Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Went through 2 XB360's in 12 hours, WTH!

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Look, I'm not at ALL saying that the 360 doesn't have some absolutely must-play games on it. I'm not hating on the platform; I'm hating on the piece of shit hardware.

Microsoft didn't write off 1.5 BILLION DOLLARS because they were drunk or feeling charitable... They did so to avoid a recall, because their console was produced on the cheap, and was poorly engineered to begin with. This by now is an established FACT, and I don't care how many great games are available on the system.

I've owned THREE of the goddamn things since launch. That is UNACCEPTABLE. My PS2 works after five years of abuse. My Saturn works after what, ten? My original toaster NES works after twenty five. My Gamecube works like a charm, and it had beer spilled into the disc tray. I own a fair number of consoles, and they're all in great working order, some after decades of use. The 360 is less than three years old as a platform.

Xbox live is an excellently designed interface, and forever changed the way I'll look at console gaming. Bioshock, Sylpheed, Halo 3, Eternal Sonata, and so on are games I would rather not live without. Therefore, I continue to put up with the 360. But I have earned the right to hate the machine, since it's cost me near a thousand dollars over two years.

And all the people who dismiss complaints about the 360 because 'they've never had a problem'?. I guess I wish I had your luck.

/end rant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Lt Sans Pants

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    This is like the Coleco Adam all over again.
    Ahh, she's a beaut'. You can't beat a Coleco. How many can I put ya' down for, a lot? Please say a lot, I need this. Now, let's talk rustproofing. These Colecos will rust up on you like that! *snaps fingers*
    TooManyGames
    "Let us play!"
    www.toomanygames.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by gum_drops View Post
    Well, its been out nearly 3 years and has a good install base.
    The 360 has been out 1 yr. 9 mo.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dtolley
    PSN
    dtolley

Quote Originally Posted by koster View Post
    Wow! That's roughly averaging 10-11 hours a day, everyday, since you got it. Where do you find the time?
    Quote Originally Posted by 8-bitNesMan View Post
    He takes catnaps with his headset on. What he didn't tell you peoples is that 85% of his marathon playing time has been devoted to Barbie Horse Adventures and That's So Raven.

1. I don't sleep a lot. 2. I have a very comfy recliner. 3. I have friends like 8bitnesman that I would rather not hang out with...
    Digitpress
    Ebay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Quote Originally Posted by gum_drops View Post
    Well, its been out nearly 3 years and has a good install base.

The 360 isn't as popular as the PS3, thats news to me. People, including myself, have been complaining about the PS3 line-up and price since it was released. If the PS3 was burning out like the xbox 360 you better believe everyone would be riding them just as hard, come on.
    It was sacasism btw. Oh and its not a 3 year old system either.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    Look, I'm not at ALL saying that the 360 doesn't have some absolutely must-play games on it. I'm not hating on the platform; I'm hating on the piece of shit hardware.

Microsoft didn't write off 1.5 BILLION DOLLARS because they were drunk or feeling charitable... They did so to avoid a recall, because their console was produced on the cheap, and was poorly engineered to begin with. This by now is an established FACT, and I don't care how many great games are available on the system.

I've owned THREE of the goddamn things since launch. That is UNACCEPTABLE. My PS2 works after five years of abuse. My Saturn works after what, ten? My original toaster NES works after twenty five. My Gamecube works like a charm, and it had beer spilled into the disc tray. I own a fair number of consoles, and they're all in great working order, some after decades of use. The 360 is less than three years old as a platform.

Xbox live is an excellently designed interface, and forever changed the way I'll look at console gaming. Bioshock, Sylpheed, Halo 3, Eternal Sonata, and so on are games I would rather not live without. Therefore, I continue to put up with the 360. But I have earned the right to hate the machine, since it's cost me near a thousand dollars over two years.

And all the people who dismiss complaints about the 360 because 'they've never had a problem'?. I guess I wish I had your luck.

/end rant.
    I am in comlete agreement with this.

All of my systems that i own work fine after years of abuse.

NES - 21 yrs.
    SNES - 15 yrs.
    Genesis - 14 yrs.
    Gameboy - 18 yrs.
    PS1 - 12 yrs.
    N 64 - 10 yrs.
    Gamecube - 6 yrs.
    PS2 - 6 yrs.
    GBA - 4 yrs.
    DS - 2 yrs.
    DS lite - 1 yrs.
    Wii - < 1yr

However I've had two red rings of death on two different xbox 360's in that time. right now I'm waiting for mine to come back from Microsoft again.

