I was thinking today about the state of current gaming, and how in ways it could be much more enjoyable and immersive. I think back to the days of news reports of how some gamers would literally "track" other players in real life cause of things done to them "in game". I also have seen many fights break out over gaming as well. I was in a Bases Loaded championship back in the day and saw one guy break another guys nose cause he lost the playoff spot.

Gaming is just like any other sport, some are better than others, but it's a very young sport and people are still vastly under educated and almost even catered to because of this lack of being able to control their emotions. So who pays? We as videogamers do! When in real life someone can't excel in a certain aspect of life they generally "move on" and find something more suited to their abilities. So why in gaming do we constantly cater to these whiney gamers?

I think i'm in a vast majority, but one that just doesn't speak up enough. We as hardcore gamers have to start saying, hey, that's enough. Stop marketing in catering to every demographic and start catering to the majority. If the majority is people who don't like dangerous environments with consequences then I may just have to bow out myself, and I will. I would say people need to learn the difference between a virtual world and the real world. Each can have their own consequences, but in no way should one overlap the other.

I bring this up cause I recently started playing Eve Online again, and it seems that the whiney gamers have won again. People were givin snowball launchers as a christmas gift 2 years ago, and some complained cause they thought they were "really" being attacked in game, therefore being shot down by concord cause they would retaliate. So much for building character I guess. HELLO ITS A SNOWBALL! It's your fault if your so stupid to not realize.

It just seems to me the gaming industry has some great ideas, but they are constantly halted cause of these gamers who can't deal with the way it is designed, games are constantly "dumbed down" cause I believe the video game company feels responsible of the consequences considering how some gamers have taken in game consequences into the real world. Hopefully the majority of gamers nowadays are waking up and realizing that, it's just a game.

So many seem to want their games to be so vanilla......well not me, I like feeling challenged. Ever wonder why you get so bored with so many online games nowadays? That's why. There may be challenges "in game", but nothing compares to a challenge from a real person or feels the same.

If I wanted that kind of entertainment I would go outside and play with a rock, wait....maybe that would even be more fun.