Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whiney gamers ruin it for Hardcore gamers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alot of the post in here , give me a smirk XD
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    No. Gaming is not a sport. Call it a "competitive activity" if you like, but please don't ever call it a sport.
    if a sport can be a game, then a game can be a sport... I just wish that pro gaming and the industry as a whole wasn't totally dominated by FPS... FUCK FPS... give all the other genres an equal share of the big prize money and send all the fraggers back to hell where they came from... fraggers are the same fucktards who play paintball... too much of a pussy to fight a real war in the real world, so they play pretend war all the time instead of putting all those skills to good use in the military... or maybe they just suck too bad to have any real world skills... either way, they fucking suck... blowing $1000's on hardware just to play fake war... and it pisses me off that the industry caters to them all and places them all on a pedestal for it... they all suck, and they all should have to go fight a real war in the real world for big prize money, if they wanna get paid for bullshit! FPS is the bane of all gaming...
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon View Post
    if a sport can be a game, then a game can be a sport... I just wish that pro gaming and the industry as a whole wasn't totally dominated by FPS... FUCK FPS... give all the other genres an equal share of the big prize money and send all the fraggers back to hell where they came from... fraggers are the same fucktards who play paintball... too much of a pussy to fight a real war in the real world, so they play pretend war all the time instead of putting all those skills to good use in the military... or maybe they just suck too bad to have any real world skills... either way, they fucking suck... blowing $1000's on hardware just to play fake war... and it pisses me off that the industry caters to them all and places them all on a pedestal for it... they all suck, and they all should have to go fight a real war in the real world for big prize money, if they wanna get paid for bullshit! FPS is the bane of all gaming...
    agreed

MOST of these ppl are the most closed minded of any gamers even more so than those that call themselves "hardcore" the FPS/HALO fanatics are the ones that ONLY buy the Sports games the GTAs and of course drool over anything that even remotely resembles a HALO type game so that they can hate on it and claim Halo as the savior of videogames as we know it and nothing came before it and nothing will ever exist after it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

if a sport can be a game, then a game can be a sport...
    (Can you, just for once, end a sentence with ONE SINGLE PERIOD? I'd like to see that.)

That is horrible logic. Shall we call poker, billiards, and Monopoly sports as well, and put them in the same category as soccer and football?

I would say FPSs dominate pro gaming simply because there is no other genre which has an equally strong multiplayer aspect. The exception is of course RTS games, which dominate pro gaming much, much more than FPSs in some areas. Watching two people face off over Final Fantasy XII would lack the same thrill, I suspect.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't been on the boards in awhile, and this is a good post to return too.

Where have I been for these past couple months, playing SWG. That's right, I said it, and my character is a Jedi.

Some people consider being a "hardcore gamer" a elitist of video games. I see a hardcore gamer as a person with too much time on their hands, but that may be just me.

FPS Games: Hey man, I am mediocre at them. I don't get into a hissy fit with other gamers that barely play games but are better than me at Halo. Good for them. They found a game they enjoy playing and got good at it. What is wrong with that? Paintballing is also fun. It is like a live fps game where you don't have to worry about dying. Try it out sometime, you will have a blast.

GTA Games: I personally own every single one except for Vice City Stories. I love them. They are fun games. If you don't like the game, don't play it, but don't tell me the games are not fun when I really enjoy playing them.

SWG: I heard you say something about Jedi from preCU/preNGE. Now I used to play SWG back in those days, and if my memory serves me correctly (I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure I am golden on this one), to even have a force sensitive character, you had to do way too many missions and grinding, and then you were hand picked by GM or somebody that did something on the server to become a jedi. Not everybody back then that did all of that stuff got to be a Jedi. I would be mad if I was still playing that game and didn't get to be a Jedi just because I wasn't picked (that's why I play video games, because I suck at sports and never got picked to be on the good team when we played kick ball).

