Thread: TurboGrafx-16 CD package up for grabs

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default TurboGrafx-16 CD package up for grabs

I have a TurboGrafx-16 CD package that I'd like to sell. Here are some pics of it:

Ok, here is what is included:

1. 1 CD unit - working fine, but doesn't like backups on CD-R's for some reason. Plays retail games just fine, at least the ones I've tried with it

2. 1 TG-16 base unit - working fine, but RF output on the side of the TG-16 is kinda sketchy. You have to tape the wire a certain way for the RF video output to work right. (RF adapter not included, I think you can use any NES RF adapter with it) This is a non-factor when used either with the CD Docking station, or a TurboBooster.

3. CD & Base unit Docking station - The docking station doesn't lock correctly. It still works fine, but there is a 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch gap of space between the TG-16 base unit and the docking station, because it doesn't seem to lock down the right way. You can see this in the 3rd pic. Maybe this is something that can be easily fixed, but it doesn't affect the use of the CD system. It still works absolutely fine. It's just a cosmetic thing.

4. 1 CD unit carrying case - The two latches that snap down on the carrying case have snapped off. The case still works fine, and I don't have any trouble transporting my cd unit from place to place with this carrying case. You just have to be more careful how you hold it, because the latches aren't there.

5. Red Alert CD game - This game is known as Last Alert in the US. There isn't any regional encoding when it comes to CD games, and this game works absolutely fine with this unit. The game is complete with instructions, disk and original jewel case. Red Alert is rated as a R5 and $18 for a complete version.

6. System 2.0 Card - Needed to be able to play regular CD games.

7. TurboPad controller

No AC Adapter included. I don't have the AC adapter that powers the docking station, but I was able to test it with a friends AC adapter and the unit is working fine. But you will need to find your own AC adapter. Radio Shack carries a particular AC Adapter that will power the docking station. Here it is:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

It's $22.99. You also get 1 free "tip" with it. Make sure to use the "N" tip. Supposedly the Adapter and tips can be found at some local Radio Shacks. YMMV.

Regular video cables aren't included. You can use any red, white and yellow cable with the system for video output and stereo sound. Basically any yellow, red and white cable that is included with a cheapo dvd player will suffice. RF adatper isn't included, but believe me, you want to avoid RF output anyways. Composite is much better. AC adapter for TG-16 unit (when used by itself without the docking station) not included. You can use any NES AC adapter or Genesis model 1 AC Adapter. (Atari Jaguar AC adapters work too).

I know it has alot of issues, but the bottom line is, if you get the Radio Shack power adapter, with the "N" tip, you are in business, and you have a working TG-16 CD player for $99 plus exact shipping cost. As for the shipping, with the carrying case, the whole thing is kinda heavy. I'm guessing UPS Ground would be the best way to go. Probably around $20 or so. I will only charge what UPS charges me.
    Last edited by Anthony1; 07-09-2007 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

you've got a pm

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

1. 1 CD unit - working fine, but doesn't like backups on CD-R's for some reason. Plays retail games just fine, at least the ones I've tried with it
    I'm thinking the pot that controls laser intensity needs to be adjusted to rectify this, just a thought for the next owner.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going to throw this on Ebay tomorrow morning, but I thought I would take one last chance to see if anybody on here wants it. If I put it on Ebay, I will part it out, and sell the various items seperately for quite a bit more than $99, but if somebody would like the whole package, it's only $99 and the shipping would be $19 for anywhere in the lower 48 states, and that includes $100 insurance on the package.

Let me know quick, cause I'm going to part this package out and throw the individual pieces on Ebay tomorrow morning, unless somebody here wants this.

- A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

pm sent
    do not buy/get system repair from martin krohn aka iamnotageek.com

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still have this package available. I was going to part it out and sell the pieces individually on Ebay, but I have everything all packed up into one box, ready to be shipped, so I thought I would give it one last try to sell it as a whole package. I can sell this for $95, plus $19 shipping, anywhere to the lower 48 states. Shipping would be via UPS ground, and would include $100 insurance.

If interested, let me know. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If it's still available a month from now. I might take it, ...., even though I hate you. However I'm in the process of closing on a house and have suspended all game spending till I make the move.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Silljo View Post
    If it's still available a month from now. I might take it, ...., even though I hate you.

absolutely hilarious!!

Insert Coin (Level 0) hindsr1976's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PM sent