Thread: Garbage Pail Kids and The Sega Master System!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

Default Garbage Pail Kids and The Sega Master System!

In 1986 Garbage Pail Kids had launched the "3rd Series" we were all trading cards like "Juicy Jessica" and "Roy-Bot" down on the playground. My friends were all suckers for the newest cards, so I would gladly trade their 1st and 2nd series for my cards.

In that same year my best friend at the time bought a Sega Master System. Unfortunately Chris lived over an hour away so my visits with "Alex Kidd" and "Wonderboy" were few and far between.

Everytime my Mom would drive out there to visit her high school friend (Chris' Mom), there my brother Kurt and I would be. Of course we would tote a huge number of Garbage Pail Kids!

I remember playing Space Harrier for so long one night that it was 8:30 A.M. before we even considered going to bed.

One hot summer night we decided that it would be in our best interest to sleep in Chris' pop-up camper with his 8 inch T.V. and the Master System......it turned out not to be.

Chris was a very, shall we say, hyper kid and I was very involved with the dark arts known as Garbage Pail Kids trading. We fought like cats and dogs that night over who got the next turn on Hang-On, who was getting what out of the HUGE trade we were conjuring, who my little brother thought was cooler........you know REALLY important stuff.

The next morning we decided we weren't friends. I only remember punching him in the face and regreting it SO bad! My Mom stopped our already infrequent trips to visit Chris and his Mom.

Everytime I play my Master System or look at my Garbage Pail Kids it makes me think about the fun we used to have on those visits. I wish he and I had even seen each other after that. I guarantee he stayed as huge a game nerd as I. We probably would have been long-time friends!
    Last edited by drwily008; 07-24-2007 at 09:58 AM.

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dude, I still have about over 120 Garbage Pail Kids cards from 1986 and 1987. I left them in an old cigar box about 15 years ago and recently discovered them in 2001. I almost have every single one to complete the "JOLTED JOEL" poster "51a" card from series 2.
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am quite the garbage pail kid (gpk for rest of this post) nut. I have two gpk tattoos currently (Adam Bomb and Losing Faith...maybe I should take some current pictures of them). I also have many unopened packs of gpk and wacky packages from back in the day not to mention many loose cards. A few of the people who have bought from me or traded with me on the forums can vouch for the fact that I sometimes like to include a pack of gpk or wacky packages cards with their package.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thetoxicone View Post
    I am quite the garbage pail kid (gpk for rest of this post) nut. I have two gpk tattoos currently (Adam Bomb and Losing Faith...maybe I should take some current pictures of them). I also have many unopened packs of gpk and wacky packages from back in the day not to mention many loose cards. A few of the people who have bought from me or traded with me on the forums can vouch for the fact that I sometimes like to include a pack of gpk or wacky packages cards with their package.
    Looking for your trade thread NOW.

I used to collect these, too. I remember Adam Bomb (Cirno Bill was his alternate name, right?) I don't remember "Losing Faith."

Also, I found a picture of another guy with an Adam Bomb tattoo.

-Mark

Wanted: Activision Patches - PM me.
    Wanted: Popful Mail Case/Manual - PM me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    Looking for your trade thread NOW.

I used to collect these, too. I remember Adam Bomb (Cirno Bill was his alternate name, right?) I don't remember "Losing Faith."

Also, I found a picture of another guy with an Adam Bomb tattoo.

Adam Bomb's counterpart was "Blasted Billy".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drwily008 View Post
    Adam Bomb's counterpart was "Blasted Billy".
    I see... I got that from here. (And misspelled it!)
    http://www.garbagepailkids.org/adam2.jpg
    -Mark

Wanted: Activision Patches - PM me.
    Wanted: Popful Mail Case/Manual - PM me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My adam bomb looks a lot better than that one, It's pretty hard to take a picture of your upper arm and make it look good when you are by yourself, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to take pictures as my wife won't be home until then

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You should give more details about why you punched him in the face.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!