Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Default Official CGE 2K7 Impressions Thread

I've go so much to talk about and will fill this space later with my personal musings and blog entries as I get them in writing. To summarize in advance, CGE 2K7 will forever be remembered by me as "The Longshot CGE".

I talked to so many of you at the show - I'd really like to read your personal impressions of CGE 2K7. Post 'em here!

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The show was great! I really wish I would have found more items to buy, but there just wasn't too many items that I needed.

For me, going to CGE was about meeting people. I met several NES collectors (you know who you are), and basically stuck around them for the whole weekend. I really enjoyed putting faces to the names I've seen around here for all these years.

The Auction was fun, and the DP after party was a blast!

Thanks to everybody who was inovolved! It was a pleasure meeting and talking to you all. (organizers and people who attended)

For me, I supposed I'd call this CGE "The road to networking"

Me and tynstar drove to Vegas, and I met a lot of interesting people.

(I was the guy wearing the yellow Lakers jersey on Saturday)

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This was my first time going to CGE, and it blew away my expectations. The people were friendly and fun, the panels were all awesome, and somehow - amazingly - I managed to even stay within my budget! Highlights for me were the auction and the Retrotopia party at the pinball museum (I actually went twice on Saturday - before and after the auction). The Pinball Museum will be a mandatory stop for me whenever I'm in Vegas.

I was a little surprised how much stuff the vendors had, and generally what good prices there were (compared to Flea World, which is pretty much all there is around here). Next year I'll definitely save up more money.

I had a ton of fun. Definitely looking forward to CGE '08. =)

Oh, and many many thanks to Joe, John, Sean and all the CGE volunteers, and the vendors and speakers. All your hard work was VERY much appreciated.
    Last edited by BydoEmpire; 07-31-2007 at 05:04 PM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been to every CGE, and they are always as good and better than advertised. THis was definitely my favorite one, but I was selling so much stuff I had very little time to wander around =/

Glad I got to meet a bunch of new people and see Joe, Sean, and John once again. These guys work their asses off to get this show up for everyone, and it's greatly appreciated......

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will be doing a write-up for Gameroom magazine about my experience as a vendor (Arcade-In-A-Box). For the most part is very positive, I'm just not sure it was the best show for me to attend if I only go to one a year. Though there was a lot of very positive things said about our systems, we felt more like entertainment for most of the show. Not saying that's a bad thing at all, I guess I was just hoping for a little more media presence. Maybe there was plenty, they just never made it to our booth.

It was great to hear all the positive things and how many people knew about our products before the show by visiting our website. Plus, Walter Day being very impressed with our systems just made the whole show for me

All and all I think CGE was a great show, and I will probably attend again, just maybe not with a booth .

Oh, and the stuff David does over at Custom Portables was just awesome.

One last note, I think the Riviera needs to go. There was just nothing around that hotel to really enjoy vegas. After each show, the last thing we wanted to do was walk miles or drive around vegas to see some of the other hotels. My 2 cents on that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerTrench

My wife and I had a fantastic time both Friday night and on Saturday (didn't make it to the show floor on Sunday, got a wicked sunburn for my trouble).

We met all sorts of great people in both the industry and the cool folks who post here! I spent a chunk of change on a ton of games; but the auction was totally out of control! It was great watching the bidding wars for the high dollar items and the Mayhem/Vectrexer duel was worth the price of admission alone. I only wish I had brought more money to get a shot at the StarCon proto. I really hope that the big winner things about making it available; I'm a huge fan of that franchise and would LOVE to see what Accolade did with it.

We were lucky enough to go to the Friday night dinner and it was amazing and the folks at Intellivision (especially Dave Warhol and Melissa, their PR person) are awesome people to hang out with. Their booth was fun too; Keith even had his computer attachment hooked up and running for anyone who wanted to check it out.

The museum had a ton of very cool items; a big thanks to all the contributors to that section, it was an awesome spread. I'd really have liked more kiosk/demo like stations for the more obscure stuff though. Seeing is one thing, but playing is fantastic. The Vectrex section was awe inspiring and finally inspired me to pick up one for myself at the show. Getting it through airport security and onto the plane was a challenge, but it was worth it. Thanks to Joe for supplying the stack of games, too (not to mention the awesome multi-cart!).

