Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Worst Day for my 360 to DIE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The Worst Day for my 360 to DIE

im so f**king mad . this is my second console , going on my third . i come home from work to play BioShock and my 360 starts freezing up . so i do all the troubleshooting and after about 30 attemps , NOTHING . this piece of sh** is BRoke again . So first off im mad , because i want to play BioShock . second ... i call the xbox repair center and i have to spell my name 6 times (no joke) , before the bitch can understand how to spell it . and last but not least they said 3 to 4 weeks . No BioShock , No Stranglehold , and i might miss Halo . Now I love my 360 but this is ridicoulous that you have to trade in it ever so often to fix the damn thing . i took a final picture of my dead 360 , lets have a moment of silence :

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Lt Sans Pants

I always used to get a laugh when I hear someone's nth Xbox 360 died on them... then a little over a month ago my Wii died on me. Revenge is ever so bittersweet. 8*(

You guys are lucky with the 360s tho'. You can keep your HDs and all your save files and stuff, so even if you get a replacement system you keep all your info. I got a brand new Wii back, sans all my saves files, friend codes, Miis, channels, VC games (which I could redownload for free). I was really pissed I lost probably between 100 and 200 hours of save games. Oh well.
    TooManyGames
    "Let us play!"
    www.toomanygames.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Maybe you should get an elite in november.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Honestly, the most....ridicoulous....part of all of this, in my opinion, is that you're excited to play Stranglehold.
    I am teh winnar of the internet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1: Keep it horizontal in future

2: Make sure it has better ventilation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ecresto View Post
    im so f**king mad .
    I feel for you. I was mad the first couple of times it happened to me as well. Afterwards it bacame a challenge. Will I ever get a stable 360? It soon became clear that I would fail in this mission. I sold my last 360 (which was new, a replacement of another dead console) to someone a couple towns over. In case you haven't read my bitchy rants in the "Who has or hasn't had their 360 repaired / replaced?" thread, that was console number 6.

I took the money from the sale and bought a new PS2 and a new DVD player. Apparently there was still a bit of the 360 curse crapping on me. The remote in the new DVD player didn't work and I had to return that. Does anyong know if Microsoft owns Phillips? I wouldn't be surprised.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    alxbly
    PSN
    alxbly

That must suck, I hope everything works out okay and you get another 360 in time for Halo 3. That cabinet does look a bit small though... are you sure the 360 had enough ventilation at the back? I'm only saying because it could maybe prolong the life of your next 360 if you find a different place to store it???
    Xbox Live: alxbly | PSN: alxbly | Wii friend code: 2326 4589 7536 6941

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

Sorry about your troubles guy. I am still on my first 360 and cross my fingers everytime I turn that sucker on. I cant wait for Stranglehold either. The demo was great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by ecresto View Post
    im so f**king mad . this is my second console , going on my third . i come home from work to play BioShock and my 360 starts freezing up . so i do all the troubleshooting and after about 30 attemps , NOTHING . this piece of sh** is BRoke again . So first off im mad , because i want to play BioShock . second ... i call the xbox repair center and i have to spell my name 6 times (no joke) , before the bitch can understand how to spell it . and last but not least they said 3 to 4 weeks . No BioShock , No Stranglehold , and i might miss Halo . Now I love my 360 but this is ridicoulous that you have to trade in it ever so often to fix the damn thing . i took a final picture of my dead 360 , lets have a moment of silence
    Same thing happened to me last week. Besides mentioning it in just about every one of my posts, I too am awaiting the cardboard coffin. For some reason, Xbox Service is "backed up" as they put it. What only took 10 days last year now will take 3-4 weeks (from the time they receive my 360). Even the coffin was delayed by UPS. The gods have decided that I won't be playing Bioshock or Halo 3 until October I guess.

I had an extra 360 that I bought last year after my current 360 broke (for the 1st time), but I sold it a week before this latest occurrence of red-lights. What timing. I'd buy a new 360, but the hot hot hot 90nm chips are still out there in force. As soon as those 65nm chip Elites hit...I'm buying one and not looking back.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Quote Originally Posted by 64Bits View Post
    Honestly, the most....ridicoulous....part of all of this, in my opinion, is that you're excited to play Stranglehold.
    Actually the demo is pretty awesome.