SWG was very buggy when it 1st came out. They have been changing it and making it a real game instead of an ongoing beta. They have modularized most, if not all, of the game so that updates can be done much easier and fixing bugs can be done much quicker.

I don't listen to all of those people that complain about how good it used to be. It wasn't all that great. I know, I used to play it. I came back after they implemented NGE/CU and was very pleased.

Sports games: Hey, I suck at sports. I barely know all the rules and penalties for these games. People do really enjoy shelling out $60 every year for the new one, and they actually enjoy games.

What does all of this boil down too?
    If a game is too easy for you, then find a challenge, because there are many challenging games out there that you can play instead.

And, the most important one...
    As video game enthusiasts (we are members of this board, that should say enough), we should accept every kind of person into video games. If somebody enjoys playing a game, who are we to judge that they are watering down the market, they enjoy these games. Isn't that was playing these games are all about?

Yes, some games are extremely difficult if you haven't played the games before it, so. I haven't played through a Madden game since Madden 97 on the Saturn. I don't know about all the stuff you can do in the game.

Games are not being watered down or made so that you need to play the games before it, the sequels are out there so that people that wanted more of a game after they beat the prequel can enjoy more. It would be like me letting you use my character in SWG and saying that the game isn't meant for you since I have a lvl 59 character. You would have to figure everything out from scratch and also not have the option to play through the beginning stuff to get a handle of the game.

I might as well repeat this again for the nay-sayers: If somebody enjoys a game, truly enjoys a game, who are you to judge that it is a game that should have never been made/upgraded/had a sequel.

Embrace the casual gamers. Show them personally that there are many other games out there, but if they still want to play their Madden and Halo, let them have fun.

As for the virtual world vs. real world, uh, if you have troubles depicting fantasy from reality, then there is something else going on in your head that has nothing to do with video games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What the fuck? How can you bash FPS like that? You're not even bringing up valid points. just because you're good at FPS doesn't mean you're good at shooting a gun. moving a mouse or an analog stick is NOT the same as aiming on a real gun. Trust me. I've done both. Same with paintball. You've obviously never shot a real gun or else you wouldn't even have said any of that. And what about the people in the military that play FPS? Bungie brought a beta build of halo 3 to a troop of soldiers in iraq. I'm all up for opinions but You sir, are a blithering moron, STFU and GTFO.

Pretzel (Level 4) monkeychemist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if a sport can be a game, then a game can be a sport...
    This is terrible logic.

It is like saying if all girls are human, then all humans are girls...

I'm sorry to break your fantasy world but as fun as video games are or board games for that matter, they are not sports. Here is the definition from dictionary.com:

"an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc."

so maybe Wii Sports could be considered a sport...but none of the others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by monkeychemist View Post
    This is terrible logic.

It is like saying if all girls are human, then all humans are girls...

I'm sorry to break your fantasy world but as fun as video games are or board games for that matter, they are not sports. Here is the definition from dictionary.com:

"an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc."

so maybe Wii Sports could be considered a sport...but none of the others.
    Something being called a sport is a very gray area today. Golf is considered a sport. Yes, it requires alot of skill, but you could do really well and not be athletic (golf carts anybody?).

How athletic do you have to be to drive a car (NASCAR anybody)? That is also considered a sport.

I just wanted to throw out that discussing whether or not something is a sport is not easy, because even with definitions, many things are considered sports when there is not much athletisicm in it. (bad grammar, sorry)

All I am saying is that it is a very gray area, very gray.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    Something being called a sport is a very gray area today. Golf is considered a sport.
    Not true. Golf is a game, according to its own rulebook.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sabre2922 View Post
    I pick up one sports game per year and maybe a new Madden once every 3 years and I do like SOME FPS but the only FPS ive enjoyed enough to purchase within the last couple years is BLACK although Gears of War could be my next "in the future" purchase once I get a craving for a new FPS.
    It won't satisfy your craving because it's not an FPS. GOW is 3rd person...
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"

My feedback thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93213

Strawberry (Level 2) bust3dstr8's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Koreans laugh at you so called "hardcore" gamers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-31em287K0
    Clowns Suck

Clowns Suck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

I see lots of "hardcore" gamer posts in this thread now.