2600.com had some very cool releases. NERDs and The Last Ninja both were very fun to play. I did get a chance to point out a small glitch in The Last Ninja to the programmer (you can't kill MOBs when they're in the doorways). Retrozone's NWC Repro and Sudoku home carts were great. I managed to snag one of the gold numbered carts and the production value is top notch.

8-bit Weapon sounded fantastic and had a very fun set that too many people seemed to gloss over. Seth was a very cool person to talk to. I hope they had a good time at the show.

The only gripe I have was the location. This was my first CGE so I don't know what it was like off the strip or in Cali, but my experience with the Riveria was pretty dumpy. The restraunts were poor and the layout was bizzare. The convention area was nice enough, but mainly because it was so secluded from the rest of the hotel. As a positive, the alumni dinner location was quite nice though. With as much money as the CGE Edition of Pitcher's Duel went for, I hope that DP can move to a cooler locale down the strip next time!

Thanks for a great time everyone! Every forum member I spoke with was very cool; it's proof positive that we have a great community of people around here. Here's to 2009!
    "Be proud of what we make you do." - Master Shake, SGC2C - Baffler Meal
    Blog time!
    On Facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While I thought the Plaza was a better location I had no qualms with the Riviera. Any further south on the strip would have raised the prices for both vendors and visitors substantially. Any way, if anyone wanted to go anywhere else on the strip all they had to do was board the Deuce. It's only $2 for a one way trip and $5 for a 24-hour pass.

John, Sean, and Joe: another show well done!
    Leonard Herman
    The Game Scholar
    Publisher of Historical Videogame Books
    http://www.rolentapress.com
    Phoenix 4 coming in 2014

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As usual, I had a blast this year. (I was the guy who kept tripping everyone up with the two camera tripods.) Though it's off-limits to most attendees, the alumni dinner is a key part of the CGE experience for me - I've been to CGE three times, and to the dinner twice, so maybe I'm a little biased, but it's absolutely the best venue for just sitting and talking to the guys who created all this stuff that we all love so much. The panels let you ask questions and get them answered; the dinner, or seeing these folks out on the floor and chatting them up, lets you have actual conversations and get to know them as people.

The panel discussions were awesome. Jay Smith was someone I would've happily listened to for hours. Not only did he create the Vectrex, but he worked on propulsion systems for the Apollo lunar module. I was just burning to ask him some space program questions after that revelation, but I thought I'd spare the crowd that wanted to hear about Vectrex!

The "future of video game journalism" panel with Chris Koehler and Bill Kunkel was fascinating. I had no end of questions I wanted to put to them, and by the end of that panel, I was convinced that we need more "discussion topic" panels like this in the future - maybe stuff like "Was the crash inevitable?" and "Is casual gaming really bringing back the classics?" (since you have folks who are now programming little Flash games, cell phone games, etc.), and so on. Just a thought.

At the "History of CGE" story, I so wanted to take the floor and tell everyone my Plaza story, but it's their panel, not my stand-up comedy routine (anyone who's ever talked CGE with me knows this story). On the subject of hotels, I was okay with the Riviera's convoluted layout after I got used to it, but I was having a hard time dealing with it because I'm still hobbling around after the famous "mutant toes" incident. The 'Riv' ain't that bad, though I was shocked at the sardine-can size of some of the rooms other than mine.

Being behind the cameras cut down on my social-interaction time pretty drastically, but I enjoyed what time I got to spend with forum friends and others. People I met in person this year who I'd never seen before included Tynstar, Captain Nintendo, Sothy and Stonic. Meeting Sothy was a blast, because his laid-back, let's-go-get-a-beer approach to, well, everything now makes his forum persona about 10 times funnier. As for Stonic, if there's one person who is an unsung hero of CGE, he's it. He offered to help me out any way he could when I was shooting video, pointed me toward the skybox so I could get some cool shots, and basically got me everywhere I needed to go. Sunday morning I went to the floor early and he's picking up trash from the main show floor. I offered to help and he just wouldn't let me do it. This is somebody who does everything he can both big and small to help the show out, and I for one give him a big round of applause. He was also instrumental in getting me out to Vegas to do the videotaping for this year's show, for which I can't thank him enough.

The auction was a riot. Getting back to videotaping, I told everyone this repeatedly so many times that I wish I'd had a T-shirt made: I was here this year primarily to document CGE 2K7 for a DVD release, and I think the auction will be a real highlight of that. I tried to shoot it like a live sporting event, and when you've got stuff like the rapid volley of bids between two guys on Vectrex stuff for inconceivably massive amounts of money, that makes my job so much easier and the end result so much more exciting. I'm looking forward to putting that together.

