapaStu; 07-03-2007 at 07:01 PM.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by NES_Rules View Post
    Just out of curiosity, anyone know what these are worth? I paid $1 each for them and may be able to get more. Should I get as many as I can get my hands on, or just one set?
    They say "Army and Air Force Exchange Service" on the side and are from 1980.
    Especilly if you can get em cheap theres enough people that posted alone in response to your post in the finds thread to make you a little monies on them for your time and effort if you can pick up more of them.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

How about a boxed copy of Nobunaga's Ambition II for the NES? I got this the other day and want to trade it away, but I want to know how much I can get for it. The cart has a GameDude sticker on the back and the label's peeled up a bit... and the box is beat up to hell. No manual, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
    I think this thread should be titled:

DP Antique Roadshow July 2007 (how much is this stuff worth?)

Reason being, I've always seen the thread "DP Antique Roadshow July 2007", and never really known what the heck it was about. I've never clicked on it, and had no idea it was related to finding out how much something is worth. I vaguely remember that there is a TV program called Antique Roadshow, that has a guy look at various peoples so called antiques, and tells them whether they are worth anything, but somehow I didn't put 2 and 2 together. Anywho, I just think alot of people out there, like me, might not have any idea what the hell this thread is for, unless they actually click on it.
    QFT. I don't like to complain very much but here goes.

New (and old) members who show up here and post threads asking how much stuff is worth get their thread locked. Yet how many of them actually saw the original tv show this was inspired by? I saw two minutes of it and had no idea what the title was. A new title would help cut down on threads that eventually get locked. Assuming that everybody who comes in here off the streets knows the idea behind the title/thread is asking a little too much.

Granted, members could hang around the board, read FAQ's or posts and learn these things but this current title could suggest any number of things. Somebody who just glances at it might chalk it up to a monthly event like a flea market, convention, retro gaming tournament, an auction, a podcast or something like that.

Of course, the easiest way to find out is to click on the thread someday like Anthony and I did. Still...........
    Last edited by bangtango; 07-04-2007 at 11:09 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree, I don't think the title of this thread is helpful at all.

It should have a more direct name.

Maybe Like Price check: Whats my stuff worth?

or something like that

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

An even better Idea, Start a "Price Check" sub forum and allow people to create a post for there own price check and when it gets answered, lockaroo.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mills View Post
    An even better Idea, Start a "Price Check" sub forum and allow people to create a post for there own price check and when it gets answered, lockaroo.
    Yeah, that's prolly the best idea. The only way I think a DP Antique Roadshow works, is if you have a set group of experts that are assigned to watch this thread and try to determine values and answer the questions. Otherwise, you just get a ton of people asking what such and such is worth, and nobody answering anything. If there was a sub-forum, then each thread would spell out what they are trying to find out, and people that had any interest in that would click on it, and could answer questions. But keeping it like this, it seems the only people that check on this thread are people that are trying to find out what "their" stuff is worth. Not people trying to tell somebody what their shit is worth. Then again, I could be completely talking out my ass right now, cause I haven't really read this thread from the beginning, and I haven't read it any other months, so maybe there are lots of helpful people that come in here and let people know what their junk is worth. I just haven't seen an example of that yet.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah, too much stuff gets overlooked in this thread, and im not sure enough people weigh in to make it useful, but im gonna try it out again anyway.

oh, for the guy with the CD-i demo NFR disc - they dont generally sell for much, maybe $3-$5 each. if you find someone to pay more let me know! im thinking about dumping everything...and i have about 25 of those.

i have a super famicom game copier. its missing both flaps(over the cart openings) and accepts a 3.5" computer disk. i have no way of testing this thing to see if it works, and it didnt come with a power cord. cant try it on ebay, as its illegal to sell, and you can get suspended for listing one. this copier is called a 'supercom partner'.... pics as follows.

Insert Coin (Level 0) velvet396's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Velvet396

I'd like to state my interest in that TG-16 system if that gets me any sort of dibs once you figure out pricing.

Other than that, the supercom partner looks pretty sweet, and the title of the thread is a good start.
    Perhaps keeping the text that's currently there, and adding "(Get your items appraised here)"