Thread: Getting to DP Store from Manhattan.. How?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Getting to DP Store from Manhattan.. How?

Looks like I'm going to spending a weekend in Manhatten for the US Open and I want to finally hit the DP store while I'm there. I know the store is relatively close, but have no idea how to get there (taxi, subway, train, horse drawn carriage, etc).

What's the cheapest way that's not too terribly difficult? I'd be making the trip on a Saturday if it makes any difference.

Thanks!
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cataractula
    PSN
    CTRCT

The best way to get there would be to take a car, but if your visiting you probably wouldn't have access to one. There might be a crazy bus route you could take. I would suggest trying to find a bus route, that would be the only way I could think of.

I know that there are a few buses (or busi) that go from Port Authority to Jersey, but I suggest doing some serious research on this one.

Sorry for not being able to help you on this.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I wish I could tell you more about PATH trains but I have no experience with them, and living so close to the city I haven't done any public transportation since before I owned a car. That's a long time ago. My first car was a Ford Pinto. 'Nuff said.

However, there are plenty of buses from NJ Transit to the Port Authority in NYC. Take a look at the bus schedule for Saturdays from NYC to Clifton via the "190", "191" or "192" line here:
    http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0190.pdf
    http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0191.pdf
    http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0192.pdf

Looking at this, the dropoff at Allwood is the closest to my store but that's still over a mile away. At that point though, someone could come pick you up.

You might want to check around a little more at the NJ Transit site:
    http://www.njtransit.com/hp/hp_servl...ion=HomePageTo

In the meantime I'll check with a few of the store regulars. One of the kids who works with me is taking a bus into the city and might be able to spot a better route.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome! Thanks for the info Joe!

Strawberry (Level 2) JerseyDevil65's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 98PaceCar View Post
    Looks like I'm going to spending a weekend in Manhatten for the US Open and I want to finally hit the DP store while I'm there. I know the store is relatively close, but have no idea how to get there (taxi, subway, train, horse drawn carriage, etc).

What's the cheapest way that's not too terribly difficult? I'd be making the trip on a Saturday if it makes any difference.

Thanks!

You might be better off renting a car. Go over the GW Bridge and follow the signs for Route 46 West and take that all way to Clifton (about 15 miles, the store will be on the eastbound side.). Route 46 has tons of traffic lights but its the most direct route without getting lost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually did what Joe is talking about personally. It isn't that hard at all and it only takes about 20-30 minutes. As he said, the closest stop to his store is about a mile away, and you can't really walk it because it is a mile that is filled with highways that you can't cross unless you are on another highway.
    I was lucky enough to be picked up and dropped off by some nice people who were in attendance of NAVA.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by 98PaceCar View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for the info Joe!
    OK I got some better details. Use the schedule for the "190" above. That one takes you very close to the store, the White Castle is on the corner of Main and Piaget in Clifton, easily walking distance. This is the bus one of the kids who works here uses to get to school in the city.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    OK I got some better details. Use the schedule for the "190" above. That one takes you very close to the store, the White Castle is on the corner of Main and Piaget in Clifton, easily walking distance. This is the bus one of the kids who works here uses to get to school in the city.
    Perfect! I can manage that easily.

It's looking very favorable that I'll be there the end of August, so I'll finally be able to check out your store. Well, provided my credit cards have cooled off after CGE that is! ;-)

Thanks as always Joe!