I completely missed the DP and Retrotopia parties because Saturday, between the show itself and the auction, was about a 12-hour day of me being on my (already aching) feet. I went to my room to change, but the moment I got off my feet, I called a couple of people and made my apologies - I knew I wasn't going to be getting on those feet again that night. Still, Flack and Ubikuberalles and I visited the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum after the show closed on Sunday, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I've now officially played (and totally blew at) Doctor Who pinball! They also had a working upright Crazy Climber and a Tron machine, both of which I played (with some kickass moves I might add) until Flack and Ubik chloroformed me and dragged me outta there because they wanted to rest.

I paid an ever-so-brief visit to Star Trek: The Experience on Sunday too, where Flack and I had some grub. I'll say this - the Cardassian Fish & Chips are appropriately named, because they were torturing me for the rest of the night. Ugh. I seldom leave food on a plate, but that one had to go back to the replicator.

I was heartbroken to auction off my Starcon proto, but I believe it's in the best possible hands now (and I'm certainly appreciative of the money). I came to Vegas with a very meager amount of spending money, an amount that most people were spending hourly, but once I informed Mrs. PDF of the big auction action, she gave me the go-ahead to spend a little bit of it on some games if I found anything I liked. I found way too much that I liked, actually! But I kept it to a dull roar, came home with all of the auction funds intact, and brought home INTV Dig Dug and Pole Position, GBC Dragon's Lair, and other goodies, including the 8 Bit Weapon and related CDs for this year as well as the Face of Boe. (You never know when he's going to show up.) Monday after I checked out of my room, I hung out with Flack and Retroyoungen and then Flack gave me a lift to the airport, where I sat for hours and hours as my flight was delayed again and again. I got home at about 3am on Tuesday morning.

The museum rocked this year. I mean, the Brown Box? Shoot, you're done right there. The oldest trilobyte you can possibly find in this hobby. And what was that little LCD screen Pong thing? I didn't see a placard describing it. I contributed a few things to this year's museum, which made me happy - kinda neat to know others are getting a kick out of seeing some of my stuff in there. (C'mon, who else did ya think was gonna bring a bunch of boxed Odyssey2 imports?)

I'm not sure I understand how this was the "long shot" CGE - the only long shot I can think of is if someone's foolish enough to bet against me enjoying the hell out of it.

Oh, about the DVD: it'll be a 3 disc set at least, and I'm aiming for Christmas. I shot 23 hours of footage from two cameras, and covered every keynote panel and the auction. I'm going to start editing Right Nowish. Watch the cgexpo.com site and the DP forums for more info. No, we don't know how much it'll cost yet.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This was my first CGE ever, so I'm sure there was no way I could have been disapointed. I didn't even book my flight and hotel reservations until a week before the show; I just said to myself, what the hell, I can't miss out on this and what if it's the last one?

So I booked myself a couple of red-eye flights, three nights are the Riveria, and thanks to my very cool boss, he gave me the time off with barely any notice.

My favorite part of CGE was putting all the handles to faces. Seeing the legendary prototype collector DreamTR, the insane Vextrexor, Retroyounger, Sniiderman, and many other fellows I hadn't seen before. Everyone was friendly, deals were made of course, and the alumni were great to talk to. I spent a large portion of time over at the Intellivision booth speaking to Keith and Dave. It was amazing to meet two guys behind one of my all time favorite consoles and games.

The auction, my god, I had heard stores, but nothing prepared me me for the excitement it contained. Having a model showcase the items was a nice tough, John Hardie's beer induced antics were great, and the bidding was absolutly nuts. I'm glad so much money went to charity and a decent amount to CGE; I do feel for Nick though, two mystery boxes of crap, and the other two being phenominal!

Anyway, it was a great time, everyone made me feel at home even though I'm not a "core" DP member. I'm hoping there will be a CGE next year and that scrimble can accompany me.

The only bummer of the whole trip was both of my luggage cases were lost on my connecting flight The airport bag station said they'd be sent to my house today, but we'll see. I have every items I purchased for myself and others in there, a long with a ton of my clothes as I tend to WAY overpack.

Thanks for the great show Joe, John, Sean and everyone else!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This CGE was GREAT !!!! it was my 3rd one ! wish I had went to every CGE's in the past ...

