So, I decided to stop by a "flea market" a few miles from my office the other day. I was hoping it could be a nice little place for a great find, due to the location. I had driven by the strip mall this place is in many times but never yet stopped. It looked dirty from the outside and just had a sign saying "Flea Market" on the outside.

Anyway, I park outside and go in the front doors. I couldn't avert my eyes from the trainwreck in front of me. It was less of a flea market, and more of a thrift store that was not EVER cleaned. Junk was spilling off of shelves onto the floors, various piles of books, clothes, junky electronics.

I wandered around looking for things that I might want to pick up: I spotted a model 1 Genesis on the ground under a shelf, no cables or anything. Walked on by it. I meandered over to a shelf that seemed generally geared to electronic devices. Spotted an Atari 2600 cart. Basketball, non Sears. Grabbed it, just for the heck of it. Wandered around more, peering in every pile of junk. Only one more thing caught my eye, a severely yellowed SNES with again, no cables and lying on the ground under a shelf of lamps.

I walk to the front (having to squeeze between shelves, stretch over piles of junk), and this is where I start finding it hard not to laugh. Sitting in various places near the front of the store are three older (60s?) women who obviously are working or own the place.

Me: How much for this game?
Lady 1: Well, I don't know what is it....?
Me: It's an old Atari game....
Lady 2: Well, how much is it worth, I don't really know.
Me: I could probably give you 50c to a dollar for this one. I usually pay a buck for games like this one.
Lady 1: (looks thoughtful) HEY CAMILLA!! Isn't these Atari games hard to find and worth some kinda money?
Camilla: mmmmmHmmmmm. They're worth money.
Lady 1: Well son, you probably know more about this than me. How much is it worth?
Me: Again, I can give you 50c or a dollar for it.

Then she looks at me like I'm trying to rob her, and says that she better just keep it so she can "keep an eye on it."

I walked out trying hard not to just laugh at the whole situation in this crappy little junk store. I guess she showed me! She is now in sole possession of the illustrious Basketball..which most likely will now never get sold :P Maybe the next little store I come across will be a winner, this was definitely not though