Seriously, we need a softcore gamers group. Recliner sports to the rescue!

Funny but last time I went, they were still calling them baseball "games", football "games", basketball "games", and hockey "games". Perhaps they've changed out the "games" part to "sports" sense then. That or because they are paid profesionals, the "game" they play is now considered a "sport". It's amazing what one will consider profesional when enough money exchanges hands. Guess that's the real differnece between sports and games.

Insert Coin (Level 0) shadow77110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I play Counter-Strike ALOT and I would consider myself to be above average, but nowhere near some people. But when I am playing someone (1-on-1) that isn't getting many kills against me or doesn't seem very good, I'll help them get better, such as giving them Aiming Practice (I only have knife, they can have anything). Because as I see it, CS, UT and all the other FPS multiplayer games will get less and less players if people keep up the "You're a s*** c***" that I got when I first started playing online.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fuyukaze View Post
    I see lots of "hardcore" gamer posts in this thread now.

Seriously, we need a softcore gamers group. Recliner sports to the rescue!
    Yeah, there's nothing really "hardcore" about gaming. You are pretty much just sitting on your butt.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hardcore ass sitting.

The latest sport!

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Push Upstairs View Post
    Hardcore ass sitting.

The latest sport!
    it's a mental and reflex sport. Mental like chess but unlike chess you must have reflexes to properly execute technique. Which takes practice and dedication. Is it on the same level as football? Hell no. Is it on the same level as chess? Most defiantly. I consider gaming as a hobby, same as I consider athletic sports. I consider competitive gaming as a sport, but in the same way I consider chess and poker sports. I don't usually argue with people about it. A lot of people will claim poker as a sport now when played on a high competitive level, so I don't see why you wouldn't consider gaming the same way when played on a high level.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As long as people aren't trying to be like those Soul Caliber 2 guys on some VG thing I saw on awhile back.

"I think (Soul Caliber 2) is a sport, me and my team practice playing it at least 8 hours a day or something."

Here is where I would say that video games aren't a sport but then I remembered that "Curling" is actually considered a sport.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Quote Originally Posted by shadow77110 View Post
    I play Counter-Strike ALOT and I would consider myself to be above average, but nowhere near some people. But when I am playing someone (1-on-1) that isn't getting many kills against me or doesn't seem very good, I'll help them get better, such as giving them Aiming Practice (I only have knife, they can have anything). Because as I see it, CS, UT and all the other FPS multiplayer games will get less and less players if people keep up the "You're a s*** c***" that I got when I first started playing online.
    That's kinda like what I get when I try to play Lost Planet on Live. There is absolutely no dynamic matching system, so I'm constantly thrown in with >50 lvl players, and I'm about a 7 or 8. I don't remember talking to people like THAT when I was 13.

Insert Coin (Level 0) shadow77110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kaedesdisciple View Post
    That's kinda like what I get when I try to play Lost Planet on Live. There is absolutely no dynamic matching system, so I'm constantly thrown in with >50 lvl players, and I'm about a 7 or 8. I don't remember talking to people like THAT when I was 13.
    How do you mean "I don't remember talking to people like THAT when I was 13."? Is it about the s*** c*** bit? Because most people that said it to me were probably 18 - 20. Sorry if I don't understand your post the way you meant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bust3dstr8 View Post
    The Koreans laugh at you so called "hardcore" gamers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-31em287K0
    Hmm, Starcraft and awesome video game space suits. YEAH!

I play way too much SWG for my own good, now I want a space suit to make it official.

I have seen those starcraft vids before, I am not mocking those guys, they would destroy me any day of the week in sc.