Funny thing is when I first arrived at Riviera it looked GREAT but the Manager at the hotel desk wasn't too friendly ! plus I had to wait 2 hours for a bellman to help me with carrying my stuff etc ... so I got mad at the manager demanded some kind of discounts or refund that manager REFUSED... so I stayed COOL... finally found a nice cool bellman who would help me so its finally taken care of ...

the hotel room was very NICE ... but the show and everything else CGE related was a BLAST ! already looking forward to the next CGE !!!!

Many Thanks and KUDOS to Joe, Sean and John and Larry and many others who helped with CGE !!!!!!!!!!! you guys rock keep it up and see ya again soon .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This was my second CGE, and the first one that I had to travel for (2K5 was just a BART ride away). I have to say, the extra expense of flying and hotel was completely worth it. Everything was great. The exhibitors, the museum, the panels, the people, the DP party, everything. Kudos to everyone who made it all happen.

It's too bad (for me, anyway) that it won't be back in California, but I can see why other people prefer Vegas. I personally thought that the place in Burlingame was great. Oh well. Hopefully I'll be able to go again next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This was my 5th CGE- and I had a great time.
    It was cool seeing all the new releases, couldn't buy 'em all- spent
    too much money in the swap room at Dojosky's and Promo guys
    tables. This was my first year selling in the swap room- what a blast-
    sold a few TG16 games. Will have to bring more games next year!
    Glad to see the show move back to Vegas!
    Thanks Joe, John, and Sean- Great Job!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

It was a good show, and this was my fourth one. I thought that the turnout was decent and as good as some others. NWCGE had a great time. I thought the museum was AWSOME, although Nes and Neo classic systems were kind of added on(not anyones fault, some people who were going to add didnt show up). For me, it is about meeting up with everyone, and promoting our own show which is coming in September 28-29th. The auction and afterparty were great. The people were nice. The swap meet kicked some serious butt, and as always I made out pretty well. I want to share my impressions, and just express what I think about some things. Again, I am not trying to offend anyone, I did have some gripes.

Some gripes: The hotel place was kind of a mixed bag. Confusing layout as mentioned above, and we were one of the people who didnt get the room upgrade. TOTALLY SHITTY Check in process that took nearly 2 hours. Rooms were nothing special. Prices were kind of high on pretty much everything(food, atm surcharges, internet etc etc). I know that it is vegas, I know that some things cant be avoided, but these things will limit attendance.

I think it was a little light on vendors, versus some past shows.(Possibly due to costs?) There was some great product, but I just think that the show will continue to appeal to a specific audience if it does not want to reach out to a more general public. As time moves forward, I would like to see the focus of the show to other game systems other than atari. Atari is now 30 years old. I know that other systems were represented, but some were almost non existant. I just keep thinking that the show limits itself when totally focused on the "classic classic stuff".

Some of the show exclusives not being numbered individually bugs me. If only 100 are available, why not number them, unless you are going to be making more? What is stopping a vendor from just producing more of them? I collect these games more than I play, so to not number them takes the sole reason of why I collect show exclusives away. Just a minor gripe, it just will be affecting future purchases.

The auction was great, but it really shows some bias towards the classic stuff. The PAL Atari carts in the auction were pretty common, and other stuff was not allowed in due to being "newer". Some of the Again this is my opinion and I dont want to come off bashing the show. I just think that after 10 years of the show, a little redesign of focus will benifit the show.