This is unnaceptable. A console should be able to be enjoyed 20 years from now, not until it breaks again.

I am off base for expecting a system to have the longevity similar to these previous systems or what?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    lisaellen

Quote Originally Posted by sav127 View Post
    I am in comlete agreement with this.

All of my systems that i own work fine after years of abuse.

NES - 21 yrs.
    SNES - 15 yrs.
    Genesis - 14 yrs.
    Gameboy - 18 yrs.
    PS1 - 12 yrs.
    N 64 - 10 yrs.
    Gamecube - 6 yrs.
    PS2 - 6 yrs.
    GBA - 4 yrs.
    DS - 2 yrs.
    DS lite - 1 yrs.
    Wii - < 1yr

However I've had two red rings of death on two different xbox 360's in that time. right now I'm waiting for mine to come back from Microsoft again.

This is unnaceptable. A console should be able to be enjoyed 20 years from now, not until it breaks again.

I am off base for expecting a system to have the longevity similar to these previous systems or what?
    I would wait til microsoft works that shit out for good before buying one

Microsoft has no idea how to take care of this problem!

I am sick and tired of seeing all these problems with the 360 and people wondering why they are the only one with this problem.

It is apparent that none of the 360's work, then you see posts that state:

"Buy the elite it is made with premium pieces!"

Microsoft is so up to their necks in shit that it doesn't matter what they do now.

THE 360 IS NEAR TO ONE OF THE WORST SYSTEMS EVER MANUFACTURED........PERIOD!!!!!!

dont buy it.
    save your money.
    buy a pc instead
    every good game microsoft makes will be on pc one day....

buy a ps3

no problems there! (hint! hint!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Yeah because PC's never have problems......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by s1lence View Post
    Yeah because PC's never have problems......
    My old 386 Tandy desktop still worked after seven years. My old K6-2 HP tower still worked after five years. My Pentium 4 Dell tower still works after five years, too. In addition, only one hard drive has died in the fifteen years my family has owned computers.

The Xbox 360 hasn't even been out for two years and supposedly half of them don't work. That is unacceptable. Again, I liken it to the Coleco Adam. It was a huge flop, partly because of its ridiculous 50 percent failure rate.

Some people feel the Xbox 360 is great because it has a library of several highly rated games. I don't agree with that logic. What if 50 percent of Apple iPods were defective? Would they still be considered great just because iTunes has a library of hundreds of highly rated songs?

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

My old 386 Tandy desktop still worked after seven years. My old K6-2 HP tower still worked after five years. My Pentium 4 Dell tower still works after five years, too. In addition, only one hard drive has died in the fifteen years my family has owned computers.

The Xbox 360 hasn't even been out for two years and supposedly half of them don't work. That is unacceptable. Again, I liken it to the Coleco Adam. It was a huge flop, partly because of its ridiculous 50 percent failure rate.

Some people feel the Xbox 360 is great because it has a library of several highly rated games. I don't agree with that logic. What if 50 percent of Apple iPods were defective? Would they still be considered great just because iTunes has a library of hundreds of highly rated songs?

OK, everyone needs to stop comparing electronics that were designed and manufactured 20 years apart. Methods have changed completely and we all know they don't make them like they used to. Furthermore, those computers you mentioned likely cost far more than the 360 did (especially factoring for inflation) and likely used better parts. I'm not even going to touch broken computer parts as I have seen too many over the course of my career. The fact of the matter is, we get quite a lot of processing power with the 360 for a very low price.

Yes, Microsoft screwed up, they made a lot of faulty consoles and cut corners they shouldn't have. But, at least they are trying to make some good on it by extending the warranty to 3 years. Doing a full recall would completely cripple the platform and is not feasible from a fiscal or manufacturing point of view.

Drop the point about the iPod, too. You complain about 50%, try ALL iPods had one humongous flaw that everyone bought into and accepted for a time: the battery that could not be replaced without an expensive repair job from Apple or buying a new iPod.

If we're going to run your logic, the original pin connectors on the toaster NES wear out a LOT. Back in the day it was much harder to get this fixed than it is now. Does that flaw lessen the consoles greatness in the minds of many despite its great library? Hardly.

