Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Im LOOKING FOR YOUR USED DIGITAL PRESS COLLECTORS GUIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Key (Level 9) garagesaleking!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,818
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

    Default Im LOOKING FOR YOUR USED DIGITAL PRESS COLLECTORS GUIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    if you have any used or extra copies of the digital press advance or classic collectors guide books let me know. i want to buy them but cant spend the full price they cost. Or if you could pass one on to me im new to digital press. If you let me have one free i will pay for postage. Let me know. THANKS!

  2. #2
    Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,319
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    if you have any used or extra copies of the digital press advance or classic collectors guide books let me know. i want to buy them but cant spend the full price they cost. Or if you could pass one on to me im new to digital press. If you let me have one free i will pay for postage. Let me know. THANKS!
    Dude, to come onto the DP boards - run by the authors/publishers of this book - and in your first post here to ask for the book for free or for cheap, is pretty tacky, my friend. Pony up the buckage and support this site in the process.

    http://www.digitpress.com/dpg_plug.htm
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

  3. #3
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    103
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    To be fair here he did offer to pay, and the Classic guide has been sold out for quite some time.

  4. #4
    Pac-Man (Level 10) suppafly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    2,710
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    if you have any used or extra copies of the digital press advance or classic collectors guide books let me know. i want to buy them but cant spend the full price they cost. Or if you could pass one on to me im new to digital press. If you let me have one free i will pay for postage. Let me know. THANKS!
    I WILL SELL YOU MINE FOR SOME OF YOUR MONIESSS!!!!!

  5. #5
    Great Puma (Level 12) skaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #vbender
    Posts
    4,724
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

    Default

    But he's royalty!

  6. #6
    Apple (Level 5) MrRoboto19XX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,121
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    St Aspartame

    Default

    Say there garagesaleking!!, do you happen to be a fan of the Odyssey 2?
    Welcome to Macintosh.


  7. #7
    Link (Level 18) Sothy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    IM IN UR BASE, KILLIN UR D00DZ!!@
    Posts
    10,100
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

    Default

    I do believe the Older ones are worth more monies as collectiblres in their own right.


    <@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

  8. #8
    Key (Level 9) fishsandwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,992
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default !

    Tacky is an excellent word. So is moron.
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

  9. #9
    Kirby (Level 13) Griking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,548
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Is the classic guide still in fact for sale here or has it been sold out for a while as I've heard a few times now? There doesn't appear to be a link to buy the guide at the plug site that was linked above.

    It doesn't seem to be available on Amazon.com anymore either unless you want the one being sold used for $59.00

    Seems kind of harsh to slam the guy and tell him to "pony up" and support the site if the site isn't selling it any more.
    Last edited by Griking; 07-01-2007 at 04:38 PM.

  10. #10
    Avoiding OT Vectorman0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CT - USA
    Posts
    4,398
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Griking View Post
    Is the classic guide still in fact for sale here or has it been sold out for a while as I've heard a few times now? There doesn't appear to be a link to buy the guide at the plug site that was linked above.

    It doesn't seem to be available on Amazon.com anymore either unless you want the one being sold used for $59.00

    Seems kind of harsh to slam the guy and tell him to "pony up" and support the site if the site isn't selling it any more.
    They aren't available online anymore, however telling him to pony up beyond begging for a free copy is hardly what I would call harsh.


  11. #11
    ServBot (Level 11) Slate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,659
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    80
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    He was TYPING IN ALL CAPS, Though.

  12. #12
    Pear (Level 6) Gentlegamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,207
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suppafly View Post
    I WILL SELL YOU MINE FOR SOME OF YOUR MONIESSS!!!!!
    EAT COMMUNISM!!!11!!

  13. #13
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    103
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0 View Post
    They aren't available online anymore, however telling him to pony up beyond begging for a free copy is hardly what I would call harsh.

    Well, he did. Maybe everyone should reread that post instead of just jumping on the dogpile. I haven't seen such a mob mentality in a long time. He basically said he wanted to buy a used copy from someone, and if someone happened to have one for free he would take it. The only problem I could possibly see is that he posted it in the wrong section... and that some of you need to chill out.

  14. #14
    Insert Coin (Level 0) 8Ways2Tuesday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Port Huron, MI
    Posts
    134
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I think the capslock is really what's off-putting. And apparently not hanging around the forum for a bit before making a first post to understand what proper behavior consists of.