I will be attending future shows and want to support the event become bigger than what it was. I know that change can be hard. I am mostly a very positive person, but feel I have been around long enough to express some of my opinions that others may not want to openly express.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let's see...I made a list on my 4-hour flight home of Pros and Cons of this year's event:
    PROS
    - Hitting nearly $500 on the slots on my first day before the show even started. It literally paid for everything I bought. Try doing THAT in a California hotel.
    - The First Annual DP/CGE Texas Hold'em Tourney was a blast. I need to tweak the chip counts or divvy up the players into two smaller tables so we don't have another 3+ hour slugfest. But it was the first one, everyone seemed to enjoy it, and there WILL be a Second Annual one next year.
    - Meeting Sothy for the first time. 'Nuff said.
    - The return of the "CGE World Premiere Releases." Though there's always some friction among non-attendees about the exclusive nature of CGE releases, it's a hoot to travel cross-country and be treated to the first-ever point of purchase for newly released games. Haven't seen many in recent CGEs, so this year - with nearly 20 releases - was a treat.
    - Walking behind Fighter17 the day before the show began (he had no idea who I was) and listening to his true thoughts about DP, the mod staff, and the membership in general. It was...enlightening.
    - Getting my first DP After Party shotglass. The party was also amazing with, I dunno, 50+ people in the room at one point. Plus, the skybox overlooked the CGE main floor, so that was cool too.
    - The Museum was mind-blowingly HUGE. It has tripled in size since the last one I attended in 2003. Wow.
    - The CGE Auction. Worth the trip to Vegas in and of itself.
    - The CGE Guys keynote. It was very cool that John, Sean, and Joe took to the stage and explained what goes on behind the scenes. No question was too dicey for them to take on. They cleared the air of some issues; set some rumors to rest; and connected with the folks as fellow collectors and enthusiasts and not just "the organizers." Plus it was fun just hearing some of the stories as well as hearing their thoughts on why they do this every damn year. One of the best keynotes I attended, truthfully.
    - Being asked about "The Ravenous Dead" a bazillion times. Had no idea there was still this much interest.

CONS
    - On the flight out, my wife and I were SURROUNDED by a frat-boy bachelor party on the way to Vegas. They were gonna drink, gamble, and get laid - in that order - and they were sure to announce it every 3 minutes of the 3 hour flight. As in "WE'RE GONNA DRINK, GAMBLE, AND GET LAID!!! RIGHT FELLOWS?
    WOOOOOOOOOO!!! YEAH!" (repeat again loudly after the hooting of the rest of the party dies down)
    - I heard there were a lot of complaints about the Riviera. I have no such complaints other than it was a bit pricey. If the guys hadn't offered the Switch Over Special Offer, I wouldn't have been able to stay there.
    - I do have one hotel complaint. Turns out one of the 1,000,000-watt spotlights that illuminates the hotel was shining on my hotel window. My wife and I got back that first night from dinner and I opened the curtains to look out over the strip. It was like staring into the Batsignal.
    - The check-in/.check-out lines were ridiculously, laughably, annoyingly, infuriatingly long. There is no reason for a 45-minute/2-hour wait to get your frigging room key.
    - There were salespeople in nearly every main hallway and lobby trying to get you to look into condos or vacation housing or some-such. ("Hi folks! Are you staying here tonight? Like tickets to a show? Let me talk to you just for a moment about the wonderful opportunity...") It was very bothersome to be constantly hounded thoughout the hotel by these folks.
    Last edited by Sniderman; 07-31-2007 at 09:12 PM.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This is my first CGE and it was a blast. Everyone seemed to be very friendly and striking up a good conversation was easy.
    Pros:
    -Very well organized - getting our badges, getting into the event, lines went fast.
    -Lots of show exlcusive titles(all of which I bought)
    -Great deals at the show
    -Great deals in the trade room
    -Fun after party(poker game was a hit, thanks Sniderman)
    -Arcade & Museum were impressive to say the least

Cons-
    -Hotel rooms were so-so, we upgraded to a mini suite, but the room we got was "well lived-in".
    (AC in the room didn't work, fridgerator didn't work & noisey rooms)
    -Only complaint about the actual show was the exlcusives. One of the games announced was not even available at the show. Apparently it sold out before the show. I would like the games numbered as well and also see the announced number available to buy at the show.

I had a great time & plan on going next year for sure. I really enjoyed chatting with everyone. It was one of the best parts of the weekend. I really appreciate all the hard work the organizers did. Thank you!
    Last edited by MachineGex; 08-01-2007 at 11:42 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Absolutely the most memorable CGE for me ever (6th).

I'll get the big one out of the way...

For those who haven't gotten the story yet, this year there were 4 mystery boxes. The first two had some relatively common items and went for $200 and $400 (I think). John brought out a bunch of protos and said they were going into the next mystery box. Later in the auction he produced not 1, but *2* mystery boxes. One had the protos and one had... something else (another box 'o crap?). Nicola won the auction for $600 and picked the box on the left which ended up containing the prototypes. John then said something along the lines of, 'what if I told you the next box contained something worth more... or not'. Having lost on the huge Vectrex collection I had some extra cash and the money goes to the Salvation Army anyway, so I figured why not. Near the end it was down to DreamTR and me bumping up in $50 and $100 increments. I ended up winning it for $1300 and when I opened up the box... inside was a mint condition Video Life with mint instructions. It'll probably be in the video, but my hand was shaking like crazy when I tried to hold it up for people to see. Thanks to Sean, John, and Joe for producing the ultimate mystery box and the new crown jewel of my collection.

