Hey everyone, I have an issue here. Now, see, I have a Greatest Hits copy of Twisted Metal Black (NTSC, for the PS2) that just refuses to load! If it helps, it's on a DVD-ROM, SCUS 97101. I tried it on my PS2 (old model...got it around 2002) and my sister's PS2 (2001/2002 model) and the game refuses to load up past the "Playstation 2" logo. I have checked the disc over and over again for any deep scratches and there are absolutely none at all. There are only light scratches here and there and a few smudges where I have tried to clean the disc with CD cleaning tools. I have some PS2 games that have more scratches than that and they still work! Here is what happens when I put the disc in my PS2:

1. The system actually reconigzes (spelling) the game as a PS2 game (as seen in the Browser).

2. The system loads up the PS2 logo.

3. The PS2 logo fades and I'm stuck on a never-ending black screen. All I hear inside is the PS2 trying to read the disc....Just to let you know, my PS2 plays DVD-ROM and Compact Discs (the blue backed ones) flawlessly. This is the only game that does this to me. Any clue on how to fix this?