Apples and oranges, my friend.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Merlins Beard's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kaedesdisciple View Post
    If we're going to run your logic, the original pin connectors on the toaster NES wear out a LOT. Back in the day it was much harder to get this fixed than it is now. Does that flaw lessen the consoles greatness in the minds of many despite its great library? Hardly.
    Yes, many of the pins may wear out, but this usually only happens after many, many years of use. Did approximately 1/2 of all NES consoles have pin connectors that broke within the first year? Comparing the 360's failure rate to those associated with broken NES pin connectors is quite idiotic in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK, everyone needs to stop comparing electronics that were designed and manufactured 20 years apart. ... The fact of the matter is, we get quite a lot of processing power with the 360 for a very low price.
    Some people are going to great lengths to justify the fact that they were duped into spending over $500 on something that was poorly designed and will break soon, if it hasn't already.

Drop the point about the iPod, too. ... ALL iPods had one humongous flaw that everyone bought into and accepted for a time: the battery that could not be replaced without an expensive repair job from Apple or buying a new iPod.
    Not being able to replace the iPod's battery poses a problem sometimes, but at least most of them last several years. If 50 percent of all iPod batteries died in less than two years, that'd be a much bigger problem.
    Last edited by Rob2600; 08-29-2007 at 03:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Some people are going to great lengths to justify the fact that they were duped into spending over $500 on something that was poorly designed and will break soon, if it hasn't already.
    Way to take everything I said way out of context. I fully admitted that the consoles were faulty and that Microsoft cut corners. I'm sure mine will break at some point, I'm sure I will send it in for repair or replacement, I'm sure I'll get it back and I'm sure I'll get over it. So will many, many others, so why carry on this crusade to enlighten us unwashed mortals? This is a horse that has been beaten, quite brutally, to death.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Please. No 360 owner was "duped" into anything.

so why carry on this crusade to enlighten us unwashed mortals? This is a horse that has been beaten, quite brutally, to death.
    Exactly. The condescension is starting to get a little nauseating.
    Last edited by heybtbm; 08-29-2007 at 03:46 PM.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quick Questions
    1.How many people whose 360 has died is using any of the external cooling fans
    2. And for those who haven't had the problems and use fans which ones do you use?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin H View Post
    Quick Questions
    1.How many people whose 360 has died is using any of the external cooling fans
    2. And for those who haven't had the problems and use fans which ones do you use?

external fans are not an issue. Every pc logged onto digital press has some sort of a pass thru to a fan. Yeah the inter cooler initial connection may had been not the strongest but the whole draining power messing up 360. I believe is bogus.

fan or not the 360s were dropping like flies.
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Please. No 360 owner was "duped" into anything.
    Yeah, right. A statement like this is just blatantly untrue! Take, just for example, the blue-collar parents of some dumbass kid who wants a 360 for Christmas or his birthday or whatever. You think all of these parents know about the console's problems, and won't be slightly bemused or distraught at the $350ish wasted on such a shoddy product?

You've got to be kidding me. As fun as it would be, not everyone's world revolves around video games. If it's on the shelves to buy and is $350 dollars, people expect a quality product, especially those who can't afford such things all the time. Place a red "WARNING: 50% Console Failure Rate" sticker on the box and see how many sell. This is the only way to ensure the 360 owner wasn't duped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Quote Originally Posted by Merlins Beard View Post
    Yeah, right. A statement like this is just blatantly untrue! Take, just for example, the blue-collar parents of some dumbass kid who wants a 360 for Christmas or his birthday or whatever. You think all of these parents know about the console's problems, and won't be slightly bemused or distraught at the $350ish wasted on such a shoddy product?

You've got to be kidding me. As fun as it would be, not everyone's world revolves around video games. If it's on the shelves to buy and is $350 dollars, people expect a quality product, especially those who can't afford such things all the time. Place a red "WARNING: 50% Console Failure Rate" sticker on the box and see how many sell. This is the only way to ensure the 360 owner wasn't duped.
    I don't get what your problem is. Microsoft made a shoddy product, they said "sorry, our bad, we'll fix it, on our dime." Did they like run over your dog or something? I mean shit, get over it.

And actually, I think you could still put that big red sticker on there and it'll still sell. If the dumbass kid and his parents you speak of aren't smart enough to do even a lick of product research before making such a large investment then they sure as hell aren't going to read a sticker on the box other than the one that says $349.99.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, my problem is that too many people are making overly-general statements that just aren't true. Oh, and Microsoft is "fixing it" on their dime, eh? Of the three people I know who've been retarted-ass-enough to buy a 360, two have had to send theirs back twice for repair, and the other's (bought two weeks ago) just douched out earlier this week.

No, Microsoft didn't "run over my dog," but it's still bullshit that should be spoken upon. I feel bad for parents/kids who finally are able to get something for which they've been saving, only to have it break a few months or weeks down the road. Then, after being sent in and gotten back, it's just as likely to break again. It's inexcusable really.