Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EA, Nascar, and Nintendo

Banana (Level 7) snes_collector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default EA, Nascar, and Nintendo

For the past few years EA has been skipping the release of Nascar games on Nintendo systems. I suppose you could say the passed on the GC releases because the GC wasn't as "popular" as the PS2 or Xbox. But now that the Wii is out and the hot thing why hang us out to dry?

I'm probably the minority here, but I really do enjoy Nascar games, and I don't currently have a PS2 or Xbox. So the past few years I haven't got to play the games. A 08 port would be fine for me, they don't have to put motion sensitive controls in or anything.

Thanks EA, for hanging us out again.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

try NASCAR Sim Racing for the PC
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

With Nintendo sponsoring Biffle's car, I'd expect the Wiii to get at least one NASCAR game.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

better yet, pick up a copy of "From Dirt to Daytona" for the GC. Hands down it is a better game to play....but i'm a bit partial to anything that has to do with dirt racing.
    Keep It Stinky, Baby

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Yeah, fuck you EA for not wanting to lose money by releasing a game on a system it probably wouldn't sell on. Bastards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddychester View Post
    better yet, pick up a copy of "From Dirt to Daytona" for the GC. Hands down it is a better game to play....but i'm a bit partial to anything that has to do with dirt racing.
    Already got it.

Yeah, fuck you EA for not wanting to lose money by releasing a game on a system it probably wouldn't sell on. Bastards
    Why wouldn't it sell on Wii? I see not releasing it on GC but Wii is a different story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddychester View Post
    better yet, pick up a copy of "From Dirt to Daytona" for the GC.
    Yea, I came to recommend it as well. I haven't put any time into the more recent EA Nascar games, but I've heard that their driving model is inferior in them compares to the Nascar Heat games. Shame EA has the exclusive license

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Quote Originally Posted by snes_collector View Post
    Why wouldn't it sell on Wii? I see not releasing it on GC but Wii is a different story.
    Because graphically the Wii can't compete with the 360 and PS3, and graphics are paramount to simulations like the NASCAR games.

Here's what you need to do. Buy a used PS2 or XBOX and the last NASCAR game made for either system. You'll spend less than $100 and have a better graphical experience than playing any racing game on the Wii. Pick up a steering wheel for either system and you'll have the whole package for under $150.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boatofcar View Post
    Here's what you need to do. Buy a used PS2 or XBOX and the last NASCAR game made for either system. You'll spend less than $100 and have a better graphical experience than playing any racing game on the Wii. Pick up a steering wheel for either system and you'll have the whole package for under $150.
    boatofcar is right. Might as well pick up nascar 06 instead of 07, since they really didn't add anything substantial to the formula. For a small amount of money you can get Nascar and open yourself up to the entire library of PS2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, thats probably what I'll have to do. Since it looks like I won't be able to get my racing fix with my Wii.

Now to just find one at a decent price...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Because graphically the Wii can't compete with the 360 and PS3, and graphics are paramount to simulations like the NASCAR games.
    Add to that the fact that there wasn't a wheel for the GC (IIRC) and there doesn't seem to be one in the works for the Wii, and there you go.

Not trying to be a jerk, and sorry if my first post sounded like that, but if I was into sim racers (and I am), I wouldn't count on a Nintendo console to host them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wrong View Post
    Add to that the fact that there wasn't a wheel for the GC (IIRC) and there doesn't seem to be one in the works for the Wii, and there you go.
    The wii already had a wheel announced at e3 called the wii wheel. It will come with Mario Kart Wii. I don't expect Mario Kart to be out till sometime next year. I except future racing games on the wii to take advantage including the next nascar game next year.

Here is where I got it from: http://e307.joystiq.com/2007/07/11/e...-2007-keynote/
    with the part of the article saying:
    9:40AM PDT - Mario Kart on Wii burns rubber online, the first quarter of 2008. " More racers means more fun. How many more? Stay tuned." A custom Wii wheel makes its debut with Mario Kart Wii! "Like the Wii zapper, this steering wheel has the ability to level the playing field for new gamers." It'll come packaged with Mario Kart Wii.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 07-22-2007 at 07:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by snes_collector View Post
    Yeah, thats probably what I'll have to do. Since it looks like I won't be able to get my racing fix with my Wii.

Now to just find one at a decent price...
    Perfect timing. Gamestop/EB just lowered their used PS2 price to $79.99 last week. This the new permanent price, not a sale.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really hope that's not another half-assed Wii accessory where you just put the Wii controller inside of it and hold it in the air like a real wheel. Because that's what it looks like in the pic. It literally looks like it's the size of a bagel too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    It literally looks like it's the size of a bagel too.
    That thing is microscopic. God damn, I can't see anyone getting much enjoyment out of that. You really need a base of some sort (and optimally some pedals), because a free floating steering wheel is more of an annoyance than anything. 'specially when it's a free floating steering wheel that's about to get its ass dunked in coffee. Hot coffee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wrong View Post
    Add to that the fact that there wasn't a wheel for the GC (IIRC)...
    What are you talking about? Several different racing wheels were released for the Gamecube. I had the InterAct V-Thunder Racing Wheel to play Burnout 2 and Mario Kart: Double Dash.

Do a search on Amazon.com or eBay.com.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    What are you talking about? Several different racing wheels were released for the Gamecube. I had the InterAct V-Thunder Racing Wheel to play Burnout 2 and Mario Kart: Double Dash.

Do a search on Amazon.com or eBay.com.
    I think he meant that there wasn't a *good* wheel released for the Gamecube.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think he meant that there wasn't a *good* wheel released for the Gamecube.
    According to GameSpy.com, Logitech's Speed Force and Interact's V-Thunder Racing Wheel are both good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Yeah, if what Reggie is holding is supposed to be the Wii wheel, I stand by my statement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon View Post
    try NASCAR Sim Racing for the PC
    Horrible game in my opinion, try Papyrus's simulation titled NASCAR Racing 2003 Season. Just be prepared to pay a premium for it since it's hard to find these days.

EA tried twice to put it's NASCAR titles on the GameCube and they just didn't sell well.

I second NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona for the GameCube (Aka NASCAR Heat 2), it's the best you can get for consoles.

It's coming out for the Playstation 2 as well, which kills that theory.

Quote Originally Posted by 7th lutz View Post
    The wii already had a wheel announced at e3 called the wii wheel. It will come with Mario Kart Wii. I don't expect Mario Kart to be out till sometime next year. I except future racing games on the wii to take advantage including the next nascar game next year.
    lol

That's just a mounting for the Wii-mote, it's not a real wheel, not to mention it won't have pedals.

I really hope that's not another half-assed Wii accessory where you just put the Wii controller inside of it and hold it in the air like a real wheel. Because that's what it looks like in the pic. It literally looks like it's the size of a bagel too.
    That's exactly what it is.

If you guys want a NASCAR simulation, buy NASCAR Racing 2003 Season for the PC. Papyrus is the only one that has ever done this sport justice, EA Sport's attempts are extremely poor in comparison.