I'm just hoping that my 2nd one doesnt die before the 65nm chipset arrives. Has there been an offical annoucement as to when those will be in stores?
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

take it out of that fucking hot box and maybe they won't overheat anymore. there is little to no air movement in that cubby hole you're keeping it in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Munchies879

I feel your pain. I was all ready to play Bioshock this week but last Sunday I was playing Dead Rising and it kept freezing up whenever I tried to load a saved game. I turned it off, came back 30 mins. later, turned it on and got one red ring. Took the hard drive out, same thing. The coffin should be arriving today or tomorrow.

I have an Elite and it's only 6 weeks old, so evidently they are just as susceptible to failure as the other models.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why are so many people supporting such a shoddy product? Are consumers' standards really this low? I could understand if the Xbox 360 were some cheap toy, but it's not. It's an expensive piece of electronics. True, there might be some fun games to play on it, but what's the point if it constantly needs repairing? This should be unacceptable.

As long as consumers keep buying inferior products, companies will keep making inferior products.
    Last edited by Rob2600; 08-23-2007 at 09:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by s1lence View Post
    I'm just hoping that my 2nd one doesnt die before the 65nm chipset arrives. Has there been an offical annoucement as to when those will be in stores?
    No official announcement...and there won't be. These will just slip silently into the retail channels. The best place to keep up to date and find out the moment the 65nm chip 360's hit is the Xbox 360 board at www.cheapassgamer.com. It should be any day now.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    Why are so many people supporting such a shoddy product? Are consumers' standards really this low? I could understand if the Xbox 360 were some cheap toy, but it's not. It's an expensive piece of electronics. True, there might be some fun games to play on it, but what's the point if it constantly needs repairing? This should be unacceptable.

As long as consumers keep buying inferior products, companies will keep making inferior products.
    Abso-smurfin'-lutely. I would love to see a huge portion of the 360 userbase throw it back in their face, look Microsoft square in the eye and say "I'M NOT PUTTING UP WITH THIS SHIT!" Arise, consumers, arise!

I've done my part by not getting a 360.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by XYXZYZ View Post
    I've done my part by not getting a 360.
    You probably believe that your vote counts in a national election too, don't you.

Seriously though, to each their own. I'd rather spend my time playing video games than trying to prove a point to a faceless corporation. If it takes two 360's to do it...so be it.

The 360's design flaws piss me off more than you will ever know, but in the end I'm a gamer and I like to play games. It's the (unfortunate) "cost of admission" so to speak.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gamegirl79 View Post
    I feel your pain. I was all ready to play Bioshock this week but last Sunday I was playing Dead Rising and it kept freezing up whenever I tried to load a saved game. I turned it off, came back 30 mins. later, turned it on and got one red ring. Took the hard drive out, same thing. The coffin should be arriving today or tomorrow.

I have an Elite and it's only 6 weeks old, so evidently they are just as susceptible to failure as the other models.
    I had read the same thing. The "elites" aren't any better.

I just sent my 3rd piece of shit in for repair and am waiting for the 4th nightmare to arrive.
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Just reading the title of this thread. The "worst" day for your 360 to die? Any day it dies is the worst. There is certainly not a "better", "best", "not a bad" or a "more convenient" day for your 360 to die. Sorry to hear your system crapped out on you.

It is going to be hell for clerks and customers alike when these things (360's) start hitting thrift stores or pawn shops en masse in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Quote Originally Posted by theMot View Post
    1: Keep it horizontal in future

2: Make sure it has better ventilation.
    He's right... judging by that picture, theres really not a helluva lot of space, you seem to have, there.

NEVER stick a console right next to you're TV in an enclosed space. Even if you have a few inches seperating the 2. Cool air doesn't circulate in those spaces. My 360 stays out in the open - on top of my entertainment center, with nothing remotely near it, instead of underneath or inside it.

And the 360's air holes are on the side of the console that is facing the wood, in your picture. When you get your replacement, find a new spot to put it.
    Last edited by diskoboy; 08-23-2007 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    As soon as those 65nm chip Elites hit...I'm buying one and not looking back.
    I'll be doing the same after they drop to $400. I'd like the bigger HDD and a quieter (And cooler) machine.