Thread: RGB modded 3DO system, one of only a handful on planet Earth

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default RGB modded 3DO system, one of only a handful on planet Earth

I'm one of the few, the proud.....an owner of a RGB modded Panasonic 3DO system. Unfortunately, I need to come up with around 5 thousand dollars to remodel a room in my house, and push has come to shove, and I have to sell some of my most prized video game items. This is definitely one of my most prized gaming possesions. I recently talked to the guy that sold me this 3DO, to ask him just how rare it actually is. He said that there are only 3 confirmed people that he knows of, that has a modded 3DO. Me, him, and one other guy. He assumes that there are a few more guys out there with modded 3DO's, but that it's very likely that less than 10 people on the planet have them. Why are they so rare? Primarily, because of what needs to be done, to actually get native RGB out of a 3DO.

Anywho, I'm willing to let my RGB modded 3DO go for $350 plus shipping. You might think I'm absolutely out of my mind to ask for $350 for a RGB modded 3DO, but considering there are only 3 confirmed souls on planet Earth with one, and how difficult it would be to get another one, $350 is actually a steal. I've priced it at $350, because that's the least amount of money I would accept to let this thing go. $350 plus exact shipping. Anything less would be uncivilized...lol. Seriously though... Anything less, and I would rather just hold onto it. I know I will come to regret this...but I have to come up with 5K in a very short period of time, and I have to sell some of my most valuable items. There's no other way around it.

If you are seriously interested, you can PM me for more info.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ahh, 3DO. Great system, brings back many memories. Question tho. You say that it is rare because it is modded for RGB. What would stop somebody from doing the modification themselves and making it "not so rare"? Just asking, as I do not know about how the mod works myself, but it just seems kind of odd that a modification would be considered rare. In other words...I wonder what needs to be done as you say, that apparently cannot be done by just anybody.

Other than that, good luck with the sale. I'd love to see it myself personally, but my wallet is hollow at the moment

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zektor View Post
    Ahh, 3DO. Great system, brings back many memories. Question tho. You say that it is rare because it is modded for RGB. What would stop somebody from doing the modification themselves and making it "not so rare"? Just asking, as I do not know about how the mod works myself, but it just seems kind of odd that a modification would be considered rare. In other words...I wonder what needs to be done as you say, that apparently cannot be done by just anybody.

Other than that, good luck with the sale. I'd love to see it myself personally, but my wallet is hollow at the moment
    It's a long story, but the short of it, is that you need certain parts to make a rgb modded 3DO, and those parts are very difficult to obtain. And then, if you somehow actually get your hands on the necessary parts, you need the expertise to actually do the mod. If it wasn't this difficult, then there would be many more rgb modded 3DO's floating around. But there are only 3 or 4 in the world. The NES rgb mod is also very difficult and requires hard to obtain parts, but there are probably a hundred rgb modded NES systems out there. Rgb modded NES systems are extremely rare as well, and considering there are likely a hundred of them, or more, then just imagine how rare a rgb modded 3DO is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XianXi

RGB or Component?
    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/
    Pandora/Blue Elf Adapters, Kick Harness Adapters, Custom CMVS Units, Neo Geo DIY Guides, Arcade PCBs, Neo Geo mods and more!!
    Jamma Nation X Videos

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XianXi View Post
    RGB or Component?

It's RGB. RGB is actually a superior signal than component. You get the full bandwidth of the red, green and blue video signals. With component, you don't get 100 percent full bandwidth. Of course, once you have a RGB signal, you can convert it to component if you want to.