Also picked up a bunch of NES & Vectrex stuff, Nintendo swag (damn you Billy Galaxy & Suteki), and the incredibly sweet Stranglehold promo from the swap room (DreamTR again).

Met some great people as usual and had a blast at the after party. I always return from CGE with the warm and fuzzies about how incredible the collecting community is and how much it contributes to why I love this hobby.

Would have stayed under budget if it hadn't been for a brutal run at the Wynn blackjack tables on Friday night (guy sitting next to me lost $10k in less than an hour... fortunately I fared better). Overall a fantastic CGE. Thanks to all of the organizers and the attendees for some great memories!

Stranglehold / VL pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/arcade/CGE2K7Haul

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey, sorry this post is so late just flew back from vegas(stayed a couple days extra)
    here is my thought on the show(being this my third):
    1. first we had to stand in line so we can stand in line again before going to the show.(thought that was funny)
    2.I was suprised that fard knew me because I didn't have name tag on yet.
    3. over all pretty good turn out(I spent 108 on Gorf 2600,last ninja and nerds)
    was happy to see that my jagfest section catalog lasted the two days.(I'm going send you an e-mail reguard jagfest and CGE)
    4. this was the first time I made all the keynotes at show,I usally end up missing one or two)
    I enjoyed the dp after party, even though I got in late because I went downtown before and I left late.(btw: you got to love the Duce: $5.00 for a 24 hour pass to got down the strip and even downtown)
    I'll have full report and pics up on my site later down the week.
    (I don't know if I will return vegas next year since the whole place is still bein under contruction( oh yeah get this: trump is putting up condos where the frontier is at(no casino,just condos) maybe a year after that)
    I forgot to mention it was a thrill to see my fanzine "The Atari Zone in the musum" especialy back as far as 1991
    Last edited by Dan Iacovelli; 08-01-2007 at 02:02 AM.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SystemFreak View Post
    ...Near the end it was down to DreamTR and me bumping up in $50 and $100 increments. I ended up winning it for $1300 and when I opened up the box... inside was a mint condition Video Life with mint instructions. It'll probably be in the video, but my hand was shaking like crazy when I tried to hold it up for people to see...
    Congrats - that was a lot of fun to watch, and the whole auction was a blast.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

It was a blast, as always... why do you think this mad Brit keeps coming out here for more, more, more?!

Hardly made anything on the gambling this time, but I didn't need to at least after not winning the Vectrex auction (shakes fist at Chris ). Room and bed were great, even better for Kris as we didn't end up sandwiched together heh.

It's hard to list all the good things because there are so many. So I'm just gonna list the two quibbles I had, but really only with this year. Take it as read everything else was double thumbs up!

1) The layout. I can plot, route and remember how to get from A to B to C after just one walk but even I got a little lost occasionally getting about the hotel.

2) The number of exclusives trying to get meant I didn't end up doing much on Saturday bar Jay's talk and buying stuff. I did almost all my playing on Sunday.

I'll see about photos tonight heh...

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The man, the myth lol

Hey how's it going everyone?

It's funny cause at CGE 07, Larry Anderson came up to me when I was grabbing my DP Forum badge and looks at my badge and he says "Jim, the man the myth" lol. We started laughing but it is true. I do not post on these boards often which is a bummer but I'm looking to change that. A lot of you might remember me from CGE 05 dressed as Don Johnson from Miami Vice in the white suite to represent the 80's theme for the CGE show that year. Anyway, all that aside. CGE was phenominal this year, I had a killer time and loved every second of it.

Major props to Joe, John and Sean for all their blood, tears and sweat for making this year's CGE a reality because they where telling me that there where times they where not sure... but luckly there was a gaming angel in their corner =) I have been looking at all the pics and I am so grateful to everyone who took them, the pics really captured what CGE is all about. I had a fantastic time and it was great seeing all my old buds and the team as well as new faces and people I got to know more like Chris Romero. Thanks again to all of you for coming out and showing your support to CGE especially those the auction. I can't wait for next year =)

Digitpress Jim

P.S. The DP party kicked ass!!!
    I love ALL Video Games with all my heart and soul