  15. #15
    Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,319
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    OK GANG YOUR RITE I SHOULD NOT HAVE BEN SO HARSH ANYWAYZ A NEW DP GUIDE THATZ UPDATED WILL BE OUT IN AUGUST SO THEIR WILL BE GUIDES AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    <ahem>

    Snarky asshattedness aside, he did offer to pay, but not at full price. Or free was even better. As a first post, it's like going on the Sony forums and asking where you can download a torrent of Spider-Man 3. Just not a good way to endear yourself right out of the starting gate.

    To be honest, Sothy's right - the earlier DP Guides are collector's items in their own right (for some damn reason) and sell for much more than the cover price. (Who would've guessed?) My best advice is to wait until August when the newly updated classic guide is released, and - in the meantime - save up the pocket change so you can pony up the $25 for the book.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

  16. #16
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    6,165
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Griking View Post
    Is the classic guide still in fact for sale here or has it been sold out for a while as I've heard a few times now? There doesn't appear to be a link to buy the guide at the plug site that was linked above.

    It doesn't seem to be available on Amazon.com anymore either unless you want the one being sold used for $59.00

    Seems kind of harsh to slam the guy and tell him to "pony up" and support the site if the site isn't selling it any more.
    I don't see him make mention of not being able to purchase the book on the site. Frankly he just seems like a spammer to me.

    $59 on Amazon? Is this common knowledge or did you actually go to the trouble to research this? In defense of a one-post likely spammer? Have you ground the axe to dust yet? Why don't you tell us what your problem is once and for all?

  17. #17
    Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,353
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniderman View Post
    OK GANG YOUR RITE I SHOULD NOT HAVE BEN SO HARSH ANYWAYZ A NEW DP GUIDE THATZ UPDATED WILL BE OUT IN AUGUST SO THEIR WILL BE GUIDES AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    <ahem>

    Snarky asshattedness aside, he did offer to pay, but not at full price. Or free was even better. As a first post, it's like going on the Sony forums and asking where you can download a torrent of Spider-Man 3. Just not a good way to endear yourself right out of the starting gate.
    That and the fact if he were to get a "free" book, you'd probably never see him on the forums again. Unless it were in Buy/Sell to sell some of the stuff he picks up from garage sales. Basically, he's using the book to make money off of his garage sale wares, I'd say.

    The only way to top a first post asking for the DP Guides for free would be to come on here with your very first post and asking if people have any duplicate NES games ("BOXEDDD ARE BEST!!!!!!") that they can send for free.

  18. #18
    Kirby (Level 13) Griking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,548
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Ice View Post
    I don't see him make mention of not being able to purchase the book on the site. Frankly he just seems like a spammer to me.

    $59 on Amazon? Is this common knowledge or did you actually go to the trouble to research this? In defense of a one-post likely spammer? Have you ground the axe to dust yet? Why don't you tell us what your problem is once and for all?
    Follow the link in my original post and see.

    Tell you my problem? For the most part whenever I've entered a debate here I've always thought that I'd made my feelings clear. Besides, I don't think that this is the time or the thread to go into details about it again.

  19. #19
    Pear (Level 6) DefaultGen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,272
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I DONT HAVE ONE SoRRY

  20. #20
    I like Fezzes. Fezzes are cool. ubikuberalles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    5,240
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    The only way to top a first post asking for the DP Guides for free would be to come on here with your very first post and asking if people have any duplicate NES games ("BOXEDDD ARE BEST!!!!!!") that they can send for free.
    That or asking for ROMZ and other warez.

    A name like garagesaleking makes me think that he knew all along the high asking price of the guide on Amazon. He then shows his contempt of the DP membership by trying to dupe us into selling to him at a discount so he could turn it around and sell it on E-bay (or a garage sale - duh) for a nice profit.

    If he wasn't trying to scam us then he was insanely naive or hopelessly optimistic. How could anyone expect a discount price for the asking on their very first post?

    Either way I'm not wasting any tears on the dogpiling he got.

    (Pronounced: OO-bik-OO-ber-ALL-ess)
    Reality is false and decaying. Ubik restores form and substance.

Similar Threads

  1. FS Digital press Collector's Guides
    By Steve_the_tiger in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 04:37 PM
  2. WTB: Digital Press Classic and Advance collectors guides
    By garagesaleking!! in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 07:59 AM
  3. The Digital Press gaming guides.
    By Alison DeMeyer in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 04:42 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 04:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •